In all my years of visiting Toronto, I had never stayed at The King Edward. It is truly a charming hotel, and if you enjoy history, you will find yourself sleeping inside a little piece of it.
My room was well appointed and clean, the view was obstructed, but I was really only there to sleep, enjoy the city, and attend some meetings, so I forgive that miss. The staff that I encountered during my stay were charming, attentive and provided me with informed service.
The Consort Bar is the type of place where you can sit with your drink and imagine the conversations that must have taken place where you are. At the bar, a man I believe is called Stephano is a fine example of a traditional bartender in good form.
When I checked out of the hotel, the doorman thanked me for staying at The King Edward and wished me a good day, unhurried and polite in a way that is rare in our fast paced world.
I would stay here again without hesitation, and recommend this to anyone who enjoys the feel of a truly traditional hotel. An excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sixteen-story Edwardian Hotel dating from 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Omni King Edward Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Meridien King Edward
- King Edward Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Le Meridien Toronto
- Toronto Le Meridien
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward