“Very good hotel in Toronto”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to this hotel a year ago and it was very good indeed. Rooms are clean with minibar, comfortable beds although rooms could be slightly bigger. Breakfast buffet is worth going to, nice but could have a larger variety of food. Highlight of hotel is definitely the jacuzzi, sauna and exercise room on the 23rd floor with spetcular views. The Eaton Centre shopping centre is only a couple hundred metres away, and the Hockey Hall of Fame is within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2012
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear HolidayFanatic1999,

Thank you for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us last year and hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon. You will be pleased to know that since your last stay we have enhanced our breakfast buffet with a selection of hot breakfast items. We also renovated and expanded our 22nd floor Fitness Centre and Spa - expanding those spectacular views. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cambridges Suites Hotel Toronto

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Have worked in downtown Toronto for many years but somewhow missed this gem when visiting the city for a weekend stay. Thanks to all the Trip Advisor reviewers who brought this to my attention.

Stayed for the first time last weekend with my wife to enjoy an anniversary celebration. From my initial discussions with hotel staff on available packages to the end of the stay, we have become truly aware of how customer centric the entire Cambridge Suites team is to please you and they provide a clean, spacious and central downtown TO location. From check-in to check-out, the front desk staff had a genuine heartfelt welcome and interest in us having a great stay.

You can't beat the extra space of a comfortable clean suite, when in fact it is only a few $ more than the brand name hotels in the area. We stayed in the CItyScape Suite and the little extras like a Keurig coffe machine for morning coffee is great, along with my wife's joy of being able to dock her Ipod in the bedroom clock radio. Be sure to take advantage of the Deals Section on the hotel's website. Some of these packages include parking (conveniently located directly beneath the hotel) and breakfast, and when you account for downtown TO parking prices these deals make this hotel a cost effective alternative to neighboring hotel prices.

Location as already noted is central and next door to the Eaton Centre, Massey Hall and Ed Mirvish theatre. On a side note, if looking for some fine Italian dining, check out Carsima Restaurant, a short 5-10 mins walk down the street - it was great!

Hats off to the Cambridge Suites team for providing a welcoming and caring, comfortable home away from home and a pleasant cost-effective alternative to the traditional downtown hotel brands. Can't wait to return again in a few weeks.

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the Deals Section of the hotel's website for some great package deals.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear OnDemand,

I am glad you discovered our hotel enjoyed your time with us. We are very proud to be able to deliver excellent value in an upscale downtown hotel. On behalf of my team, sincere thanks for the thoughtful comments and thorough review. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

cambridge suites is a nice hotel.They have a good price, not huge rooms and not fancy rooms but nice, clean and decent with good service. Great for business> super location, great rates for business..I would recommend for sure

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue G
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Sue G,

Thank you for the recommendation. Your support means a great deal to us!

All the best, Tim

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Since the day I booked, after reading reviews on TripAdvisor, the service I received from the Cambridge Suites was excellent (stayed 15th Sept for a week - apologies to the hotel for the delayed review)

I was booking the trip as a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday from the UK so I emailed the hotel to book a suite. The responses to my questions were very speedy and helpful as was the info for visits we wanted to make to tourist attractions.

I had booked a limo through the hotel to pick us up however this did not turn up, which was not great after the flight from the UK but we got a cab, so no drama (plus the hotel gave us a complimentary transfer back to the hotel which was much appreciated). I had booked a Penthouse suite to celebrate the birthday, which was a one bed suite, however on arrival, we were upgraded to a 2 bed, 2 storey penthouse suite! Amazing suite. We were so happy – plus we were given a bottle of champagne. The service from arrival to departure was faultless
The hotel is very clean and well looked after. I used the small gym for the first two nights, which was ok, but then made full use of the fantastic gym the hotel has access to- a 5 minute walk away and excellent!
Location, fantastic! Perfect for seeing all the sights. Breakfast was included for us and was again, fantastic.
I only have positive things to say about the Cambridge Suites, they really do look after you there. We will definitely be returning when we go back to Toronto. Thanks very much to Tim and his fantastic team!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lindsk72,

Sincere thanks for the tremendous review. I am very pleased that we met your expectations and your husband's surprise birthday getaway was a success. Please accept my sincere apologies for the limo service not arriving. I am glad our team recovered a bad situation well. Please be sure to pass along my contact information to your husband so I can help him plan your birthday surprise!

Yours in Hospitaltiy, Tim

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Based on so many positive reviews of the CSH in Toronto, it was my first choice and booked well in advance. Usually I stay at the more upscale mass-market chains (Fairmont, Trump, Westin, etc) but I wanted a central location to shops, a larger suite, a homier feel, and the potential for the front-desk team to remember me by name as I entered and left. Check on all accounts! Even an early check-in and a late check-out were accommodated graciously, and it took mere minutes to get into the room and settle the bill at the end of a too-short-stay.

The suite was large, nearly 500 sq ft, divided into a large living room with sofa, chair, full wet bar complete with fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker, and all the essentials, flat-screen HDTV, desk with numerous data ports (wireless internet was free); big bedroom with a King bed, another desk, flat-screen TV, privacy doors, en-suite bathroom with oversized sink and vanity w/massive storage drawers, separate shower/tub and toilet; plus 2 closets! Fundamentals you don't get with most suites, let alone at the higher-priced chains.

My room was 1508, a high floor with a great side view over to Scotia Place, away from the elevator but not a long jaunt; never heard a peep from the neighbours! Room service was used for extra cream and coffee, and they brought me a weekend's worth! Portico restaurant was used twice for free continental breakfast, and was clean, well-laid out, and the food (muffins, bagels, cereals, eggs, oatmeal, juices, coffees & teas, etc) was hearty, fresh & hot, with a great sightline of busy Richmond & Yonge, among the heart of Toronto's gorgeous and bustling financial district. Located centrally for quick trips to The Bay, Eaton Centre, Queen's Park & Nathan Philips Square, Queen St West, Yonge & Dundas, Church & Wellesley, Wellington St & the St Lawrence Market, Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre & CN Tower... essentially if you're coming to TO for tourism, Cambridge Suites is in the middle of it all!

From the personalized service, to the car service booked with ease, a wonderful rate that treats everyone first-class without the high cost, to a renovated top-floor sauna/spa/fitness centre I'll have to visit next time in Toronto. Yes, II'll be booking at Cambridge Suites again!

Room Tip: 1508 was my suite, large, quiet, away from elevator, good views, amazing King Bed!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear DJSHOWBOY,

Thank you for the wonderful review and thoughtful comments. It was nice to read that we lived up to our great reputation and you felt that you recieved good value. We are just putting the finishing touches on our Fitness Centre renovation and expect it will be completed this week. I can't wait for you to see the new look - we have doubled the workout space (and the 22nd floor views!) Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

All the best, Tim

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed 2 nights on our honeymoon for $300. We found it to be an absolute bargain when comparing to the rest of the hotels on our trip. We checked in a bit early and our room wasn't ready, however they called us immediately when it was ready. The staff and service was second to none and we were provided with a platter and card as their gift to us. The location was good with a short walk to the Eaton Centre. Overall the room was spacious with all the amenities you require, free wifi, very large bathroom/powder room even if it was a bit dated. Our room had a view which was nice. It was great value and very spacious and I would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: Request room with view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kingcalo,

Congratulations on your recent wedding! We wish you all the best for the future and are glad we could play a small part in your very special celebration. I hope we get to see you again on your anniversary.

Best Wishes, Tim

Reviewed October 25, 2012

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the suite I stayed in (1304) had a corner window with pleasant views toward the eaton centre. I had never been to Toronto before but the location of this hotel turned out to be excellent; within 5 minutes walk from the subway and shopping of the eaton centre (which is enormous). But also within easy reach of most attractions; i walked to the CN tower in less than 20 minutes Really comfortable bed and other furniture. I think it is good (not great) value. But much better from what I could see of other hotels at this price in the area.The buffet breakfast is ok. The restaurant itself is very good. I would definitely stay there again. They are currently refurbishing their fitness centre n the top floor, and they provide access to a local club in the meantime but I didn't try it.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear JamboTravel,

It was nice to read that you felt we delivered good value. On behalf of my team, thank you for the kind words and thoughtful recommendation. I am sorry our full spa and fitness facilities were not available during your stay, but am certain you will love the newly upgraded and expanded facilities with twice as many of the incredible 22nd floor views to distract you from your workout. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.