If you are looking for sleek and modern, then the King Edward isn't for you. But it offers a good location steps from the subway system, easy walking distance to many attractions and shopping locations, and with a lovely atmosphere.
I stayed here recently while visiting some friends. The staff was very helpful, especially at the concierge desk - I hadn't been to Canada in about 20 years so wanted some recommendations. My visit happened to coincide with a major water repair, but the staff was very helpful in working around the water outages. When there was a small problem related to sediment in the pipes after the water was turned back on, they immediately sent housekeeping to take care of the issue.
Tip: if you are older or have mobility issues, I would recommend requesting a handicap accessible room. In my room and in the public restrooms the toilets were really low and I know that many of my elder relatives would have serious difficulties with this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward