“Pleasantly surprised!”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel and overall it was a great experience! I was a bit hesitant when booking, due to not being at all familiar with this hotel, but was encouraged by it's high ratings on this site.

I had no problem finding the hotel parking, even though I wasn't familiar with the area. I didn't realize until afterwards that I could just pay for my parking at the front desk and I paid for a night at the meter (with my credit card). This was accounted for however when I went to front desk and told them...so they charged me only for the remaining night (cost approximately $27/night).

Fortunately, I was able to check in early, which was a bonus, since I had a conference to attend at 1pm. My room was clean and spacious and very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. I ate one night at the restaurant downstairs in the hotel (Portico, I think)...the food was awesome...great service, although it was a bit pricy (as hotel food usually is).

I was looking forward to using the hot tub, however it is currently being renovated. They did offer day passes for Good Life Fitness and another fitness facility, but I didn't take advantage of it. The only other thing I was surprised about was that they put a $100 hold on my credit card when I checked in...I wasn't expecting this, although it wasn't a big deal.

Overall, this was a great hotel and I would be happy to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear ccaterer,

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated your thoughtful comments. Please accept my apologies for the spa and fitness centre renovations. They are nearly complete and I am certain you will enjoy the new look, expanded views, and increased fitness space. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Write a ReviewReviews (1,855)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is my "go to" hotel when I am in Toronto be it for business or for pleasure. The suites are quite reasonably priced. Compared to what other downtown hotels charge for a simple standard room, these suites are a good deal and are even a better deal on weekends as typically the weekend rates are lower. Internet access is free in all the rooms, not just in the lobby as is typically the case with most other downtown Toronto hotels. The living room aspect of the suites is the draw for me. They are furnished with a couch, arm chair, coffee table, desk and two chairs. There is plenty of room to relax. Each suite has 2 flat screen televisions; one in the living room and one in the bedroom. Another nice feature of the suite is the front hall closet, separate from the clothes closet, which comes in handy in the winter months to tuck coats and boots out of sight. Suites come with King beds or 2 doubles. I have stayed in both and the beds are very comfortable. It is my experience that the hotel does its best to accomodate early/late check in requests. The hotel has convenient underground parking. It is in close walking distance to most downtown shopping and attractions. The subway is just around the corner and there is a taxi stand right at the hotel in case you need a cab. You can even borrow one of the hotel's bicycles. The small but cosy bar just off the lobby is the perfect spot for a restorative post shopping cocktail. All of the staff are friendly and attentive. My one and only complaint about this hotel is that there is only one ice machine! (But I can live with that.) This is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear RaginaCanada,

It is very nice to read that we continue to be your 'go to' hotel in Toronto. Thank you for the wonderful review. Regarding our ice machines, it is true that they are limited, but we do this to keep our corridors as quiet as possible. We have a second ice machine on the third floor and are happy to deliver ice directly to your suite whenever required. Thanks again for the thoughtful comments and continued loyalty - see you soon.

Tim

Reviewed October 16, 2012

One of our favourite hotels in Toronto and it is largely because of the staff. Rooms are spacious and the restuarant is convenient and the selection is excellent. During our last visit, we reached our 25th night stay (unbeknownst to us) and were pleasantly surprised to see it recognized by the staff. Not too many loyalty programs provide Champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries as a thank you for your patronage.

This is a gem of a hotel, for price, location, amenities and most of all, staff.

Dear K-Mark,

I was excited to read that you enjoyed our 25th stay treat. We are glad you feel at home with us and look forward to surprising you with more anniversary gifts! Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of personal assistance to you.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love this hotel. I got a $199 package including parking and breakfast, its called "all for one weekend getaways" make sure you ask for it because the parking alone is usually $27/night. The free breakfast has been much improved and instead of cramming everyone into meeting rooms on the second floor with insufficient seating it has been moved to the restaurant on the ground floor with loads of seating and a nice view of the street. They have added hot foods like eggs and home fries which is great. They were improving the fitness and pool to twice the original size. It was under construction but should be done by now. The TV's have been upgraded to nice large LCD's. Carpeting and wallpaper are also new. The rest is fabulous as all rooms have 500 square feet and doors separating the bedroom and living rooms, microwave, safes, 2 TVs, large bathrooms with separate shower and toilet, fluffy towels, bathrobes and nice magazines. Luxury touches at a non luxury price tag. Parking is convenient underneath the building and its easy to find a space and there are luggage carts to take your luggage up to your room. I can't recommend this hotel enough. The location 1 block from the Eaton Centre is wonderful and close to everything.

Room Tip: The rooms on the east side have a great view. Cityscape rooms are on top 4 floors and have incredibl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear Thundarr357,

Thank you for your continued loyalty and the thorough review of our property. I am thrilled you appreciate our continuing enhancements; especially the breakfast and suite improvements. I am sorry that the Fitness area was not completed for your visit and hope you were able to take advantage of one of our many temporary options. The Fitness Centre enhancements should be finished by Novemeber 1. We are really excited to be expanding the space and increasing the Penthouse level views! Be sure to let me know when you are returning so I can pass along my thanks in person.

The staff was amazing.
The location is great: good restaurants nearby (the in-house is good as well), Eaton Centre (shopping) is one block away. Other great attractions are close too (St. Lawrence Mkt, CN Tower)
Another plus in this hotel is the rooms, truly suites, with lots of room for a comfy stay.

Dear MarcusLima,

On behalf of our amazing staff, I would like to thank you for your kind words. I am very proud of our team and appreciate reviews like yours that help me recognize their efforts. I hope you are able to return to our great city soon. If you are, don't hesitate to let me know if I can assist with your travel plans.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pleasant reception, very central, capacious, clean , and great value
FREE INTERNET
Gave until 3 pm late check out
Was here on a conference at so it was perfect location
1 min from young st & The BAY cross the road .. Eaton center 5 mins walk

Room Tip: Rodeny's Oyster bar.$$$ On King st .. great ambiance & food Chiado Fantastic Portuguese fo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear detroncj,

I was very pleased to read that you felt we delivered great value and appreciated our central location. I trust you had a safe and pleasant trip home!

Happy Travels, Tim

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We loved staying in the Cambridge, the room was a great size and was really comfortable. Comfy bed and great bathroom. We had a high room which gave us a great view of the city and we appreciated the quiet spot. The staff were helpful and courteous.
We had breakfast included in our rate which was a buffet with a fair choice of items including fresh fruit and juices.
This hotel was in a great location for seeing the top tourist places and offered a great selection of local bars and restaurants within a short distance.

Room Tip: High floors give a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear gwyndafini,

Thank you for the lovely review. It is always nice to read that we were able to enhance our guests' visit to our wonderful city. If I can ever assist with future travel plans, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerley, Tim