“Not very kind crew and bad breakfast”

Comfort Hotel Downtown
Ranked #77 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Bologna, Italy
“Not very kind crew and bad breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We really enjoyed Toronto, I love Canada with all my heart, but I will never come back in this hotel. There are three main problems with it:
1- The breakfast. Obscene. Steal bread, chemical orange juice and watered-down coffee. I love american coffee, but this one was really watered. And there is NOTHING to eat, but some bad bread and some carton croissant, if you go there early enough. They should offer this breakfast for free, even if I would not accept it anyway.
2- Wi-fi with a lot of restrictions, be careful if you have to upload big files, like I had to do. I had a lot of problems at work for this.
3- A crew member spoke me really unkindly when she saw that I was still trying to reorganize my luggages in the room, I was alone and with a lot of baggages, some minutes after the check out deadline. She entered the room and intimated me to go away, she was really throwing me out.
When I said her goodbye, she neither watched me nor answered.
I hate this kind of behaviour.

Moreover, I asked for a double bedroom with a kingsize and they gave me a double bed with two bed room. I had to sleep separated from my boyfriend!

Anyway Toronto is a great great city and I really enjoyed my trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ababajahni
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and posting your comments on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.

Please accept our apologies for the incoveniences during your stay with us. Since then we have discussed your comments with the Restaurant owner , the Executive Housekeeper to ensure these things do not reoccur in the future.
Thank you, once again for commenting on our shortcomings and inspire us to improve our services.We hope you will continue to use our hotel for your future accomodation needs.
Satish Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

The best: Its location. Inexpensive considering it's downtown. Subway just around the corner, surrounded by shops, restaurants, bars etc etc Perfect for a short vacation. Nice staff. Breakfast could be better: just stale bread and croissants, literally, nothing else. I'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BubuE
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on the TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.We are happy to know that you were satisfied and impressed with the downtown location of the Hotel.We have discussed your comments on breakfast choices with the Restaurant owner and he has assured to improve the Braekfast menu with immediate effect.Please check us out again in the near future.
Thank you once again for patronizing us.We hope you will continue to use Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto for your future accomodation needs.
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hotel comfortable and spacious rooms. John on reception very helpful with any queries we had and getting us cabs. Breakfast was meant to be continental, but toast or croissants were the only choice along with orange juice, tea or coffee. It would have been better with yoghurts and fresh fruit or even cereal. As it was only a short stay it did'nt really bother us but it would have meant eating out if we had stayed longer. Location was good, close to the main Yonge Street. Free use of Internet and free tae and coffee in Reception.
Overall an ok place to rest our weary heads. Oh and really comfy beds.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor and you could possibly get a view of the CN Tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marcia1956
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on the TripAdvisor following your stay at Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.I appreciate your comments about our Front Desk employee , spacious rooms and convenient downtown location.We have also shared your comments with the Restaurant owner to improve the Breakfast menu choices with immediate effect.Kindly check us out during your next visit to Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.
Once again we thank you for patronising Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto.

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

I wasn't so keen on staying in this hotel because of the mixed reviews I read about it but it was a busy season in Toronto and all hotels within my budget were fully-booked.

The hotel's location is the only positive thing about it. It is old and worn-out a little but this is not my main problem. The towels, blankets, pillows etc. did not feel so clean. I'm glad I usually carry my own face and bath towels for that!

The washroom was horrible. The bathtub smelled like pee for I don't know what reason!

Location is good though. It is only a few minutes walk from anywhere in the downtown: approx 10 min to College Park, 15-20 min to Eaton Center and 25-30 min to City Hall.

Shopper's Drug Mart right next to it is very convenient as well and Dollarama just across the street is always a nice thing to have around.

The only good thing hotel-related is the all-day free coffee down at the reception. The staff are helpful and are happy to help you with directions when needed. To be fair, they allowed me early check-in at 1pm and late check-out at 12 instead of 11 am.

I'll definitely stay in the downtown area but would probably pick another hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor has the vending and ice machines but I'm not sure if the noises from the street can be...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Dixieee
CHDT, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your comments on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the cleanliness and the condition of your accomodation this time.We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. Your comments have been shared with our Housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure that such things do not reoccur .

Thank you, once again to bring our short comings to our notice and help us improve our operations.We hope you will continue to use Comfort Hotel Downtown Toronto for your future accommodation needs.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for a concert we attended in Toronto on February 9th. This place is close to everything, the staff are very friendly, the hotel is clean, parking was cheap and seemed safe during our stay. The only negative about the property is that its a bit awkward to drive to. Other than that everything was amazing!

Room Tip: No fridge and microwave in the room I had with 2 doubles.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mike L
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I was attending a small business seminar in Toronto at this hotel and therefore booked a room for two nights.

It was ok. The price was very good. The staff were helpful. The service to our seminar room was very good. Everything was on time. There are numerous small restaurants in the area for lunch if you wish to get out for some fresh air.

The underground parking is Very Tight if you have a larger vehicle. I drive a small car so no problem but I did notice several scuff marks on the walls from previous drivers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Pamela233
Essex, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited Toronto on business and this hotel is right in the middle of it all - only a couple of minutes walk from the office. The room was very good - very quiet, spacious and warm. I appreciated the free wifi as I had a lot of work to get on with, and the coffee machine proved its worth.

The staff deserve a particular mention - I had a bit of a logistics problem and they could not have been more helpful - they gave me access to the printer and photocopier and generally saved the day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business