The Omni King Edward Hotel
$249
$219
Agoda.com
3,939 results
All reviewsconsort barbeautiful hotellawrence marketbeautiful lobbyvalet parkingthe financial districtthe club loungeking streetdistillery districtroom was largehockey hall of famerenovated roomwould highly recommend this hotellocation is greatbed was very comfortableheart of downtowneaton centre
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The first accolade goes to the staff at The King Edward - responsive, proactive, friendly, and extremely helpful. They provided a peace of mind during my 2-day stay there, and was quick to make a lasting impression right from the get go during check in. Next, the location is great - short walk to the St Lawrence Market and also the downtown area, with accessibility to easy transportation. The room was clean and very comfortable (with an exception of a louder AC unit), but The King Edward definitely helped to make my first visit to Toronto a notable one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Rahmonky,

My team and I are very pleased to have delivered a wonderful first visit experience to you. I extend a warm gratitude for your commendations of the good service, helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. I am also glad that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and that the hotel’s location provided easy access to your requirements.

Thank you for sharing your review and I look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

As you know from my reviews...a silent hotel stay is vital. Not the dead silence of the morgue or the eery silence of the suspiciously empty property but the hushed silence of well-trained staff, good-quality linens and well-built walls. The King Edward has the pleasing hush.

The rooms are big and comfy but chintzy oh so chinzy. This is like complainging about your granny's place being chintzy so I won't go on. Except to say it's a bit care-worn too, a few holes in the carpet, much scuffedness. It needs, as my grannyt would say, fettling.

Superb staff, pleasingly free wifi and a fantatsic downtown location all make this a win.

Room Tip: side rooms are quiter but obviously don't have a view. there is a fantatsic little thrifty market thing selling all manner of vintage tatt roight around the block on a Sunday! GO!
1  Thank scribbler1000
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Scribbler1000,

Thank you for your review of The King Edward Hotel. I am glad that the calming and soothing atmosphere of the hotel was a welcome reprieve for you. I apologize if the room you stayed in did not suit your preferences. We realize the need to update the guest rooms and are in the process of renovating in phases. We truly appreciate your understanding.

Our staff are very appreciative of your recognition. It is wonderful to know that our service met your expectations. I look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The King Edward is the perfect place to base a romantic weekend. The hotel is definitely has all the good parts of an era gone by, but has all the modern things you'd expect. I got into town early and had to wait for my husband to come in. I emailed from the lobby and then checked in after noon. We were lucky to be upgraded to a suite. It was really big and on the corner of the building, so lots of light. The service was outstanding. Housecleaning was still cleaning other rooms when I checked in but one of the women checked to make sure we were set. The same thing in the morning after our room was cleaned. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had everything. We used the concierge to set up a rental car one day which worked out so smoothly. The rental company picked us up in our car and took us to the office to take care of paperwork. We also got a good suggestion for dinner, which TripAdvisor backed up (Foxleys). They were quick with easy directions as well.

The location of the hotel cannot be beat. It is in the financial district, so I am assuming good for business travelers. But it is also 1 tiny block from the subway and the underground system that runs through downtown Toronto. It was raining our first night when we were about to head out for a walk. The concierge recommended walking through the tunnel system which was fun and got us pretty close to our restaurant. We ended up taking the subway everywhere over our long weekend because it was so convenient. Even when the subway or streetcars couldn't get us where we wanted, it got us close enough to get most of the way there and we walked or cabbed the rest of the way.

If you're looking for a getaway weekend, I wholeheartedly recommend the King Edward. One word of warning - regular rooms may have been a bit smaller than ours.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny! The front of the hotel is nice for looking down King St
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Traveleris,

My team and I are very pleased to have delivered a wonderful weekend stay to you and your husband. I am glad that your experience was made memorable by our level of service and the hotel’s convenient location. I am also delighted that your adventure through the underground path and the subway system turned out to be fun. Thank you for sharing a lovely review and I look forward to your return for another perfect weekend getaway.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I spent 2 nights at the "King Eddy" in June while in town for business. I came into town on the Go Train arriving at Union Station. The Hotel is less than a 10 minute walk from Union. My meetings were just a block away so the location was perfect for me.

The hotel was perfect for what I was looking for. Somewhere close to restaurants, entertainment, public transit, shops, etc. The area was very safe and never had any issues while I was there.

The quality of the room was good. It's an older hotel but all the necessary updates have been made. The bed and furniture were above average and comfortable, the TV as fine (flatscreen LG), the wireless internet was fast and reliable. The bathroom had been updated. The shower had good pressure and never had issues with water temp.

I didn't eat/drink in the hotel restaruant but it was busy at times so that's a positive indicator.

The only two problems I had were very minor. First, the key lock on my room (1207 - incase the manager reads this) didn't want to work until I swipped the card multiple times. Second, I couldn't seem to get the iron in the room to produce any steam. Neither was a big enough deal for me to change rooms.

I would stay at the King Edward again and would recommend it to friends that would need a hotel in that area of Toronto.

Room Tip: You are permitted 3 wireless devices with your free wireless internet. I stayed in room 1207 and thought it was a nice room.

Dear Sailordude,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The King Edward Hotel on your business trip. I am glad that the hotel’s location and amenities provided easy access to your requirements. I noted your issues with the room key and the iron and shared your feedback with the department head concerned for further follow up. I apologize for any kind of inconvenience caused. But I am thrilled that your experience overall was positive and I greatly appreciate your recommendation to friends.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Staff are very friendly and appreciate your patronage. Great food and lounge. Older hotel but love the rooms and location which is right downtown Toronto and within walking distance to most venues. Its about 40 min from airport. Would defintely recommend for family and business Im pretty sure they are pet friendly too.

Room Tip: Street view however can be a bit noisy sometimes
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Lee S,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The King Edward Hotel, a pet friendly property. I am pleased to read that the hotel’s convenient location, room features and amenities all suited to your requirements.

Thank you for sharing a nice review and recommending us to the travel community. I look forward to your return visit.