“far better than expected”

Comfort Hotel Downtown
Ranked #77 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
A TripAdvisor Member
“far better than expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2003

When I saw my room first I couldn't believe it. I never had so much space for only ca. 70 EUR per night. I stayed there three nights alone and then my family joined me for another three nights and still we had enough space. The hotel has been renovated early in 2003, so some of the older complaints might no longer be true. I found the hotel clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. And don't forget about the location: Right around the corner there are Bloor St. and Yonge St., two places you shouldn't miss when traveling to Toronto. The hotel, however, is quiet, so you can easily relax from days and nights in this fascinating city.

• Stayed July 2003, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2003

I stayed for four nights at the Comfort Hotel. The first night we were on the 10th (top) floor and they stuck us next to the elevator...my bed felt every move the elevator made. We requested another room which we were given rather easily. The "new" room was not much nice, but it was away from the elevator. The continental breakfast was a sad sight...a shot of OJ and a peice of toast was not what was expected. The best part of the hotel was that it was near the subway station. I will find another hotel for my next trip to Toronto

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2002

The pictures on the website are somewhat deceiving. When we arrived, we wondered if we had the right place..not the nicest location. The rooms were just OK. We had a room with 2 double beds, one mattress was bellied. The bathroom had signs of mildew aroung the sink & shower and the finish was chipped on the tub.
Another couple had a suite and that was nicer.
Parking provided for an extra fee.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member