“His majesty in Toronto”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed in the hotel during a weekend
It is located in the heart of the downtown of Toronto, offering great view of the King street
A huge building, with very impressing Great Britain imperial style interior and exterior architecture
looks like a royal place

The hotel is more than 100 years old, so we expected to find a really tired property.
Surprisingly, it was not the case. If I did not know, we would never say it is that old.

Our room was spacious and meticulously clean, maybe 12 feet ceilings!
My wife did not expect to get such a big room at the downtown of Toronto,
Located on the 14 th floor, the room had 4 or 5 windows.
The minibar is very expensive, however they offer " Royal lounge " , a sort of a VIP lounge with very rich self serviced food and drinks, which we enjoyed both in the evening and the next morning.
Really felt like royalty for the sake of change.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Vadimlud,

I am glad that you had a great stay at The King Edward Hotel and I appreciate the time you took to write about your experience. Thank you for sharing how your experience unfolded. We indulge our guests with our tradition of elegance and excellence and I am thrilled that you felt like royalty. We do like to spoil our guests and take great pride in the service we provide.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Visited friends in room and 3 of us in room felt cramped so we didn't stay in room long.

Good hotel, well kept and appointed, classy but wish it had a pool and bigger rooms,lower price.

Good location, you are in the heart of downtown, right near king subway staiton, easy to get to train station if you are arriving by union station or other modes of transport.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Luke242,

While I am happy to read that you found the hotel to be classy, well-appointed and in a great location, I am sorry if you felt the guest room was small. The hotel does have a variety of room sizes and configurations to meet our guests' needs. On your next visit and if you wish, we would be happy to show you some of these rooms so that you can decide which one suits you.

Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed during a 1 day trip to Toronto on Business. Everything was as expected given the rates..check-in/out was quick, a nice boutique hotel with plenty of other dinning options in the vicinity...got a large room

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank skalale
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Skalale,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The King Edward Hotel on your business trip. We appreciate the positive comments about your overall experience and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Toronto.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I, and our 7 year old black lab spent a night at the King Edward Hotel recently. We all enjoyed the experience - this is a very nice hotel in a great location.
The hotel itself is beautiful - it has a beautiful grand entrance and lobby, and is very tastefully decorated. It's also in a great location, close to some really great restaurants and bars, as well as close to shopping and the TTC. We walked to dinner and breakfast, and back - both walks were less than 5 minutes. It was also nearby a park where we could take our dog.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were easy and fast; there were no issues with our bill.
The room we stayed in was very spacious and clean. There was a living area with a couch, chair, and coffee table, a business desk, and bed. The bed was comfortable and large (we stayed in a king suite). Since the hotel knew we had our dog, they provided us with a food-mat and water dish or her as well. That was a nice touch.
The fitness center is very well equipped. It has several treadmills, ellipticals, and other cardio-machines. It also had several weight machines. There is a lot of room for several people to work out simultaneously.
The only drawback is that there is no pool, hot tub, or whirlpool.
We would consider staying at this hotel again when we visit Toronto.

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite.

Dear Sushi M,

I am pleased to hear about your experience at The King Edward Hotel and glad that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for acknowledging the many advantages of staying at our hotel namely the location, room features, and our staff’s warm and friendly service. I am happy that we were able to accommodate all your requirements.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review and we look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am actually in the hotel room as i write this. I found the lack of the wow factor in the rooms was a real downer. With what we are paying to be in this room I am really regretting this decision. Me and my girlfriend were debating on leaving the hotel and going somewhere else thats how upset we are. We are planing on staying two nights, but I am really wishing i went somewhere else. You pay $50 for parking, and over $200 a night for a hotel room for what I feel like is the bare amenities. The room is bland and really empty. I got this for my girlfriends birthday and i feel that i let her down by coming here. Other than the great looking lobby the hotel is really lacking in a lot of what i feel like is expected amenities when coming to a high class hotel. I think the best way of explaining this room is best described in what i felt when i walked in... "it feels like a best western when your on a road trip to florida". Also make sure you don't use a debit visa to book as they do not accept it. Lastly my girlfriend is a lite-ish sleeper and the lack of soundproofing is noticeable.

Room Tip: Try the westin harbour castle. Much better rooms and value!

Dear Michael2223,

We value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts about your stay at The King Edward Hotel. I was sorry to read that you felt your experience was a disappointment and that the room amenities did not meet your standards. We would have been able to improve your situation if we were given the opportunity to address your concerns immediately after you checked in to your room. But please know that we are continually working to improve hotel services and to provide our guests with a problem free stay. The hotel is also undertaking a renovation project that will include major improvements to the guest rooms.

Again, my sincere apologies for the disappointing experience. If I can do anything to gain your good opinion of the hotel, please feel free to contact me directly when you visit us again.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for one night. The hotel was wonderful, friendly staff, nice rooms, great breakfast. However, they made a mistake on the bill during checkout. Luckily we saw that they over charged us by ~ $30; we pointed it out and they corrected it on the spot.

However, a week later when I got my visa bill it showed that they charged an extra ~ $25. I called them and they said it was for mini bar purchases which we never made. Again they will correct it. However, be warned, this hotel charged us extra twice and in the second case I definitely would not have caught it unless I compared the bill to the visa bill. Until that point I was looking forward to going again, but now I would be apprehensive.

Dear Anee1212,

Thank you for this feedback about your experience at The King Edward Hotel. I was sorry to learn of the issues you encountered with billing. Although I was glad that we were able to promptly reverse the transactions, I regret that you had to experience any inconvenience. We certainly do not want a billing issue to mar what would have been an enjoyable stay as you did make positive comments about the hotel’s room, staff and breakfast offerings. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you once again in the future should you be kind enough to give us another opportunity.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We recently spent 2 weeks in The King Edward Hotel and we have been really happy with the service.
The room was spacious, very clean, confortable and, despite the really cold weather, always warm so it was a pleasure go back at the end of the day.
The hotel is in a really good position: very close to public transport and it is easy to walk to many of the main interesting sites (don't forget to visit St. Lawrence Market which is just 5 minutes walking). There are also lots of restaurants and bars in the area.
The bar of the hotel deserves a special mention especially during the week when Stefano will make all his best to make you feel very welcome and to be sure that you will enjoy the evening.

3  Thank Silvia P
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Silvia P,

Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your recent stay at The King Edward Hotel. I am pleased that you found the room to your liking and that you left feeling happy with the service you received. The hotel’s location is indeed ideal for moving around the city and the bar is well renowned for its offerings. Thank you acknowledging Stefano’s fine service. I will be sure to pass the glowing compliments on to him.

We look forward to your next visit.