Concierge were attentive and helpful. Desk staff indifferent. Lobby and elevators clean and refurbished. Went downhill from there. Hall tawdry. Room dirty and worn. Stains on chairs, for instance. Disabled access bathroom was a refit and not well done. Would be difficult for someone in a wheelchair to transfer to toilet and especially shower. Have seen much better.
No free newspaper at the door (at these prices!!). Disabled access is at side of hotel which is demeaning.
Well located for walking to financial district and train station and St. Lawrence Market, and transit is handy. Great restaurants in neighbourhood, but I think you can do better in this are by looking further.
Don’t understand why it got such high ratings from others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward