“Don't stay pool side.”

Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2012

A decent hotel with a decent price. Very convenient to be located right across from the yorkdale mall. Be sure not to stay in the interior rooms overlooking the indoor pool. The doors are only single pane glass and you can hear everything. Last night some psycho people were screaming at the top of their lungs until midnight. Luckily, I realized if I turned on the AC fan it would drown them out and I finally got to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. We do apologize that you were disturbed by other guests during your stay. We would like to have the chance to make it right if this happens to you in the future. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the location. We look forward to welcoming you back.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My cousin and I were in town to see a show and we decided to book at Holiday Inn Yorkdale as he frequently stays here. Its a very nice hotel and it looks like they have renovated. Not to much noise from outside or the highway either. Comfortable beds and nice size room. The breakfast buffet was pretty good however I just have to small suggestions. I had to ask for a couple of items that to me should have been part of the buffet. I started with oatmeal and couldn't find any so I asked for some. Then I had eggs but no sign of ketchup. To me these things should be part of the buffet if you are going to serve oatmeal and eggs, sausage, etc. All in all a good stay and I will defintely come back.

Room Tip: If you are due to be somewhere downtown and you are taking the subway and need to cross the street o...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale and for writing this review for us! Our oatmeal is made fresh to order off the breakfast menu. And we do apologize for the ketchup not being available for you at that time. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was "awarded" this hotel upon booking with Hotwire for the first time. Never again will I stay here!
Our room was clean and had everything we needed, we thought despite the looks from the outside this was going to be an alright place to stay. Wrong.
We paid $9 for secure parking, well when you arrive back to your hotel at 1am to find the arm of the gate WIDE OPEN that to me is allowing unwanted people into the hotel parking, why did I pay? And then the front entrance was notlocked either at 11pm as the sign states!
One eleator was broken...and from what I see in previous posts from this summer! that it was broken then....well FYI - its still broken and we did not once ever get an elevator to come when we pressed the buttom, so we lugged all our luggage and treked up and down the stairs at least 20+ times during our stay.
After arriving back to our hotel at 1am we went to bed only to be woken up at 430am by a large group of young teens banging, yelling, screaming on all the doors up and down the hall. I called front desk, not once, not twice but 3 times before anyone came to take care of this, by this point we were awake for the day. So nice to know we paid over $100 to what....rest our eyes for 3.5hrs?
When we checked out I made a complaint stating that I thought there was an age of majority for renting out rooms, oh wait, maybe they just walked in the front entrance seeing as how it was not locked as of 11pm as the sign states! That is allowing anyone in the parking lot, thanks to the unlocked gate, and now right in the hotel like its free playground.
I was offered free parking...wow...big deal! I think I deserved more than that for all the inconvenience! I didn't even get an apology, simply "Did you call the front desk?"
Please, other than convenience to Yorkdale this place is not worth the close proximity, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank foxfam4

I am very disappointed to hear about the experience you have had with us. I sincerely apologize for the security details, noise issues and the level of customer service you received, and can certainly understand your disappointment. I can assure you this does not represent the level of security and service we aim to give our guests. I have passed the information to my team to see what occurred that weekend. I also apologize about the elevator not working properly, we are working on fixing the issue. We do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again to restore your faith in us. We would like the opportunity to discuss this further with you, please contact Crystal Lambert, Reservations Coordinator at 416-785-6806.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Yorkdale for 7 days. Once again, it proved to be an excellent location, just opposite the Yorkdale Shopping Plaza which contains many quality stores. It's 10 minutes walk to the underground, and from there you can quickly go downtown. Breakfast at the hotel is great, and the staff are helpful and obliging, especially Christine on the 5th floor. Check-in and -out is simple and efficient and I especially valued the free computer use in the Business Centre. The only drawback is the charge for car-parking (it used to be free). If you want a quiet hotel, and a good night's sleep, this is the place.

Room Tip: You can choose a room with a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. I liked it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for writing a review for us, and for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. I am also delighted to know how much you enjoyed the service you were provided by our great team. We will be happy to share your wonderful comments with Christine. We look forward welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stay here twice a year because this is where our company puts us. Nice hotel. A bit old but clean and the staff are friendly. Rooms are a reasonable size and have two double beds. So, good for families. There is a small gym and an indoor pool. Have used the gym a few times. It's basic but adequate.
The Yorkdale Mall is across the road, so if shopping is what you're after then you probably would be satisfied. There is also a metro station at the eastern end of the mall.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at The Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and for the compliments regarding our amenities and our great location.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the primay reason of shopping at Yorkdale mall and the location really couldn't be any better! A short 5 min walk and I am at the mall, it's safe walk to, well lit and not in a secluded area. The hotel itself is dated but clean and comfortale however the airconditioning unit was very loud all night, but I guess when you are tired after shopping all day you can sleep through it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking was only $9 and they let us park there while we shopped which was much appreciated. If you are hoping to shop downtown Toronto ths isn't the beast location but for Yorkdale mall it's perfect. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
HolidayInnYorkdale, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toronto Yorkdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to read that you found our location to be convenient and our team to be friendly and helpful. We do apologize that you were disturbed by the air conditioner during your stay. We are having our engineering team look into the matter. We hope to welcome you back and that you have a more enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Spent three nights in August with my daughter. On the plus side, awesome pleasant and helpful staff. Felt very welcome. Spacious room with comfortable beds and free internet. Sliding doors/balcony overlooking the atrium (pool, tennis courts etc) was a nice feature. Walking distance to Yorkdale Mall and subway was very convenient. Room for improvement - update your televisions to flat screen and do something about poor reception. Not sure if you can fix this, but those elevators are excruciatingly slow! Fridges in the rooms should be standard and not cost extra. Provide free parking to guests as well. Put water/soft drink vending machines on each floor. Would have been nice if pool table did not require coins...just didn't see the need given that tennis, ping pong, swimming pool etc were all free. All in all, enjoyed our stay, but the extra charges for standard services available free at many other hotels (parking, fridge) seemed a bit exccessive. C'mon Holiday Inn, you have a great hotel, but consider removing the extra charges. I know it would go a long way in getting more returning guests!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet room, request one that does not look over the atrium. There's...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for the compliments regarding our services and employees. My team and I do appreciate your feedback. We hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future.