My husband and I, and our 7 year old black lab spent a night at the King Edward Hotel recently. We all enjoyed the experience - this is a very nice hotel in a great location.
The hotel itself is beautiful - it has a beautiful grand entrance and lobby, and is very tastefully decorated. It's also in a great location, close to some really great restaurants and bars, as well as close to shopping and the TTC. We walked to dinner and breakfast, and back - both walks were less than 5 minutes. It was also nearby a park where we could take our dog.
The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were easy and fast; there were no issues with our bill.
The room we stayed in was very spacious and clean. There was a living area with a couch, chair, and coffee table, a business desk, and bed. The bed was comfortable and large (we stayed in a king suite). Since the hotel knew we had our dog, they provided us with a food-mat and water dish or her as well. That was a nice touch.
The fitness center is very well equipped. It has several treadmills, ellipticals, and other cardio-machines. It also had several weight machines. There is a lot of room for several people to work out simultaneously.
The only drawback is that there is no pool, hot tub, or whirlpool.
We would consider staying at this hotel again when we visit Toronto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward