“4 stars because of the Location”

Comfort Hotel Downtown
Ranked #78 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Amazing location, I was so happy that this hotel is just walking distance from the Bloor Yonge subway, spas, fast food chain, asian restaurants, starbucks, shoppers, dollarama store, condos, AND AND AND Bloor street west which has the best clothing stores in one street, I recommend talking to Jerry from the front desk , he is very competent, he addressed my concerns immediately, and to the manager and other front desk staff, you need to loosen up and smile. Please inform your guests ahead of time in case of other inconveniences like water shutdown. The hotel heating system needs a lot and I mean a lotta work, bathrooms need to be a bit bigger, :\, but as the previous female reviewer said, "This hotel is for the budget conscious" . I'd come back again to stay here, though. Oh, and to the COMFOrt HOTEL staff, stop recommending MASA rstauRant right beside your hotel because the chubby waitress and the waiter named JASON were incompetent and so rude once they know that you're just there for the ALL YOU CAN EAT menu. Terrible experience. Just so you know.

Room Tip: The Higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jm r
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on the TripAdvisor following your stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto. We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the location and we have noted your suggestions about the heating system in the building. Our maintenance team is taking care of all the issues as and when they arise.We had recently commissioned a new heating system and are in the process of fine tuning .
We apologize for your negative experience in the Masa Restaurant and we have discussed your experience with the owner of Masa Restaurant to prevent negative experiences by the hotel guests. Once again, we thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us a chance to improve our services.
We hope you will continue to visit Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto for your future accommodation needs.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Hotel Downtown

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very well located. The hotel is located in typically one of the nicest areas of Toronto. The area is classified as the shopping district of Toronto and the hotel is in very close walking distance to great restaurants, bars and the metro (subway).

The rooms of this hotel are extremely large and very well maintained. I was actually shocked upon arrival of how big the rooms actually were. For the price we paid ($270 CAD inclusive of tax) for four nights, in this location I believe was extremely reasonable.

I had a small incident where I actually left my phone at the hotel after leaving for the United States. The hotel, knowing of this where extremely helpful and volunteered to ship the phone off to me at no extra cost.

I am extremely grateful of their extra efforts.

I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely return.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lucachizz

Dear LucaChizz,

Thank you for sharing your comments on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at our Hotel.We are glad to know that you were happy and satisfied with the services and the accommodations during your visit to Toronto.
Thank you, once again for recommending Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto to the travelling public.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I liked this hotel a lot. It's a quick walk from the Bloor-Yonge train station and right across the street from a Starbucks. The WIFI is free and fairly reliable. There's a restaurant on the ground floor, although I didn't eat there.

Room Tip: The upper floors are pretty quiet. My room faced Yonge Street (811) and there was very little noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank professordoctormom

Dear Professordoctormom,

Thank you for sharing your comments on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.
We are glad that you were very satisfied and happy about the convenient location of the hotel and peaceful comfortable accommodation.
We will love to welcome you again on your next visit to Toronto.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

The most important item of note about this hotel: It is currently being renovated. Most of what I saw under construction was in the lobby, and it wasn't much, but it's obvious the rooms are in need of a refresh as well. The wallpaper was peeling a bit, and the layout of the room was awkward- like it had been collected together over a number of years and just left. Weird. Also, the bathroom, though it was functional, was really tiny.

Even aside from the renos, if you're the type of person that can't stand noise, this is not the hotel for you. I could hear pretty much everything that was going on in the rooms around me. Mostly, it was a group prepping for a big business presentation (they weren't even loud- and that's how clearly I could hear them). I don't even think earplugs would have helped, if you're a light sleeper or even just want quiet during the day.

Also of note: the hotel has none of the fitness/fun amenities in-house like a gym/pool/sauna and I don't know if room service is an option. The hotel staff were OK, but I saw very little of them, and checking in/out was a bit more of a hassle than it should have been. But, again, if you're not looking for extras or a really good rate for a great location, then it's all good.

And the location was what I needed and it is truly great- adjacent to public transit and the uptown PATH. There's a restaurant in the hotel that offers three meals a day, plus coffee shops, a movie theatre, a drug store and more restaurants and shops only minutes away.

The convenience far outweighed the issues for me, but there's definitely lots to consider here, even if you're looking for a basic hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank DetailsDetails

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting and sharing your comments on TripAdvisor following your stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto. Being a downtown location, sometimes it is possible we have younger guests who are usually louder than the senior folks at the hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience you may have endured due to the noise. In the future, should you face such a situation, simply call the Front desk and we will relocate you to a quieter floor, thus allowing you to enjoy a good night's sleep.
We hope this lone incident should not stop you from using our services again. We will be very happy to host your stay again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

My partner and I just spent 4 nights in Toronto at the Comfort hotel. We got a great deal online for the standard of hotel and location. We were in a twin room with 2 double beds (by choice following a bad extra small bed in the days prior at a different hotel!) in a massive room. The bathroom is small and basic, the furniture a little dated but overall a very comfortable stay. After coming from Europe where the rooms were tiny, this was a nice change! The breakfast is basic, with just bread and croissants with juice/coffee. If you are staying more than a couple of days you might want to upgrade one time like we did for the American breakfast. I think it was around $5.65 + tax each. You still have access to all the toast/croissants you want. Again, like other reviewers say, the soundproofing is pretty poor and Saturday night we had some loud people in hall, but it was fine the other nights (Wed-Fri). Overall a comfortable stay, great location and friendly staff. Recommend if you can get a good deal! We paid about $75/$80 including tax and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear The Fabsabs,

Thank you for reviewing and posting your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown.We are happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay and also liked the generous size of our rooms.
Comfort Hotel does not serve complimentary breakfast ,however, breakfast service is available at the onsite restaurant which is owned and operated by a third party.Your travel agent has sold you a room and breakfast package that offered basic continental breakfast.Our friendly front desk staff recommends to upgrade the breakfast to full American breakfast at a nominal cost.We are glad you enjoyed the upgraded breakfast.
Thank you once again and we are looking forward to welcome you.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've spent 2 nights at the hotel during Thanksgiving holidays. The hotel is located in a good position within Toronto. The price we got was really good respect to other competitors around, and we booked 2 days before our check in. The hotel has a private parking for 21$+taxes per day. The rooms are nice and really clean - bathroom is a little small but ok. The hotel has a central heating, you can just open/close the windows or turn on/off a small electrical climate unit that wasn't working properly in my room (I was cold and turning the heating on was working only for the first 2 minutes). The first night there were people shouting outside our door and making jokes to each other starting 2.00 AM in the morning; probably some stupid guest 'enjoying' their week end in Toronto. I called the reception twice in order to make them stop, but the noise/talk/knocking didn't end until 5.00 AM. They checked out the next day and the night went good. There was no refrigerator in my room.

Room Tip: The room with double queen beds are really good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tommaso D
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Tommaso D,
Thank you for sharing your comments on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.We are happy to know that you were satisfied with the price point and the cleanliness of your accommodation. However , we are sorry to hear that you had some loud and incosiderate guests on your floor who took longer than normal time to settle down .Please accept our apology for the inconvenience.
We hope you will continue to use our hotel in your future visits.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Spent a Saturday night here as we went to a concert at Massey Hall. Got a really good deal for a city center hotel. I was worried that a $82 a night room downtown would not be very good but I was wrong. This is a perfectly fine hotel. Our room on the 7th floor was clean and tidy - maybe just slightly dated, but nothing at all to spoil our stay. The staff were polite and helpful. We had breakfast included in our rate - it was just a toast, bagels, croissants buffet served in the restaurant attached to the hotel, but for the price it served our needs. The location of this hotel is perfect for exploring Toronto and I would certainly recommend it if you're looking for somewhere at the cheaper end of the scale.
A word of advice. If you need to park near the hotel consider your options - We parked from approx 2.30pm until 10am the following day and we were told it would be cheaper to park in the multi-level parking lot across the street rather than park at the hotel, when in actual fact it would have been cheaper for us to park at the hotel's underground lot ($21 v $30).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Maccafru2003,
Thank you for writing your comments on TripAdvisor.We are happy to know that you were satisfied and happy with the Price point ,location,your accommodation and the services provided by Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.
We look forward to welcoming you again next time around when you are visiting Toronto.