Cambridge Suites Toronto
$232
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
1,907 results
All reviewseaton centreportico restaurantliving roomfrench doorssunset grilldressing areawet bartop flooryonge streetdeluxe suitepull out couchmini barlarge bathroomfront desk staffsitting areacn towerexercise room
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel location in Toronto a few weekends ago. When my group and I arrived at the hotel just slightly after 3:00 pm, we were informed that our room was not yet ready. This was not an issue as our other friends were able to check into their room and so we were able to wait with them while our room was finished being prepared. Once we were all settled, we made our way out to go see a concert that we had purchased tickets for that evening. Following our return to the hotel, we were confronted with a security guard who less than politely demanded that we show our hotel room cards and wait at the door while he reviewed the names that each room was registered under. As an individual who has travelled to several parts of the world and stayed at numerous hotels, I have never been made to feel more uncomfortable in an environment that’s sole duty is to make its guests feel at home. We were forced to sit at the side of the lobby as though we were being reprimanded for doing something wrong, when in fact we were just exhausted and wanting to go to sleep. We were then told that because only 3 names were assigned to our room (we were informed by security that we could have had a limit of four, however because four people were not named initially they could not add another person), we had to purchase an additional room. We were then advised that if we received one noise complaint we would be immediately evicted. Imagine our surprise when we arrived to our floor only to hear our neighbours blasting music after midnight, yet I doubt that they were ever presented with the same threat that we received. All in all, I can respect taking security measures to protect the safety of your guests. However, after staying in multiple hotels in Toronto, I can honestly say that none of them have displayed such a level of disrespect. Even during a stay at the Fairmont Royal York, where her majesty herself stayed, I was not confronted by a security guard who interrogated me to the point where I felt like a criminal. The purpose of us booking your hotel was to be treated with hospitality not hostility. My friends and I had actually scheduled a booking with your hotel at the end of June prior to this visit, however it appears that now we will have to make other arrangements. I am also unimpressed that several days after I sent an email to hotel management about our experience no one has followed up.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ashley A
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hello Ashley A,
Thanks for your feedback about Cambridge Suites Toronto.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience as we value the safety and security of all our hotel guests.
This information is valuable to us so we may improve our personalized service.
Sincere regards to you.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed at the Cambridge from 26th May for four nights. They are as the title says, suites and very reasonably priced. The location of the hotel is very central. Right on the corner of Richmond and Yonge Street. Everything was within walking distance though some a good stroll such as the Harbour and the CN Tower. Check in was fast and friendly. We had a car so used their car park. We thought it was expensive at first but after walking around for a couple of days we realised how reasonable it was in comparison to the other car parks in the city. The rooms consisted of, lounge area with TV, desk, internet connection, fridge/mini bar, coffee maker, settee and two armchairs, there are double doors which you can open right up or keep closed leading to bedroom which also had TV, king bed arm chair, wardrobe (which contained, ironing board, iron and large safe), chest of drawers and door leading to bathroom. There was another door leading into bathroom from the hall as well. The bathroom had a shower over the bath (which I personally don't like but my husband is fine with it), sink and loo. The hair dryer was not fixed to wall so could be used anywhere in the suite. The rooms were of a good size and big enough for two. They were lovely and bright due to the floor to ceiling windows which also ran from wall to wall. You were in the middle of buildings so the net curtains were a must to allow you some privacy during daylight hours and have the heavy curtains open.

The bed was too hard for me and I did not sleep too well on the first two nights. Pillows were fine. We did not have a room with free breakfast but found a lovely grill about two minutes away which did a wonderful breakfast. The free wifi worked very well indeed with no Issues. One thing I was impressed with was how quiet the hotel was, the sound didn't seem to spill over into all areas of the hotel. Yes you heard doors banging sometimes, but once in the bedroom, you were isolated from all sound. Wonderful.

We also spent time in the bar which was friendly and relaxing and ate one night in the hotel, which was not too expensive and the food was excellent. The staff in both areas were very friendly and helpful.

There was a gym and jacuzzi on 22nd floor. We made use of the jacuzzi which we had to ourself on all occasions. Nice way to wind down after our busy foot aching day! There is ice available on two floors as well, one of which was 22nd floor in the gym.

Check out was fast and simple. You have the option to check out fast track via your TV where you can view your bill as well though they do pop a bill under your door on your day of check out as well.

My only complaint about this hotel is that we did not find it sooner. We have stayed many times in Toronto as we have family there and I wish we had found it on previous trips. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Hello Y705,
Thanks so much for your detailed and thorough review about your stay at Cambridge Suites Toronto.
Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com so I may add a note on your hotel profile to add a pillow topper as the mattress is too firm to your liking.
We look forward to your next stay with us.
It's never too late and I'm glad that you found us!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great location & a very comfortable hotel. Suites are large with a very large bed in its own room . Good dressing area and small kitchen area was useful for drinks. Top floor gym and jacuzzi was great for early morning visits.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janet N
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Hello Janet N,
Thanks for sharing your feedback on your stay at Cambridge Suites Toronto.
We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed at the Cambridge Suites for a weekend. Check in was fast and easy. Rooms are a bit dated, but the newer furnishings suited it a little well. Space is good for families or group of friends. Great location, near TTC and pretty much anything downtown. Although, like most 'good' things, there are some drawbacks. Most of the rooms are near the elevators, which at times are rather annoying. The outside windows of the place were disgusting, and in need of a desperate washing.

But there is something at this hotel that I have never seen before, (and I stay in the area a lot) an actual 'security checkpoint' type thing if you're coming late at night. There was a mix up in the number of people staying the night caused a problem for us. Although it keeps a good sense of security, it's kind of a nuisance for people who just want to sleep. Once you receive your bill, keep an eye out for some unknown fees. Issue was resolved, but shouldn't have to happen in the first place.

In the end, I'd recommend this place to anyone who would rather stay downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ferrari2197
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Hello ferrari2197,
We appreciate your constructive feedback on Cambridge Suites Toronto.
I'm happy that the discrepancy was resolved on your bill.
Thank you for the recommendation!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Although I live in Toronto, I stayed here while downtown at a conference. Not sure of price of room (I assume they are all suites) but I was pleasantly surprised at the nice layout of the room. I didn't spend much time in the room, spent an hour or so working at the desk after my day and prior to heading out for the evening. Lots of counter space in the dressing area and the ability to close off bedroom from sitting area. Easy walking distance to the financial district, Eaton Centre, shops and restaurants and subway. Shower was somewhat anemic. Ideal for a night or two, but not luxurious enough for a longer stay. Didn't eat at hotel or have a drink - there are lots of fantastic restaurants and bars within several blocks. Desk clerks a little confused and didn't see a concierge, so probably best for the independent traveller. And yes, it is a little noisy as you are in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hello tmcdee,
Your feedback is very important to us.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy the Cambridge Suites Toronto experience during such a short amount of time.
We look forward to welcoming you again on your next stay. Thank you!