“Ignore negative reviews-this is just fine!”

Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Ranked #18 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This is the second time my family and I booked this hotel for a family get together not too far from the hotel. The rooms were very comfy and immaculate. The cleaning staff works extremely hard to keep all in top shape. The front desk staff and restaurant staff are very friendly, as is management. Yes, I totally agree with the other reviewers-the breakfast buffet is WAY too expensive. We did not try the grab and go area-my hubby likes his breakfast so that would not have worked for us. As all others have stated, it is convenient to the mall right across the street. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, We are delighted to know that our staff and facilities gave you a comforting experience and you enjoyed your stay with your family. We look forward to welcoming you back again and again.

General manager

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I hate Priceline for housing me in here. Don't ever do Priceline Negotiator 3 stars in North York because this is the crap hotel they put you in. The design of the hotel is so dated. Breakfast buffet was more expensive than a buffet at a 5 star Starwood hotel! $20.95 for overcooked eggs and what seemed like deep fried pancakes?? No thanks! Worst of all, the walls are paper thin and they put me in a room next to the elevator. And this is after I upgraded!!!! I heard all my hotel neighbors clearly. I could even hear my neighbors fooling around! They also just had schools, yes SCHOOLS, of children checking in so now the hotel is noisier than ever. At 2am last night I heard a kid jumping around and screaming in his room which was right above me. They also put some kids adjacent to my room! WTH? Do you not consider your other guests staying in the hotel at the same time??? The location is also terrible. The only thing they have going on for them is the mall, but it gets old fast! The hotel is situated in the worst congested area, and if you ever need to go anywhere, it takes you down Allen Road or Eglington (just to get out of the crap hole neighborhood the hotel is in. And when you go down either roads, get ready to sit in 30 mins of traffic just to get somewhere just 5 miles away. Every Torontonian I spoke to even knew about the reputation of the hotel and its seediness. I would get laughed at or sympathized by locals once they heard that i was staying at this hotel. What cracks me up is that the entrance to the hotel is through a Honda Dealership parking lot. Lol! What a joke. The layout of the hotel is absolutely ridiculous. The staff is nice I guess, but I didn't really interact with them enough to pass any real judgement. By the way, they also slipped the someone else's invoice underneath my door last night and the fire alarm went off at 8am this morning. I will never stay here again. Stupid parking passes that you have to pay $10 for each night doesn't always work either. The one good thing about their rooms though is the bed. I like the pillow options, but that's it. The shower curtains stink of mildew. At least mine did. Gross!

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator. Also the elevator takes forever to get to your floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Judychausanders

We strive to provide the highest levels of service for all guests, but we apologize for not meeting your expectations. Please contact Crystal Lambert at reservations@hiyorkdale.com so that we can discuss your experience, and understand how to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is an older 10 story Holiday Inn located across Dufferin Street from Yorkdale shopping centre. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the mall and that really is the best asset of this hotel.
Check in/out was efficient with friendly staff. Breakfast was (expensive) sufficient and the waitress was very friendly.
The dining area and pool/exercise area are in a large open area. So if you are swimming or using the whirlpool/sauna you are on display from the restaurant and from a number of hotel rooms that face this area.
To get from the change room to the pool and exercise area you must walk across this open area. Not convenient when you are wet and coming out of the pool. Exercise room is well equipped.
For our two days there, we found that each day trays with dirty dishes would be left on the floor outside rooms for most of the day.
Our room faced the mall, and although it was not a major problem, it always sounded as if there was an open window, due to the slight noise. Would suggest that you ask for a room that does NOT face the 401 expressway where it might be even noisier.
There is a $10 per day parking fee. Toronto transit passes right by the front door.
If you are driving, it may be difficult to find the driveway. A clue is to look for the Honda dealership and turn in. The hotel is located just beyond the dealership.
Contrary to other comments, our wifi was fast for the two days that we were there (5th floor)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face on the expressway (highway 401)
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe_Ursano

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our location and the hotel amenities. I do apologise for trey’s being left on your floor and will pass onto our Food and Beverage Manager. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently spent 5 days at this hotel as my Mom fell and broke her hip and was hospitalized at the Humber Regional Hospital on Church St. And this hotel was not too far away.
It is an older hotel but is located right across the street from the fabulous Yorkdale Shopping Centre and from there you can catch the subway.
I told the staff I needed a quiet room with a small fridge if possible . I was very anxious about my Mom and did not want a room with a lot of activity going on nearby. I stayed in room 635 East which was overlooking Dufferin St. And the highway but was in fact very quiet. There was even a little balcony that you could go out on and watch the endless Toronto traffic.
Sadly, my Mom passed away while I was there. Lori of Guest Services arranged for a fruit platte, a large bottle water to be sent to my room and wrote me a beautiful note of condolence. They made special provisions for my sister to park over the two hour free time limit and allowed me to check out later than the required time. Overall, they were very kind and compassionate during this sad time. I would stay here again.
Also,if you are a Senior and need a taxi, have them call Beck Taxi which gives a 10% discount to Seniors. If you are using a taxi every day, this was a nice little savings.

Room Tip: The Sixth floor is where a lot of pilots who are taking flight training stay and since they leave ea...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your caring response, we are deeply sorry for your loss, I am pleased to hear that our staff was considerate during your stay, you and your family will be in our prayers.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The wifi in our room NEVER worked consistently and when I called the front desk to complain they called me back with an IT guy who told me it was just the way it is. There were no in-room movies because the hotel is switching providers and I couldn't pull up anything on Netflix because the wifi signal was never strong or consistent. I must have signed in 30 times in three days. I decided to move to another hotel because of this issue. I could not get work done or entertain the kids at night. When a hotel advertises Wifi, they should have consistent wifi and when told there is a problem, they should correct it, not excuse it away as "that's just the way it is"

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank zoodlez
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please contact Crystal Lambert our Reservations Coordinator at reservations@hiyorkdale.com

General Manger

Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed here in January of 2013 for six nights.
Overall the stay was pretty good. Although I was travelling for business, I did have my family with me.

This is a quite a large hotel, located immediately across the street from Yorkdale Shopping Centre. It is close to the subway and is conveniently located right off the 401.

Postiive Points:
- Friendly staff.
- Excellent housekeeping!!! (I was extremely impressed with the service!)
- Convenient location.
- Parking is reasonably priced at $10/night.
- Warm pool which was hardly ever busy.
- Easy, quick, efficient check-in and check-out.

Negative Points:
- Our room had no windows and faced the pool. It was also noisy because it faced out into the centre of the hotel.
- Restaurant was a bit expensive and service was ridiculously slow.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Toronto. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guests, and our staff are delighted to know that they made a an impact, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is my regular choice for business trips to Toronto. Reasonable rates, clean and comfortable rooms, and decent food. It is located across the street from the Yorkdale mall for shopping and more dining choices. Well situated if working in the Yonge and York Mills area.

• Stayed: March 2014
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for posting your lovely comment, we are thrilled to be your choice hotel when travelling on business or pleasure, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon.