“Great hotel, great location, very professional, and comfortable!”

The Omni King Edward Hotel
Ranked #8 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Helston, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great location, very professional, and comfortable!”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend, expecting it to be a decent hotel, although both of us usually like more modern hotels. It blew our expectations out of the park, the hotel is much nicer than most of the pictures actually reveal, the staff was very professional, and accommodating. The beds and pillows were outstandingly comfortable, and the lobby was gorgeous. Everything was clean, and very nice. The extras that they have are also very impressive, 2 tv's in our 1 bed room, the safe which actually came in handy as we were worried about leaving our valuables there, and the mini fridge which is fully stocked. The only way I'd improve this hotels service would be that the tv had some glitches throughout our stay and wouldn't allow us on certain channels which we know that we could receive, as well as even though all of the staff was nice, and professional, most of them weren't very friendly. I never once got a hello from a doorman, and I left and entered the hotel at least 20 times throughout my stay, I'm pretty sure greeting the guests are what doormen are supposed to do. But overall, a good hotel, I would suggest it for pretty anybody, and everybody!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Britishgirll26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Love the art work in this hotel and can feel the History in this place!
Very professional staff, from the bellman through the front desk and Housekeeping to the room service.
A great place from honeymooner!

However, its really noisy in the room when the A/C is on! besides some technicality issues such as it is awfully hot in the elevators and hallways.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aljafari1
, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Aljafari1,

Thank you for sharing with us your King Edward experience. It is always a pleasure to know that your stay with us was to your satisfaction. We noted your feedback about the AC in the guest rooms and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our maintenance team has been dispatched to rectify this problem.

We hope you return to visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My sister and I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful Hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated with utmost professionalism by all staff. Julian promptly handled our luggage and escorted us to our amazing room! His upbeat nature instantly put a smile on our faces made us feel welcome! The old world vibe of this facility is outstanding. The attention to detail is evident in a grand lobby entrance, spacious suites and tasteful decor throughout. The Continental breakfast was delicious with freshly squeezed orange juice and a
variety of fresh food selections. Overall, our experience was superb! I would highly recommend staying at the King
Edward downtown Toronto!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank 12120220
Dear valued guest:

Thank you for a superb review! It is much appreciated and clearly shows that your experience was a memorable one. It gives us immense pleasure to learn that we were able to create special memories for you and your sister and I thank you for acknowledging the professionalism of our staff, particularly, Julian. He, along with our team from the kitchen, will be delighted to hear of this feedback from you.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again in your next visit.

Lancashire, England
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Although I am normally attracted to more modern hotels, my husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. We chose it for its location and good value (booked through Canadian Affair). The bed and pillows were heavenly, room very nice, breakfast very good and service very good. We had a drink in the bar one evening which was pleasant and, although I do prefer bright, modern surroundings, it was in keeping with the style of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bluejay81
Dear Bluejay81,

Thank you for sharing with us your King Edward experience. It is a delight to know that your stay with us was one of comfort and satisfaction. I am happy that our amenities, guest services and location met your needs. I am also glad that you were able to experience leisure and relaxation in our award winning Consort Bar.

I look forward to your return visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The foyer, bar and ballroom are the most gorgeous parts of this elderly establishment. Gracious front desk service. Fairly spacious, pricey and comfortable rooms, in serious need of upgrading if the King Erward wishes to maintain its standing in a city where luxury hotels are opening all over the place. A tarnished pearl in the Le Meridien crown.

Room Tip: Wait till the renovations have been completed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Torontonian54
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The King Edward is a very old hotel in downtown Toronto. It has nice features and the staff is very accommodating. However, there are much better deals nearby and if you're driving - be aware that there is a $42.00+ day parking charge - add valet/concierge tips and you're looking at fifty bucks just to park. Our room (921) had no place to hang clothes, a very small bathroom and an TV barely visible from the bed. Good hotel in a pinch, but be very careful - much better deals in other hotels.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel . . . almost $50.00 a day to park car.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 154976Wonderer7
KingEdward1903, General Manager at The Omni King Edward Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear 15497Wonderer7,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and acknowledging the friendliness of our staff. While I am happy to read that your review is positive in overall tone, I am disappointed that some aspects of your visit were not as you anticipated. I am sorry that you found the parking rate to be higher than your expectations. We regularly conduct surveys to ensure our rates remain competitive and I can assure you that our fee is comparable with other 4 star hotels in the city. Also, all guest rooms are equipped with a closet for hanging your clothes. We have made a significant note of your feedback for review and future consideration as we continue to enhance our services. If we have caused any inconvenience in any way please accept my sincere apologies.

I do look forward to your return visit.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Good - Large rooms, Good elevator service. Friendly Check-in.
The Bad - Stained Carpet, Room needs updating, Internet Charges of $14.95 for one day, $27.95 for 2 days & $40.95 for 3 days.At check-out I was told I could have used WiFi in the lobby for free. Kind of late then. TV reception terrible (analogue).There is no microwave or coffee maker in the rooms. Watch out for all extra charges including use of the telephone, in room drinks/snacks and room service. The costs are outrageous.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as high up as possible due to traffic and construction noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Happy_Traveller_DO70
Dear Happy Traveller,

I am sorry to read that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I apologize if you have not been informed about the complimentary wi-fi service in the lobby. I have passed on this comment to the Director of Front Office so he may remind our front desk agents to advise guests of this service. Additionally, it may be worthwhile to note that the guest rooms will soon undergo restoration where your particular concerns will be addressed. We hope that you grace us again with another visit in the future.