“Great location, spacious apartment”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Great location, spacious apartment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2010

We stayed in an apartment here in July and had an amazing stay. Very good price for Toronto and close to everything. Even a Tim Horton's on the corner! Could not fault the rooms and we have a 2 year old and a 6 year old who had more than enough room to play.
Will definitely be coming back. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
Dear TorontoDragon,

Thank you for the kind review! I was pleased to read that you and your family had a pleasant time here. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Tim Ostrem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

We travelled to Toronto in July 2010 for a family wedding. We chose to stay in the city to give ourselves better flexibility for sightseeing etc.

We had a beautiful suite comprised of a decent sized living area (with sofas/tv for relaxing, and a large well equipped desk for work), a bedroom with large king size bed and light-blocking curtains, a small bathroom and toilet, and separate dressing room/sink area.

The only negative would be the bathroom/toilet - this was quite small and the bath size was not generous. However water pressure was good and we take showers anyway. The sink/dressing room was much more generously sized - plenty of room for two people to get ready.

Plus points - the jacuzzi bath on the top floor that no-one else was using when we went. Beautiful views stretching across the north and east of the city. Rather a nice way to enjoy a morning!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, October 2, 2010
Dear sarah_2010x,

I appreciated that you took the time to share your experience with other tripadvisor readers. I am glad that you were able to stay with us and hope the wedding you attended was a great celebration. I was pleased to read that we enhanced your stay and you were able to take in the great views from our spectacular 22nd floor Jacuzzi - it really is a well kept secret. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2010

We had a great time. We brought our teenagers along with us, and all parents know how difficult this can be :) We were close to the mall and movies. The room was spacious enough for all of us. The continental breakfast was great! We saved lots of money because the kids were very satisfied with the options during breakfast..

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Dear Ihende4,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while your family visited Toronto. I was thrilled that your kids enjoyed the property - allowing you to relax more and get the most out of your time with us! If you are planning a trip back to Toronto in the future, don't hesitate to let me know.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

I arrived in Toronto after 24 hours flying from Australia and was absolutely delighted from the time I stepped into reception. I should have known that I was going to be impressed as the email contact I had with the hotel several weeks before arrival was very responsive and informative. Check in was quick, my suite on the19th floor was spacious and well laid out, the dressing room/vanity that joins the bedroom and bathroom is to die for with about 6 feet of bench space, you can even pack your bag on it! Then there is the bed, dreamy is all I can say and I am pretty fussy about this stuff as I am a very light sleeper. This hotel is in a central but quiet location, the service is great in the hotel and the restaurant, and its all reasonably priced if you book ahead. I usually rely on room service when travelling alone but I actually ate 3 of the 4 nights in Porticos restaurant because the food was excellent and the service fantastic.
I found the Cambridge suites on tripadvisor but got a better rate by booking direct over the internet. Would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Dear MTHSydney,

I must say that I was absolutely delighted to read your review. We strive to ensure every guest feels at home and I was pleased that you were comfortable from the moment you arrived. I appreciated you taking the time to share your experience and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here with my parents and sister (a grown up family vacation! lol) on a recent trip to Canada. My mom booked all our trip and thought this would be a little out of the way and a much smaller hotel, I guess it was the 'suites'. But it wasn't, it is a huge 22 story modern hotel in sort of the financial district of Toronto.

Our room was great for 4 people, with a separate bedroom and vanity area. We seemed like the only 'family' staying here, at breakfast we saw tons of business men/women. Btw, the breakfast was amazing. Very simple but all very good (and included in the room).

This hotel is also within walking distance to the distillery district and st. lawrence market. You could walk down to the water if you wanted but it's a bit further. There are always cabs waiting outside if needed and it's only about a block to the Queen St subway station.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear jcmztravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I was thrilled to see that we accommodated your family well and that you enjoyed your time with us. We are a very popular hotel for business and pleasure - families travelling together especially appreciate the spaciousness of our suites. I home we have the opportunity to be your home away from home the next time you are in Toronto!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2010

Didn't know the area before we booked our reservation. Turned out to be a great location!
Also, courteous and attentive staff....front desk was extremely helpful, cordial, and friendly.
Nice rooms and amenities.
We used the available nearby health club (included for free)...fantastic!
Definitely worth a return trip!

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear smelvin,

It was great to hear that you enjoyed our facility, location and services. I am certainly very proud of our property and our team and am always glad to see that our efforts are appreciated. I was also pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary access to the Adelaide Club - it is one of downtown Toronto's premier athletic clubs and is a great way to enhance the usual hotel workout!

If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

This staff and atmosphere at the hotel was very professional. I was there for a conference and I left my luggage at the desk until the end of the conference on check out day. I stayed one night and I will definetly return. The hotel was clean and confortable. The meals were delicious. They had an excellent computer/business center room.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, September 18, 2010
Dear beanyf,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you had a relaxing stay in Toronto. Be sure to let me know if I can ever assist with a future trip to Toronto.