“Great location, value, service”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed December 16, 2006

I have stayed here on business and would definitely return: The location is great. The suites are spacious and cost the same or less than places of similar quality that are much smaller. The service really did stand out (which is unusual these days). I was particular impressed by the speed of check in--I think it literally took 20 seconds.

• Stayed: November 2006
2  Thank mark_ottawa
There are newer reviews for Cambridge Suites Toronto

Reviewed December 5, 2006

We booked three rooms at this hotel for the weekend of Nov. 17th 2006. All three couples were amazed at their rooms,spacious, clean,and a few extra touches. This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but do not let this deter you. It is a real gem in downtown Toronto. The price was right but the biggest difference from other downtown hotels is the freindliness of their staff. These people can not do enough for you. I have stayed at other downtown hotels and will most definitly be coming back again to the Cambridge suites.

Stayed: November 2006
9  Thank roof
Reviewed November 13, 2006

Was going to book the hotel through our affiliated 'corporate' rate, but called directly and got an awesome deal on a short term special. Great start!

Some mixed up person took my bag off Skycheck at the airport, so I lost my wallet, clothes, etc. I had meetings that day, but when I finally got to the hotel around 3, they let me check in without a credit card (as it was lost). They were really nice to a person with no ID, no credit card, etc.

I get in my room & my bag is there, and an envelope with my replacement credit card. The concierge had it delivered up there earlier in the day. It's all about service!

The rooms are huge. They really are suites. Just beautiful. A queen bed with an ensuite / change area. A sofa & chair in the sitting room / TV room. 2 TV's in the room. Room was very clean, hallways the same. And service was impeccable.

The breakfast that was included was pretty good. Not bad for 'free'.

The location is right where you want to be - in the heart of the City. Literally a 2 minute walk to the Eaton's Centre and all that shopping. I've stayed at a number of hotels in Toronto, and will definitely return to this one.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank MSkinner
Reviewed November 7, 2006

We enjoyed our stay at the Cambridge very much and would stay there again. Our room was clean, and large for the price we paid, about $150/night for a suite for 4 nights.
The location is prime and we walked to most of the functions we were there to attend.
One night we needed a taxi to go only about 5 blocks north up Younge St., to a wedding function at the Delta Chelsea. There was only one taxi out front and he wasn't interested in taking us there, and told us to walk because he said the traffic was slow and congested, and it would be too expensive for a short ride, etc... My wife had high heels and it was cold so we started walking towards Young (which is right there on the corner) and looked for another cab. A woman on the sidewalk who watched the incident approached us and said she worked for Cambridge Suites (PR I think, and she was off work waiting for her ride), and that the taxi could not refuse us just because it was a short haul as they prefer to wait for longer fares. She walked up to him and told him, "you're taking them to the Delta", and he got in his car like a scolded child and drove us up Young to the Delta in a couple minutes at high speed(there was no traffic, he lied), and the fare was under $5, and it starts at $3. I gave him a $10 to keep him happy!!
I was so impressed with her intervention that I thought it was worth a mention here... that was what I call excellent service, above and beyond what I would ever expect.
I don't know her name, but I thank her for the help!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
14  Thank wonputt
Reviewed October 2, 2006

When I was looking for a place to stay after my engagement, there were soo many option and it was driving me crazy. After comparing room size and price, Cambridge seemed the best buy. I stuck Gold!

When you drive by the place, it looks like a modest hotel. We arrived late so we did not have valet service. Self parking was not too bad. We had to walk a bit, but not too much. When we got in, we thought we were in the wrong place. The exterior fools you. Inside the lobby looked wonderful. The staff was very helpful and gave us everything we needed right away. When we got inside we were blown away. The place was huge. The bed area alone was bigger than most hotels we've been to. The living room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was also very large. The bed was incredibly comfy. Room service was friendly and considerate. I had no problems at all. I loved the place and would definetly come again...

I go crazy looking for the perfect hotel room, and this is the best thing I have seen so far. The only thing the lack is a hot tub ( but I hear the really fancy rooms have one). If you have the money, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
11  Thank DrPsyd
Reviewed September 13, 2006

The Cambridge Suites sits in a perfect location in central Toronto. You are seconds from the huge Eaton Centre shopping complex and Queen Metro station, so getting around is simple.

To find the hotel from Pearson Airport (and without too much luggage) try the Airport Express bus, get off at Union Station and it's an 8 minute walk, or take the Metro to Queen station (2 stops).

As per other reviews this hotel does not stand tall and proud, like the King Suites for example, but is more subtle and understated. However, aside from the small and dim lobby I found the suites to be excellent. We were on the 21st floor with a Northeast corner room (2103). This suite was divided into three areas; living room, bedroom, bathroom. Living area had kitchenette, PS2, DVD player, sofa, minibar and workstation. Bedroom was smaller, but with larger TV, bathrobes and huge all-round windows. The Bathroom had a bathtub & shower, hair dryer and toiletries. Nice touches included complimentary coffee/tea, popcorn & cookies, along with bottled water & chocolates during the evening turndown service.

On the 22nd floor is a fitness centre, which is small but clean and functional, with a shower/changing room, small selection of machines & weights, TV & magazines, sauna and whirlpool.

Continental breakfast was included free on the 2nd floor, but its hours during weekdays is only 7-9am, somewhat restrictive. But the option of bringing a tray from your room and taking it back to your suite to eat is great.

In my opinion the hotel represents excellent value for money, as you can easily spend as much or more for a much smaller room with less facilities. Top marks Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
21  Thank chris036
Reviewed September 9, 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend. Overall, the hotel was very nice. The suite was spacious, and the concierge was helpful in getting us tickets for the theater. The location was great in its proximity to much of what we wanted to do. Our only complaints really are that we had higher expectations for the attractiveness of the room and lobby and the quality of the linens.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple