“A winner”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 28, 2007

I reserved via Hotwire for a really good price (approx $100 cdn) for a very nice suite in the heart of downtown Toronto.

It had all the touches I like:
-A bright white duvet cover,
-separate bedroom (you won't hear anyone in the hallway after closing the door here),
-kitchenette with microwave, fridge, sink, plates and cutlery,
-quality Aveda toiletries,
-lots of great towels
-a complimentary continental breakfast (was just average though)
-friendly front desk and housekeeping staff

There were even special touches like turndown services with a free bottle of water.

The only things that weren't good about this hotel were the view (even on a higher floor, mine faced a couple of office buildings) and the room thermostat (which stayed at a reported 72 degrees regardless of any adjustments I made).

The management of this hotel appears to be doing everything right (and their TripAdvisor score proves it). You can't go wrong staying here - I was satisfied.

Stayed: March 2007
5  Thank Valdiri
There are newer reviews for Cambridge Suites Toronto

Reviewed March 27, 2007

I was impressed by the reviews on this hotel and booked one night stay on March 17, 2007. I called the hotel directly and was lucky to get a great deal - 140CAD for Deluxe King Suite including deluxe breakfast for two. It is really hard to add anything to what has been already posted here about this hotel. I agree with the previous positive reviews but I wanted to add that this is not a true 4 star hotel. I would assign it solid 3+ or 4- but you cannot compare this hotel with Intercontinental or Park Hyatt. It is a modest hotel with perfect service, clean and great for big families but the quality of their suites (bathroom , furniture, linen etc.) doesn't come close to four star.
It is a great deal for 140CAD but I wouldn't pay more than this for Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank AlbaToronto
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Just returned from a trip to Toronto to celebrate our daughters Sweet 16. From the moment we walked into the Cambridge Suite Hotel until the moment we left ,we had nothing but the friendliest, most welcoming and helpful staff I have ever met. The rooms were good size and the king size bed was VERY comfortable. They had 6 very big and fluffy pillows which made for a great pillow fight. The turn down service with the complimentary water and chocolate was a great bonus. The staff was quick to help us find our way around and helped us with last minute dinner arrangements. Check in and out was very easy . There was a large wedding going on but you would never know it as noise did not travel through the walls or floors. The continental breakfast was constantly being refreshed by a very attentive staff so there was always a good assortment.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I strongly recommend the Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
8  Thank Bastet07
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I stayed at the Cambridge Suites for two nights and had a wonderful experience. I booked a package through Expedia and chose a "Deluxe Suite". It was spacious, clean and comfortable. The room had a small bar with a sink and microwave as well as a coffeemaker, dishes and glasses. The hotel provides complimentary coffee and tea supplies as well as a small package of chocolate chip cookies and a package of microwave popcorn daily.

The room had a good sized living area with a desk/chair, a sofa and armchair and a small TV. The separate bedroom had a very comfortable king sized bed with four large, comfortable pillows. There was a slightly larger TV in the bedroom and a small desk area with a lamp.

The bathroom was divided into a large dressing area with a sink and a huge mirror. The bathtub and toilet were in a separate area. All was clean and well maintained.

All of the staff that I encountered were courteous. The hotel provides a basic continental breakfast and they also give you a tray if you want to take things back to your room. There is a restaurant on the premises that provides room service, but I didn't try it.

As far as location, you don't get much more central than this hotel. The Eaton Centre is just a couple blocks away and so is the subway. All of the theatres are close by. The best thing is that in the building across the courtyard from the hotel is the Toronto PATH. This is an underground walkway that connects many downtown buildings, shopping malls and subway stations so you can move around easily in even the worst weather. The PATH is very easy to navigate, very clean and felt very safe.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank islandgirlcm
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Found Cambridge Suites online and because of excellent reviews, decided to stay there. We arrived 15 minutes before our dinner reservations at Ruth's Chris Steak house (would highly recommend as well!) and the reception staff was very friendly, quick to check us in and helpful in getting us to the restaurant on time. A free shuttle was called for us immediately and we made our reservation with time to spare. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. We enjoyed the complimentary snacks in the room and the bottled water and chocolates delivered to us in the evening. These are just a few of the nice touches that this hotel has to offer. We paid $149 CDN and we felt that that was excellent value for our money as we have paid much more money for hotels not nearly as nice and clean as this one.

6  Thank FourOverFiveOntario
Reviewed January 31, 2007

I believe this is an all-suite hotel, and we were in one of the smaller suites. It was absolutely beautiful. The amenities were plentiful and happily replenished as often as we requested, as well as on their regular daily routine. The staff was consistently friendly, warm, and helpful.

As this was just before Christmas the hotel was decorated throughout all public areas, and the lobby was a joy to pass through, with an elegantly-decorated tree.

The location could not have been better, both for business and pleasure. We were short walking distance from where we were doing business, as well as being very close to the Eaton Centre.

The bar staff went above and beyond in hospitality. I wish I had written this immediately after the trip when my memory was clearer, as there was one member of the bar staff, a woman whose name I can't now recall, who made me feel as if I was simultaneously their best customer and her best friend.

Although not a five-star hotel, I truly believe this was one of our very best hotel experiences - and we have had many hotel experiences due to business travel.

I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Cambridge Suites. I hope to have the opportunity to stay here again myself in the future.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
5  Thank Penguins_Pet_Pumpkin
Reviewed January 22, 2007

We stayed here from December 29th to Jan 5th and we found the Cambridge Suites to be a first class place to stay if you are visting Toronto. The Suites themselves are clean and spacious to a European eye and the bed was one of the most comfortable that we had slept in and it was huge!

Cambridge Suites are located right near the main shopping area and a shortish walk to the harbourfront. We only took transit twice during our stay and the rest of the time we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go.

The staff couldn't have been nicer and were incredibly helpful particularly in getting us a better rate for our hire car when we travelled out of town. Also when we discovered that we couldn't collapse the ironing board after use they were on to it straight away.

We stayed at the Suites over New Year and we found out that unlike a lot of hotel the Suites do not book out rooms for single nights at times like New Year to make sure that they are not used for noisy parties. We thought that this was very considerate of other guests.

WeI would thoroughly recommend the Suites and will be staying there the next time we are in Toronto.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple