“Lovely hotel...the best location”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
“Lovely hotel...the best location”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was in a prime location and a lovely building. The staff were very helpful, professional and could not do enough for us. The concierge staff Brian and Vanessa were exceptional..keep up the good work!
We visited Niagra falls which was organised through the hotel and would highly recommend doing this trip. The guide was an absolute delight! A real gentleman.
The hotel room was nice and clean and had all mod cons. The bed was very comfortable. We arrived before check in time and they already had our room ready. On check out we were able to store our luggage securely and with no hassle for no extra charge. The staff could not be more helpful.
Would highly recommend this hotel. One of the best I've stayed in for location and friendliness

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Stephanie S,

I am very pleased to read that your stay was seamless and perfect in every way. Brian and Vanessa are thrilled to receive your special mention of the great service they provided. The Omni King Edward is very fortunate to have an employee group that is caring, friendly and professional. Thank you for acknowledging their exceptional service.

It was our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto Ontario
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and I booked a stay at the King Eddie last night as we were attending a concert at the ACC. I recall staying here as a child with my parents about 50 years ago when it really had a lot of historical charm - glad to say a lot of that charm still exists! Service was excellent from the doorman - front desk clerk and our waiter at this morning's breakfast. We had an un-renovated room and I was a bit concerned about how dated it would be. The clerk suggested we check it out and she would call up to see how we liked it. We ended up with an absolutely huge 8th floor corner room. It was a bit dated but the bathroom was lovely and the room was extremely clean with all the amenities you could ask for. She called up to see how we liked it and we said it would be fine. Very impressed with the follow-up and little touches consistent with what you would expect of a fine hotel.
We enjoyed looking at the old photos of the hotel from 1903 and the early 1900's on display in the lobby and had a nice breakfast this morning. All in all, a really good stay which brought back some fond memories of a long time ago.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - great location - lots of character and highly service-oriented staff!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 23, 2013

stay for 2 nights apply for omni member and they give us free wi fi love it.the location is excellent walk step to subway .room quiet old but very clean and nice decoration but they don't have a closet other is good except a bug in toilet they not harm but a bit creepy when I see a lot

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Kookkay,

Although I am pleased to learn that the hotel`s location, room and décor were all to your liking, I am very sorry about the bug you found in the toilet and regret the inconvenience caused to you. We take precautions and necessary measures to ensure a bug free environment. Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and carefully inspected prior to guest`s arrival. If necessary a pest control company is immediately contacted to have the rooms inspected for any evidence of bugs. I will take your comments back to our Housekeeping team to ensure no further recurrence.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you return to stay with us again.

Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel staff could not have been more helpful. They got me into my room early after a red eye and were very helpful throughout my stay.

The hotel fitness center was well equipped and room service was quick and efficient.

I would highly recommend for business travelers - service and amenities make this a terrific choice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear MKP2,

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that our excellent service and amenities made for a wonderful stay. I will be certain to share your feedback with our team and look forward to your next visit.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The whole operation feels very well organized and it's got that old world charm. The staff were excellent, including the valets. We loved the neighbourhood, with many things to do within walking distance. The room was super big, and incredibly enough, we liked the total wallpaper treatment. It's a bit expensive, but so is anything else in the area. We would gladly return on any opportunity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear JJJ101,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you received excellent service and that the hotel’s location was ideal for your visit. We are thrilled that you will be returning and look forward to making your next visit just as pleasant and enjoyable.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Omni King Edward Hotel in Toronto has always been one of my favourite iconic hotels. I knew they were renovating some of the rooms, so I was excited to learn that I was staying in one of them on Friday night. I can tell you, it was fantastic! The décor was modern and tasteful, the bed comfy, and the big red ‘crown’ pillow a great look. If you have an opportunity to stay in downtown Toronto, I highly recommend you stay in one of the newly renovated rooms at the King Eddy!

Room Tip: Try one of their newly decorated ones :)
Dear bill g,

Thank you sharing your experience with our newly renovated accommodation. I am glad that you were very pleased with the room. We are renovating in phases and look forward to delivering the same great experience to every guest. Your patronage is sincerely appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I blind booked a room at the Omni King Edward through Hotwire to surprise my husband for his 50th Birthday. When I arrived to check in I asked about an upgrade expecting to be politely turned down due to my discounted booking, but to my most pleasant surprise not only did they upgrade us to a wonderful room but I was immediately offered a VERY late check out (2pm). It doesn't stop there...when I asked if they had a champagne bucket they told me they would send it up to my room and that they did (filled with ice), along with a complimentary platter of cheese, grapes and crackers.

We were treated like royalty despite our discounted fare and everyone (especially Todd at the front desk) was very friendly and extremely accommodating! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel, not only for their impeccable customer service but also because the hotel itself is beautiful and filled with history and character.

1 Thank JXR1
Dear 10JessicaR10,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful review about your stay. It gives us immense pleasure to learn when our guests have great stay experiences with us. The hotel is indeed very fortunate to have such a caring, friendly and professional employee group. I will be certain to share your appreciation with them.

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Omni King Edward and we look forward to your return visit.