Cambridge Suites Toronto
$531
$119
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
$211
$89
$1,139
TripAdvisor
1,897 results
All reviewseaton centreportico restaurantliving roomfrench doorssunset grilldressing areawet bartop flooryonge streetdeluxe suitepull out couchmini barlarge bathroomfront desk staffsitting areacn towerexercise room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and our friend went on a road trip to Toronto, Canada for Alexisonfire's last few shows back in December 2012. We stayed for 3 nights at Cambridge Suites Hotel. We chose the Cambridge Suites Hotel because of the good reviews on here, and we're glad we did. For starters, we arrived pretty early, but were able to check in early. Staff was friendly, and check in was speedy. Then we made our way to the room and it looked to be recently updated. I consider my cleanliness standards very high, and this place was super clean! That alone made me really happy. The beds were made daily, and towels were replaced. The location was great - really close to shops, restaurants, and the Eaton Centre. Given the great service, spotless rooms, and convenient location, I would definitely recommend this place! If I ever make it back to the Toronto area again, I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer M
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you Jennifer M for your kind words about your hotel stay! We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute literally 2 days before as we were booked at the courtyard marriot down the street but the reveiws leading up to our stay were horrible and mentioned bugs etc.! So thankfully I canceled and found this little gem of a hotel.

Stayed for 4 nights in a cityscape 1 bedroom suite. Nice and clean rooms. Yes it is a little dated but the rooms were clean and spotless and everything was very comfortable. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Location: Steps away from Yonge street. Walking distance to Dundas and Yonge.
Parking was steep at $27/ night
Plenty of towels and bed was comfortable. AC unit worked well and was not noisy at all at night. Fridge with mini bar items but there was room to store your things as well. We were on the 21st floor out of 22 and actually had a view of some of the streets.

Breakfast was included in our rate but we didnt get a chance as with most hotels it is over by 9:30am which is too early for us to get down on vacation. I really wish hotels would serve breakfast until breakfast times are over at 11am ish. 9:30 is just way too early. So this upgrade was a waste of money for us.

Liked the seperate dressing room area outside the bath and toilet area. Stand up shower and a seperate tub was nice.
Spacious rooms with sofabed and dining table with 2 chairs as well as arm chairs in the room . Liked that the bedroom doors were not french doors but actual solid doors.
Would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the chance on us Zed26. The $27 daily parking fee is quite reasonable for downtown Toronto as this also includes in and out privileges! I'll also definitely pass on your suggestion for the summer breakfast hours. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here with family and a few babies in tow. Very nice hotel with large spacious rooms which was perfect for our party. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. There was some confusion with us getting a parking ticket, but the front counter staff sorted it out for us upon check out. Just make sure to give them your licence plate number at check in to avoid the hassle.

All in all, I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a better view of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Hi stewbomber, thanks for your recommendation and also for the reminder about your car licence plate required at check-in. The $80 parking tickets are real if not taken care of!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent Location !! - Located on Richmond, just off Yonge St - very close to The Bay, Eaton Centre, St Lawrence Market, downtown, etc... all well within walking distance.

Please note - as a rule of thumb, I do not discuss actual rates / charges / $ amounts in my reviews.

Staff were very courteous and helpful - check in / out was a pleasure.

Rooms / suites are very spacious and clean - a King bed in a separate room - nice bathroom and free WiFi also. Overall an "excellent value" - compared to other hotels in the downtown area - you can't go wrong staying here.

OK, breakfast - not free, a little expensive for a continental breakfast - but there is a breakfast restaurant across from The Bay ( 1 min away) where you can get a reasonably priced full breakfast - and a great coffee shop down the street.

I was there for business and vacation - would recommend for either. Always a cab or two out front. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are considering a hotel close to downtown Toronto - just book it - you will not be disappointed !!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SnowDodger

Hello SnowDodger! I love your username. May I join your club? I send my sincere appreciation for your insightful hotel review; awesome 'Room Tip". Thank you!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Staff at front desk very helpful with any questions! Room was large and clean and very quiet. Great location in the middle of the action , access to all transportation within blocks of here! Breakfast was good but crowded at times.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Hello Becky M, thanks for taking the time for the hotel commendation!