“Beautiful, Historic and Elegant Hotel”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was staying for just one night in Toronto, and I wanted a hotel near the train station. I was happy to get a very affordable room at the King Edward on Priceline. I'm a firm believer that the worst room at 4 star hotel is better than the best room at a 3 star hotel. I was mildly concerned when I was given a room on the second floor, however, it was good. Originally, I was concerned about street noise, but it was fine. Very quiet. The room had been renovated and it was huge; likely two older rooms turned into one. The bathroom was quite large too. I can see that with the new renovation and more modern furnishings, they must be targeting the business traveller. The room itself reminded me of a Westin. The lobby and mezzanine are like a museum. It is fun to walk around and look at the historic photos and enjoy the atmosphere. The front desk and concierge staff provided excellent service. I did not have time to visit the bar or restaurant, but they looked quite inviting. For convenience, there is also a Tim Hortons right across the street, and you are close to the King metro. Very walkable from Union Station and to Front Street and the St. Lawrence market. This was my second time at the King Eddy and I recommed it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear SoloSpirit,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted to read that your stay went smoothly and that you were pleased with the room accommodation and excellent service. I will be sure to share your feedback with our front desk and concierge teams who will be very appreciative of your kind remarks.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the second time and I look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Jeff Waters

Write a ReviewReviews (3,755)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel was in a prime location and a lovely building. The staff were very helpful, professional and could not do enough for us. The concierge staff Brian and Vanessa were exceptional..keep up the good work!
We visited Niagra falls which was organised through the hotel and would highly recommend doing this trip. The guide was an absolute delight! A real gentleman.
The hotel room was nice and clean and had all mod cons. The bed was very comfortable. We arrived before check in time and they already had our room ready. On check out we were able to store our luggage securely and with no hassle for no extra charge. The staff could not be more helpful.
Would highly recommend this hotel. One of the best I've stayed in for location and friendliness

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephanie S,

I am very pleased to read that your stay was seamless and perfect in every way. Brian and Vanessa are thrilled to receive your special mention of the great service they provided. The Omni King Edward is very fortunate to have an employee group that is caring, friendly and professional. Thank you for acknowledging their exceptional service.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I booked a stay at the King Eddie last night as we were attending a concert at the ACC. I recall staying here as a child with my parents about 50 years ago when it really had a lot of historical charm - glad to say a lot of that charm still exists! Service was excellent from the doorman - front desk clerk and our waiter at this morning's breakfast. We had an un-renovated room and I was a bit concerned about how dated it would be. The clerk suggested we check it out and she would call up to see how we liked it. We ended up with an absolutely huge 8th floor corner room. It was a bit dated but the bathroom was lovely and the room was extremely clean with all the amenities you could ask for. She called up to see how we liked it and we said it would be fine. Very impressed with the follow-up and little touches consistent with what you would expect of a fine hotel.
We enjoyed looking at the old photos of the hotel from 1903 and the early 1900's on display in the lobby and had a nice breakfast this morning. All in all, a really good stay which brought back some fond memories of a long time ago.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - great location - lots of character and highly service-oriented staff!!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

stay for 2 nights apply for omni member and they give us free wi fi love it.the location is excellent walk step to subway .room quiet old but very clean and nice decoration but they don't have a closet other is good except a bug in toilet they not harm but a bit creepy when I see a lot

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Kookkay,

Although I am pleased to learn that the hotel`s location, room and décor were all to your liking, I am very sorry about the bug you found in the toilet and regret the inconvenience caused to you. We take precautions and necessary measures to ensure a bug free environment. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and carefully inspected prior to guest`s arrival. If necessary a pest control company is immediately contacted to have the rooms inspected for any evidence of bugs. I will take your comments back to our Housekeeping team to ensure no further recurrence.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you return to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel staff could not have been more helpful. They got me into my room early after a red eye and were very helpful throughout my stay.

The hotel fitness center was well equipped and room service was quick and efficient.

I would highly recommend for business travelers - service and amenities make this a terrific choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear MKP2,

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that our excellent service and amenities made for a wonderful stay. I will be certain to share your feedback with our team and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The whole operation feels very well organized and it's got that old world charm. The staff were excellent, including the valets. We loved the neighbourhood, with many things to do within walking distance. The room was super big, and incredibly enough, we liked the total wallpaper treatment. It's a bit expensive, but so is anything else in the area. We would gladly return on any opportunity.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear JJJ101,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you received excellent service and that the hotel’s location was ideal for your visit. We are thrilled that you will be returning and look forward to making your next visit just as pleasant and enjoyable.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto has always been one of my favourite iconic hotels. I knew they were renovating some of the rooms, so I was excited to learn that I was staying in one of them on Friday night. I can tell you, it was fantastic! The décor was modern and tasteful, the bed comfy, and the big red ‘crown’ pillow a great look. If you have an opportunity to stay in downtown Toronto, I highly recommend you stay in one of the newly renovated rooms at the King Eddy!

Room Tip: Try one of their newly decorated ones :)