“Beautiful, modern and comfortable”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Stayed here with my parents and sister (a grown up family vacation! lol) on a recent trip to Canada. My mom booked all our trip and thought this would be a little out of the way and a much smaller hotel, I guess it was the 'suites'. But it wasn't, it is a huge 22 story modern hotel in sort of the financial district of Toronto.

Our room was great for 4 people, with a separate bedroom and vanity area. We seemed like the only 'family' staying here, at breakfast we saw tons of business men/women. Btw, the breakfast was amazing. Very simple but all very good (and included in the room).

This hotel is also within walking distance to the distillery district and st. lawrence market. You could walk down to the water if you wanted but it's a bit further. There are always cabs waiting outside if needed and it's only about a block to the Queen St subway station.

• Stayed: September 2010
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2010

Dear jcmztravel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I was thrilled to see that we accommodated your family well and that you enjoyed your time with us. We are a very popular hotel for business and pleasure - families travelling together especially appreciate the spaciousness of our suites. I home we have the opportunity to be your home away from home the next time you are in Toronto!

Reviewed September 19, 2010

Didn't know the area before we booked our reservation. Turned out to be a great location!
Also, courteous and attentive staff....front desk was extremely helpful, cordial, and friendly.
Nice rooms and amenities.
We used the available nearby health club (included for free)...fantastic!
Definitely worth a return trip!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear smelvin,

It was great to hear that you enjoyed our facility, location and services. I am certainly very proud of our property and our team and am always glad to see that our efforts are appreciated. I was also pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary access to the Adelaide Club - it is one of downtown Toronto's premier athletic clubs and is a great way to enhance the usual hotel workout!

If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

This staff and atmosphere at the hotel was very professional. I was there for a conference and I left my luggage at the desk until the end of the conference on check out day. I stayed one night and I will definetly return. The hotel was clean and confortable. The meals were delicious. They had an excellent computer/business center room.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2010

Dear beanyf,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you had a relaxing stay in Toronto. Be sure to let me know if I can ever assist with a future trip to Toronto.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I have always gotten good service from Cambridge Suites. I usually stay there when I go to Halifax so I thought I would give the one in Toronto a try. I found my stay here to be really relaxing and would definitely stay again if I got a chance. The location is top notch. It's steps from the Eaton Center and pretty much everything. The subway is pretty much just across the street. The front desk staff seemed very friendly and always greeted you with respect as if you were someone important. The complimentary breakfast is always nice since you don't have to go looking somewhere else especially when it's free. I was lucky enough to be staying here when there was an hour long event going on in the dining room and free drinks were served. It's not often I get to enjoy that. Overall I can't think of anything to complain about except that the channel guide on my room TV was a little messed up but I could usually get it to work or just use the other one. Minor details. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people I know. I would also recommend to book way in advance as with many places they might give you a good deal.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2010

Dear CCM_10,

Thank you for your kind review. I appreciate your continued loyalty to our properties in Halifax and here in Toronto; perhaps you will have a chance to experience our Sydney, Nova Scotia property one day! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to the next opportunity to be your host. My apologies for the problems with the television listings.

Reviewed September 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for a week while dashing off to venues spread around downtown Toronto to view films. It is centrally located within walking distance to most attractions and near public transportation. Best mode of transport were free bikes available for a 4 hour rental. Suite layout was very good with updated furnishings and a unobtrusive view east.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear davidrift,

Thank you for providing a review of our hotel following your recent stay during TIFF. (aren't we fortunate to be in a city with such fantastic events!) I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and were able to benefit from the recent launch of our suite ride program - by the way, 4 hours is merely a guideline - if the bikes are available, we are happy to extend the time whenever possible! If I can assist with future plans to visit Toronto, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and I visited Toronto to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We used the Trip Advisor reviews to choose Cambridge Suites. We announced on arriving that it was our anniversary and the staff offered us complimentary breakfasts for each of the three days we stayed there. The staff throughout was helpful and friendly. The rooms were more than adequate. The avalabilty of a small fridge, a microwave and utensils was great. We visited during the opening weekend of the toronto film festival and the hotel was around the corner from the Elgin Theater which screened some of the gala films. Very convenient. We could walk to the King street theater district, chinatown, the St.. Lawrence Market and Yorkville.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear HELRAM,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property with other tripadvisor readers. I was thrilled to read that you had a comfortable stay with us and we provided you with the necessary conveniences. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

We stayed in the Cambridge suites for 8 nights and I must admit it was one of the nicest hotels ive stayed in. We booked through expedia and got a good price, especially as it was a suite rather than a room, and is rated as the 3rd most popular hotel in toronto.

Staff were very friendly and helpful at check in, genuine too, rather than in-your-face overkill friendly!

The suite itself was quite spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel bar is also very comfortable and has a nice quiet atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff. Attended the managers reception for complimentary drinks and food on Wednesday evening, obviously nothing bad to say about free drink and food!

Location was perfect, connected to the PATH system and within walking distance of a lot of sites, such as the eaton centre right across the street, and the CN tower only approx 10-15 minutes away. Anything further can be reached by numerous public transport links near the hotel or from union station, about 5 minutes walk away.

Couldn't recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed: August 2010
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2010

Dear StephenCrowley,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other tripadvisor readers. We make a special effort to ensure we hire genuinely caring and friendly employees and I am always happy when I read that our efforts are appreciated. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of service with future travel plans.