This hotel proudly advertises itself as a Four Diamond property and has great ratings on tripadvisor, but i fail to see why.
1. The carpets in the room and in the hallway were worn and stained.
2. Maintenance on the room is bad - there was some sort of hole in the door to the bedroom that was badly patched and painted over with a different paint. Lamps were missing light bulbs. Bathtub didn't drain properly.
3. Bathroom is old and nasty.
4. Even though there was a minibar information sheet in the room, you open the door marked "minibar" and there was nothing there. Just plumbing fixtures.
5. Stains on the bedding.
6. After we checked in the maid burst in without announcing herself because she "forgot something."
7. Took about 15 minutes to get our bags from the baggage room because the front desk staff couldn't be bothered to do it themselves - they had to wait for their one bellman to become available.
8. Internet is slow and unreliable because its on a completely unsecured connection that anyone in the surrounding area can use.
The location is great and the hotel is a good price for Toronto. But it's certainly not four diamond by any standard and not worthy of the 4 1/2 rating it gets on tripadvisor. If you're on a budget stay here - if you want upscale stay somewhere else.More
- Free Wifi
- Room service