“Nice downtown location”

Ranked #8 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Florida
“Nice downtown location”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a convenient location for business and had lots of restaurants and other entertainment within walking distance. Staff was courteous and service was prompt. Valeted vehicle ($45/day including tax). On average took 10-15 to retrieve car. Bed was very comfortable/good linen and room was quiet. Only complaint was that there was no dresser/chest of drawers to store clothes (only closet with hangers).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Located in the heart of downtown near financial district, very clean, excellent service and well designed and furnished rooms.
It's an expensive option but I can see the difference. We were pampered like old school hotels would know how (I mean shoe shinning services, etc) Would definitely go back and highly recommended!
The only shortcoming was the lack of recreational spaces!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Mâna A
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Upon entry we were in awe of the beautiful decor and architecture of the building.
It was our wedding night and unbeknownst to us, they had upgraded us to a suite FREE of charge! What a wonderful surprise. Waiting in the room for us was a tray of chocolate covered strawberries. Yum!
Our sleep was fantastic, room service efficient, and check in and out painless!
Too bad we only had 1 night here. We are definitely coming back for a longer stay soon!
Oh the view was also fantastic! We watched the sunrise :)

Kent, UK
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here for 10 nights on business in January. The hotel I would thoroughly recommend. My room was spacious for an inner city hotel and scrupulously clean and well maintained. Wifi was not available in the room for free, but the proximity of my room to the lobby meant that I could still pick up the free lobby wifi which was excellent.
The staff were terribly helpful and extremely polite. I was greeted at breakfast each morning by name, with a smile, and asked if I'd like my usual. This made me feel a little more 'home from home'.
The food is very good, and certainly plentiful. I ordered room service one evening, and the size of the meal almost made my eyes pop out of my head.
The concierge was a great help in recommending a tour to Niagara, and he was spot on. The smaller tour company was definitely the way to go, and I met some lovely people on board the bus.
I will be returning to Toronto again very soon for business, and fully intend to stay at the King Edward again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Loubies,

Thank you for selecting The Omni King Edward Hotel for your stay back in January. I am delighted that your experience was one to always remember. My team wishes to extend its warm gratitude for your commendations of the good service and helpfulness of our staff. It was our pleasure to be of service to you and I look forward to having you with us again soon on your next business trip to Toronto.

Ottawa ON Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Concierge were attentive and helpful. Desk staff indifferent. Lobby and elevators clean and refurbished. Went downhill from there. Hall tawdry. Room dirty and worn. Stains on chairs, for instance. Disabled access bathroom was a refit and not well done. Would be difficult for someone in a wheelchair to transfer to toilet and especially shower. Have seen much better.

No free newspaper at the door (at these prices!!). Disabled access is at side of hotel which is demeaning.

Well located for walking to financial district and train station and St. Lawrence Market, and transit is handy. Great restaurants in neighbourhood, but I think you can do better in this are by looking further.

Don’t understand why it got such high ratings from others.

1 Thank allanmiller
Dear allanmiller,

Thank you for your review. While I am pleased that the Concierge team was attentive and helpful and that you found the hotel conveniently located, I regret that your experience left a negative impression of our property. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment with the room that was allocated to you. Room renovation is progressing in phases to address those issues that you described regarding your room. I will also review with the Director of Housekeeping the matter on cleanliness to ensure that guests are not inconvenienced in this manner. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope that you grant us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great location, heritage property, clean and with a very classy on site bar (called the consort bar). The rooms are large, especially if you go for a two queen bed room - and the room service is high quality 24 hour dining fare. As for location it is about 2 blocks to the Eaton Centre as well as 2 blocks from the entertainment district and restaurants. Further if you go East there are a number of great restaurants in an area which is gentrifying really quickly.

The service was fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Adam D,

Thank you for selecting The Omni King Edward Hotel for your stay. We are pleased that the hotel’s convenient location, spacious room and attentive service were all to your satisfaction. We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Chatham, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

my wife and I just recently stayed the night here and were very impressed.
hotel is located in the old part of Toronto and close to the market , air Canada centre , cn tower etc.
on arrival we were greeting with many smiles and a warm welcome .
the staff were all very friendly and professional.
after we got into our room the front desk called about 5 mins later to confirm we were pleased with our room.
the room we had was very large and tall ceilings. it was very clean and comfortable.
we won a bid on priceline for $130 and even if we would of payed full price at 60% more it would of been worth it.
we will consider staying here again when visiting Toronto.

Room Tip: take advantage of the transit system and taxis.must easier to get around and car parking very expen...