WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Omni King Edward Hotel

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #9 of 131 Hotels in Toronto
Peterborough, Canada
“Classic architecture, modern feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I loved this hotel and will definitely return. Friendly staff and i loved the eleventh floor breakfast lounge/club. I was close to everything downtown too, so this is a great location for a leisure trip to TO.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear chris007007ab,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences here at The King Edward Hotel. I am pleased to learn that you experienced excellent service and friendly staff. It is great to know that you found the hotel to be a convenient location to the major attractions in the city.
We look forward to your next visit.
Jeff Waters

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
toronto, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

First off, I got an excellent deal through booking.com ($139/night) and for that price I was extremely satisfied with the room I eventually got. The front desk people were very helpful and did not mind that I did not like the first room they gave me- it had crazy striped wallpaper that made me dizzy and was very dated- weird 80s/90s thing happening. It also had a very dark bathroom and not a very nice view, so I asked to move and they offered me an upgrade.

The second room was great- it was a corner room that was very spacious and had 4 large windows with a pretty view of the Toronto skyline. The room was fairly simply decorated with a basic monochromatic beige scheme. There was even a sitting area with a couch and 2 chairs- the upholstery seemed quite old though! Everything seemed clean though. The room was still in need of an upgrade, but definitely worth the price I paid. I would have been disappointed if I paid more though....

The customer service was the best and I'm sure when the renovations are complete, the hotel rooms will be beautiful again- but I bet you won't be able to get such a good deal!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank globalbouncer
Dear globalbouncer,
We value your comments and thank you for sharing details about your stay. I am delighted that you were happy about the room upgrade. Thank you for recognizing our employees who continue to go the extra mile for our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
NB, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Every single staff member at this hotel was courteous and helpful from check-in to check-out. They seem to be imbued with pride at working in such a beautiful hotel. The lobby is breathtaking, even with the renovations currently happening, and my guest rooms was comfortable and elegantly furnished, The bathroom appeared to be spotless and had excellent amenities (though the sink was cracked).

The Consort Bar is furnished like an old library and serves a great gin and tonic! Breakfast was good.The guest rooms do not have coffee making facilities; however, there is complimentary coffee in the lobby until 11 am--unfortunately, this is not well advertised, and I discovered it to my chagrin only after I'd bought [bad] coffee from the Tim's across the road.

I did have persistent problems with the lock on my guest room door. Although the front desk issued new key cards to me several times, I had to seek help from the concierge on three occasions. This is a beautiful old hotel, but--as you would expect from a building this age--the walls are thin.

Room Tip: Don't forget the free coffee in the morning!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Dalry,
Thank you for taking the time to post comments regarding your experiences here at The King Edward Hotel. Although I was pleased to read that your stay was satisfactory, I am sorry that there was a problem with your room keys. Please know that we are continually working to improve hotel services and to provide our customers with a problem free stay.
Thank you for staying at The King Edward Hotel.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

This beautiful hotel in the heart of the city allows you to access Toronto's elegant past with modern amenities. The service was outstanding performed by real people, not customer service automatons. The room was comfortable and the restaurant provided some of the best breakfast I've had this side of France! Don't miss out on the king Eddie.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric l
Dear Eric I,
Thank you for posting such wonderful comments and sharing how you enjoyed your time at the King Edward Hotel. I am particularly pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel’s great service performed by real people.
We look forward to welcoming you back!
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Came here to experience the chocolate festival in Toronto; a portion of the $ is donated to cancer research!

Great ambience- afternoon tea is served with the view of the main lobby area, tables are right outside the restaurant.

Tea- I tried one of the chocolate teas but I was not a fan of it, however my friend tried the king Eddie tea and she loved it! They provided honey and milk/cream if needed and refilled the pots when required.

Food-chocolate pairing in the sandwiches were excellent! Scones were cold and would have been nice warmed and the chocolate spread provided was hard to put on scones so I used the jam instead. The chocolate desserts were to die for! Not one I did not enjoy.

Service-great, once we were given the menus and were ready to order our teas, we were presented with a tea box with the loose leaf teas to smell. When we requested for the honey, milk, more hot water and plain water they were all promptly fulfilled. Upon presentation of our food, our server took the time to explain each item but I think I was too "googly-eyed" about all the chocolate that I forgot half of the descriptions!

I would like to return here again to try their regular afternoon tea, however, I hope they can warm up the scones first.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank crazy_cat_sab
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear crazy_cat_sab,
Thank you for posting your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the King Edward’s famous Afternoon Tea. We hope that you return to visit us again soon.

Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

What a magical old hotel beautiful lobby and ceilings and the rooms were in keeping with this style. I had a lovely view from the 16th floor toward the port and a church. My room was so quiet I slept in! The conference I was attending at the hotel provided breakfast lunch and dinner for over 300 people - best conference food I have ever had. Well done King Edward will reccomend you and if Im in Toronto again would definitely stay! The location is good about 10 minutes to Eaton Centre, afew minutes to great restaurants if you choose to eat outside of the hotel and we had great facials a minute a way. Only crticism is the stepp wine prices in the bar and the surley barman the only rude staff member we came across. As a result we never went back to the bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lionelmax
Dear lionelmax,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and sharing your experience with us. I offer my sincerest apologies for the disappointing level of service that you received from a member of our team. Please be assured that we have followed up appropriately. I was thrilled to read your “best food” comment and I am happy that you were satisfied with your stay.

Glastonbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This big old hotel has a great atmosphere. I stayed here for a conference event. Large room on the 15th floor. Clean, spacious and yet cosy and homely. The food was great...most of the time. Staff friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business