“Not bad, but definately not 4*” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambridge Suites Toronto

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
UK
“Not bad, but definately not 4*”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2006

I always make sure i spend a couple of hours checking out reviews before i book anywhere...the Cambridge Suites being no exception!

Reviews here and Expedia all overly praise the CS in my opinion,

Its a nice place, superb location but the accommodation and service is just average....nothing like 4*.

I travel to various places about a dozen times a year and would rate this as a reasonable 3*...no frills or anything out of the ordinary TBH.

The service was adequate if not a bit clueless if you asked a question past " how much is my bill ".

Not sure if its the Canadian way but you'd wait 10 minutes to get served at the empty bar which i thought was rather odd!!

Breakfast is a miss, the room service isn’t worth the ordering as its scant and not really edible...not sure what its like downstairs as we usually got up and out early so just ate on the run...

Location is as good as it gets though...at the bottom of Yonge, walking distance to anywhere really!

Its cheap so you cant complain but don’t go expecting the earth!

Stayed February 2006
5 Thank The_Changing_Man

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2006

It would be pretty hard to find any faults with this hotel, it was amazing! I'm 25 and decided to take my girlfriend to toronto to show her where I came from. she loved it and I have to say that the hotel helped make the holiday even sweeter! We went in mid May '05, it was pretty sunny which was a bonus and the hotel staff left little weather cards with our breakfast each day, letting us know what weather was in store for us. Our room was really spacious and looked out onto some beautiful sky scrapers (something you just don't see in Liverpool!). We had a mid sized living room with a couch and a cofortable chair, a nice breakfast table and a large TV. across the room was a very expensive looking desk wich we used, not for the intended purpose though! A little kitchenette with a microwave, sink, firdge, minibar and cutlery aswel, We only went for 5 days so we ate out every night. Our bedroom, which was joined both to the living room by sliding doors and a dressing room by a normal door was quite basic but pretty big, our bed was so, so big and comfortable though, so that made up for anything the room was lacking in character. The dressing room was joined to the kitchen end of the living room but was quite small, but hey, at least there's a dressing room! The bathroom was a nice size and it was nice to have the dressing room for my girlfriend to do her hair and make-up while I got showered. The hotel had a gym on the 22nd (top) floor, which had a jacuzzi and various cardio machines and fixed weights, the views from the gym, and especially the jacuzzi where great. All in all the hotel was great, we loved it and at the price I got it for I'd have been mad to have gone anywhere else, when we go back to Toronto we're definately going to stay in the Cambridge Suites Hotel, we both absolutely loved it.

• Stayed May 2005
12 Thank Deano1981
Niagara area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2006

What a great spot for a restful get-away!We've just returned from a midweek escape to Toronto and the first time to the Cambridge Suites. The location is perfect for shopping,the theatre and sporting events. We often are in T.O. and cab everywhere....but this time we walked Everywhere (partially thanks to this unusually fanatastic mild winter we're having!!)There is plenty of room in the suite which we really would have appreciated when our kids were little but truly enjoyed on our own...the kids are away at university. Very pleasant stay!

• Stayed February 2006
12 Thank RDTravelMom
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2006

What a fabulous hotel! I loved it, there is not one thing that I can even think of to try and complain about. Many friends were staying in hotels in the area close to Massey Hall. This one by far had the best room size, and the staff was wonderful. Mints and a turndown every night, breakfast in the morning. Best hotel I have stayed in.

Stayed May 2005
9 Thank lightfootfan
Preston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2005

I have just returned from a 6-night stay at the Cambrdige Suites Hotel with my boyfriend. And after reading some excellent reviews about it we were really looking forward to our stay. However I was disappointed to find it didn't live up to our modest expectations.

On our arrival staff were friendly and check in went without a hitch.

The room was very big and comfortable with a massive king sized bed as promised but I was loathed to find the shower doors coated in mould which made the whole bathing situation somewhat off-putting. Luckily there was a good sized bath aswell. There were two TVs - one in the bedroom and one on the lounge - both of which changed colour to red and green whilst we were watching.Not very good after we'd paid $13 for an in-house movie! We never found out what it was but our room was also very noisy. We put up with loud bangs in the early hours of the morning as though we were next to some large metal factory - which we weren't.
I discovered the free popcorn which is promised - hidden in a smmall basket hidden behind the tea bags and one packet of free cookies. It was DIY style pop in the bag which you had to put in the microwave. Beware of the smell it makes. When I did it it absolutely stank the room out for hours.

Breakfast was OK but the first two mornings we went it was very busy and with limited seating we were told we could take breakfast back to our room on a tray. Not what we had in mind and luckily some seats became available. On the next to last morning we decided to have a bit of a lie-in and didn't go to breakfast until about 8.45ish (finishes at 9am). Food was in very short supply - no milk left, only two bits of bread and 1 bagel in the basket. Despite there being numerous staff on duty who made regular checks they never topped up any of the supplies. Didn't give off a good impression. This said, there was normally ample food to choose from - cereals, fruit, yoghurts, muffins, bagels and toast and doughnuts.

Good location and close to major shops and restaurants.

All in all a very average hotel. Definitely not what it lives up to on its own website and certainly not 5*. Would definitely visit Toronto again but not in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank sonjaandrob
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2005

I have just returned from a great four night stay at the Cambridge Suites Hotel. It really is an excellent hotel in every way. The suites are so comfortable and I think the hotel has thought of everything. My 3 friends and I did not want to leave. If you want a smart, comfortable hotel with wonderful friendly staff then stay here.

When visiting Toronto I would highly recommend the set lunch at the CN Tower. You need to book but the experience is fantastic especially if you are lucky enough to get a clear day. We also booked a tour to Niagara Falls with Toronto Tours. It was one of the most expensive but it was worth every penny. Our guide was brilliant and we had a full day, culminating in a final view of the Falls by night (totally unexpected but what a bonus!)

Toronto is a great place, lovely people and wonderful shops. I would love to go back.

• Stayed December 2005
9 Thank Gemima
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2005

Just spent 4 nights at the Cambridge Suites in Toronto. Very good location--close to all downtown stores and attractions Hotel itself was very nice with very comfortable rooms. Breakfast was adequate. Hotel bar was adequate also. I would highly recommend this hotel to business and family travellers.

10 Thank wonrat