“Another perfect stay! This hotel never disappoints me! They are great!”

Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Ranked #23 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 29, 2009

This hotel is our company's choice when visiting Toronto for meetings at our company's Toronto office.

The hotel is actually a little farther away from the work site, and many of us have tried other hotels in the area that are closer, but none of them compare to this one, and we always return and wonder why we tried something else. The staff is incredibly friendly and always fantastic and helpful. It makes our business trips more like visiting our home away from home.

It has everything you need at the hotel - great dining, a pool, exercise equipment, and other activities available, but in addition, just across the street, there is "The Bay" Yorkdale mall with tons of shopping, great restaurants, and light rail access to the city of Toronto.

For short stays or long stays, it just is the best value around.

2  Thank 1rogue_traveler

Reviewed January 28, 2009

Whenever possible I stay at the Holiday Inn and have come to expect a high level of customer service. The Holiday Inn at Yorkdale exceeded my expectations. An example of its exceptional hospitality was the evening reception for priority guests. It offered a laid-back venue to socialize and relax after a hectic day. The guests were from around the globe and the conversation engaging. The decor in the public areas is warm, inviting and calming. You will enjoy your stay.

2  Thank clcotton
Reviewed January 22, 2009

I stayed at the Yorkdale Holiday Inn from 20-21 Jan 09 while on business. I arrived at approximately 8:30 pm and was able to experience the personalized check-in that Priority Club members are entitled to. Once you identify yourself as a Priority Club member you are asked by the front desk staff to check-in through a private room set off to the side. In this room I was met by the lovely Caroline and the smell of fresh baked cookies. Check-in was very friendly and efficient. You are also offered a glass of sparkling wine, sushi and a grab-bag of soda, chips and breakfast bars to take up to your room. Finally, I was also given a coupon for 25% off breakfast for each of my nights stay. Very nice touch indeed.

I was given Room # 1235 in the East Tower which I was led to believe was an upgraded room. This room was on the top floor, was at the opposite end of the elevators and had a balcony facing the Yorkdale Shopping Centre. Unfortunately, I found the room to be a little disapointing as it only had two standard beds (vice queen size), had paint/wallpaper peeling by the balcony door and had smallish bathroom. This opinion is in relative comparison with a room I had in the same hotel six months ago in the West Tower which seemed larger and nicer. Although I am not 100% sure, my sense is that the hotel was fully booked and due to my relatively late arrival, I was given what was left-over. Due to my short stay, I did not complain and accepted the room as presented.

Due to my schedule, I was not able to make use of my breakfast buffet coupons however the coffee bar was very convenient, if not a little pricey. The hotel lobby was very clean and efficient. The waiting area was well appointed with stylish sofas and chairs and the gas fireplace is a nice touch on a cold, winter evening.

I did find the bed linens to be clean and crisp. The towels were new and fluffy. Overall, the room was very clean and quiet. I can see why this hotel's housekeeping wins awards. Finally, I too found the wireless Internet to be quite slow, although it was complimentary. I am not sure whether my location on the 12th floor had anything to do with the signal strength.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to either business travellers or families.

1  Thank NorthYorkian
Reviewed December 2, 2008

I just returned from a 3 day stay at the Holiday Inn Yorkdale. Like many other reviewers, I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is nicely appointed and the rooms very clean and comfortable.

I was traveling with a baby and as I've done at other Holiday Inns (I'm a Priority Club member and stay almost exclusively within the chain) , I requested a fridge and microwave for my room, necessities for feeding. In past stays at other hotels, these have always been provided free of charge. I was told there would be a 12$/day fee for the fridge and there was no microwave available. When the fridge arrived I was surprised to see how old it was. You'd figure if they are going to make you pay extra, you might actually be provided with a current model!

When I reserved my room I opted for the Best-4-Breakfast rate. Agin, at other Holiday Inn stays, this has always provided me with extra value for money when enjoying breakfast at the hotel restaurant. In this case however, paying the $20 premium per night only resulted in a voucher for $20 off my breakfast bill. Huh???

The staff were all very professional and the hotel itself was quite nice, I guess my gripes are with managerial decisions that leave me scratching my head. All in all a good stay but beware of nickeling and diming at this one.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank salusas
Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed here for business on Oct 14-16, 2008. This was my first time at this Holiday Inn and I have to say, it's a very nice hotel.

The King rooms are spacious and have plenty of amenities although the wireless internet is pretty slow.

The hotel's bar and restaurant were above average and the food was fairly good. What I really enjoyed was the little coffee stand in the mornings. Get the breakfast blend, it's the strongest!

Express check out was great as I didn't need to stop by the front desk at all. My bill was slipped under my door sometime through the night and all was correct.

I wouldn't hesitate to book this hotel again or recommend it to others.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank PMedMoe
Reviewed September 10, 2008

My husband and I spent the night of our wedding at the Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale.

Obviously after such a long, busy day with family and friends, we were thrilled just to get to the hotel room. We weren't expecting just a warm reception and were blown away with the level of service and hospitality we received.

When we arrived at the hotel it was just after midnight. The front desk was still well manned and the staff was quick to offer their congratulations.

We were placed into a beautifully updated room with a comfortable bed and duvet, and we very happy to find a beautiful welcome basket filled with fresh fruit, cheeses, crackers and even a bottle of wine. As we were famished from the day, we gobbled down the delectable treats in a matter of minutes and settled in for the night.

The following morning we had breakfast in their absolutely stunning atrium. It was as though we were sitting on an outdoor patio in our own private tropical oasis. The food was incredible! I had french toast on thick bread with REAL MAPLE SYRUP and my hubbie enjoyed an incredible omlet with fresh veggies and coffee that was fresh, hot and always refilled without even having to ask.

Since our stay (which I admit was in July 2004), we have made efforts to come back again and again. Sometimes just for lunch in the restaurant. Yes, the food was THAT GOOD!

In my experiences with the Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale it is no wonder they have received countless awards in recognition of the dedication to guest satisfaction.

For those reading these reviews, I highly recommend staying at this beautifully updated, well-appointed hotel. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAMESB2
HolidayInnYorkdale, E-Commerce/Rooms Analyst at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2008

At the Holiday Inn Yorkdale, we love to hear how we were able to take part in your very special day.

We are glad that you and your husband enjoyed our Omelet Station and Open Concept Cooking.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, and we hope to see you at lunch soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2008

We have just returned from our four day trip to Toronto in which we stayed at the Holiday Inn Yorkdale. After winning so many awards and seeing the beautiful pictures I was confident that our stay would be great. Upon returning to our room on the second evening we found our patio door opened, which we discovered wouldn't lock. After notifying the front desk they assured us that it would be fixed in the morning. Two days went by and they never fixed it, along with no face clothes one night (they sent us up 3 hand towels and 1 face cloth) and the Cafe Express not being opened because of their summer hours (no signage to indicate this).

This hotel has a "Hospitality Promise" that states that you will not have to pay for the portion of your stay that you're not satisfied with. Since I wasn't satisfied for the last two nights of my stay I mentioned this at checkout and the manager tried to refund us $50 which he switched to one night free once he found out that the first representative offered the four of us all free breakfast which was a better offer than his, even though $50 off was "his best".

I couldn't believe that a hotel with so many awards could have such poor customer service and they instructed me to call 1-800-Holiday for more of a refund. Upon calling their toll free number one of the managers told me I should have left the hotel and one nights refund was sufficient in her opinion. I will pass on Holiday Inn's own recommendation to everyone and recommend that you stay at another hotel. Obviously the safety and satisfaction of their customers is not a priority and they do not stand by their Hospitality Promise.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank appletravel81

All the necessary steps were taken by the hotel employees to ensure the guest’s complaints were promptly addressed and compensation was provided accordingly.

Guest Relations was informed of the situation and felt that no further compensation was warranted.