“Great hotel spacious rooms”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel spacious rooms”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was in Toronto alone, the room was definitely a suite. It was large and spacious with a kitchen and living area a separate bathroom and a separate bedroom I have great views and the bed was large.
The staff could not have been more helpful. They allowed me a late check out as I was travelling to the UK. They gave me genuine guidance and not the typical tourist guidance one usually receives. I had some great recommendations for places to eat. It is a short walk from the eton centre which is useful for shopping. The taxi prices are reasonable and it is extremely simple to navigate your way around, I walked to most tourist attractions including the CN Tower.
There were only a few downsides. It could be updated but this does not take away from the fact it is clearly very clean. If the hotel was updated you would expect to pay a great deal more. The coffee maker needed to be changed it was full of lime scale but I did not speak to reception about this (if I had I am sure this would have been dealt with immediately but I was not desperate enough for a coffee and simply opted for going to the café which was a minute walk away). The gym area was pleasant enough with great views from the Jacuzzi (there was a slight problem with the chemicals used one day – but again it was under control with maintenance guys on hand and on scene).
This is highly recommended. Made a city break easy, relaxed and enjoyable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hello citygirl28, thanks for your hotel recommendation. I will certainly pass on your kind words to our hotel team. May I ask that you contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com with your suite number so I may check on the coffee maker eventhough it's been a few weeks? I'm very pleased that your experience was relaxed & enjoyable!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
livingston, new jersey
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed three nights and found this hotel beyond our expectations. Neighborhood is convenient to everything: Hudson Bay Company across the street, pharmacy nearby, Yonge Street, Queen Street, subway, ATM in hotel, Eaton Center, underground parking a plus. Front desk extremely helpful and housekeeping delivered bottles of water and chocolates each night to our door. In the lobby was a bowl of fresh apples and large urn of ice water with limes. Our room 2006 was on the 20th floor directly across from the elevator but noise was never an issue. Room has two closets and four rooms consisting of a living area with small kitchenette, desk and tv; bedroom with 2 lovely double beds and plush bedding and another tv; large marble sink vanity with magnifying mirror and substantial blow dryer in a dressing area; and toilet and shower. Lush Frette terry cloth robes and Organic cosmetics are supplied. We appreciated the Cityscape breakfast included with room; even though we arrived after 9:30 AM one morning they graciously accommodated us with the buffet of fresh scrambled eggs, oatmeal, fruits, cold cereals, pastries, bagels, bananas, oranges and coffee and juices. In-room safe easily holds an iPad with your electronic passcode. One quirk was lack of sufficient drawer space. The bathroom has 3 large drawers, but 2 of them hold extra bedding. Drawers in the bedroom are small in the night stands. This minor inconvenience doesn't diminish the experience of staying at this superior property. It added immeasurably to our trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank macbethLivingston
Elizabeth T, Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
macbethLivingston, thanks so much for your kind and thorough hotel review. Please contact me at etanaskovic@cambridgesuitestoronto.com so I may add onto your profille preference "to remove the extra bedding & pillows" in order to free-up more drawer space for you!
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed here for five days in May, and the hotel experience was very nice. Check in was quick, and the staff very friendly. The room was large and well furnished. We had a few minor issues with the room, but they were quickly solved. Breakfast was quite OK, although the friendly staff there had some problems refilling the trays and cleaning the tables. The food in the restaurant is well worth a try - we tried it twice. A minus, though, for the cod-dish we had, where one of the three fish chunks obsviously was not cod. We told the waitress, but she didn't look too bothered. We asked her to tell the chef that we had expected cod all the way, but never got any response. The bartenders were very friendly and serviceminded. The cleaning of this hotel was good, and washing facilities for your clothes was nice. The good athmosphere makes this hotel easy to recommend for a trip to Toronto.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ragnhild
Thanks for you hotel commendation Ragnhild. I will certainly follow-up with my Chef regarding your breakfast and quality concerns.
DeLand, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed three nights (second week of June). Arrived at 3:00 and room was not ready until after 4:30 (4:00 is normal check in time) which left us "hanging out" in the lobby with our two travel-weary grandchildren for over an hour, Everyone was friendly and pleasant, and after 4:00 there were apologies for the delay, which we understood since we arrived on a Saturday and the hotel was obviously busy. When we were finally able to check in, we were offered complimentary breakfasts for the 4 of us for the duration of our stay, which we greatly appreciated (and enjoyed - it was quite nice). The location of the hotel is excellent and we felt very safe walking to restaurants, and "G for Gelato" (the best gelato!!!) every night. We toured the city on the "hop on and off" double decker bus, and on the first day the concierge arranged for us to be picked up at the hotel and taken to the bus stop. After that we were comfortable getting off at a nearby stop. The beds were comfortable and upon request, extra padding was provided for the pull out sofa bed, so it served my grandson very well (although it would not have been comfortable enough for my "older" bones!). The container of citrus or cucumber/ mint infused chilled water, available in the lobby, was greatly appreciated after long hours of exploring the city. I was disappointed to find our room was by the elevator as I had requested a "quiet" room, but it was on the 10th floor overlooking the entrance area of the hotel instead of the street, and I must say it was very quiet and not once was I bothered by outside noise. Actually, being next to the elevator with the children turned out to be an advantage. Overall, to feel comfortable and safe and "at home" in a hotel when traveling to a city for the first time, especially with children, speaks volumes for the hotel itself and the helpful, pleasant, and very professional staff. If we have an opportunity to return to Toronto (and I hope we do!), we would definitely choose to stay again at the Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello Joyce J, I'm so happy that our team took care of you & your family even with the small hiccups at check-in. Our guests tend to be weary at being across the elevators but the noise has never been an issue for over 20 years. We also hope to welcome you and your family back in the future. Thank you.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Cambridge is an independent boutique style hotel, with 12 suites on most floors and 22 total floors. I had a corner king suite on the 12th floor with surround windows. My suite had a very comfy, homie feeling to it with lots of space. It is an older building that has been well maintained.

The gym & hot tub on the 22nd floor have fabulous views with the treadmills lined against the windows & the hot tub off to the side with its own 180 degree view.

The staff are excellent - extremely helpful and professional with a genuineness that you don't come across often. The mini bar had a plethora of goodies at VERY reasonable prices, good free wi-fi with coffee maker & microwave.

My only negative observations were (1) as a solo woman traveller, I always feel a little safer with a latch type door lock in addition to the deadbolt - not that I felt unsafe, but I sleep better with a latch. (2) Due to the Toronto elevator repairmen strike - we were down to 1 out of 3 elevators one of the days, but all 3 were back up & running the next day. (3) The A/C unit was a bit noisy being so close to the bed

For the price and excellent location (Richmond & Victoria), you really can't go wrong with the Cambridge Suites. I definitely would stay here again & recommend it to anyone. Very easy walking to The Bay, Eaton's Centre, the Sunset Grill, Dundas Square just to name a few.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Vansportsfan
Vansportsfan, thanks for your detailed feedback. I will follow-up on your recommendations as our guest's feeling of safety is important to us!
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A family of four stayed here in June 2013. The facilities are well maintained and the staff responsive. We had a couple problems with the room but they were promptly addressed. We usually stay a block south at One King West but it was fully booked. Cambridge is less expensive and not quite as nice, however fair for the price of $215 before taxes. We still prefer One King West but this is a very good substitute.

Room Tip: Upper floors are preferable.