“Great little hotel!”

Ranked #38 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
ottawa
“Great little hotel!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a chance to stay here for two nights as we were doing some excusions in Toronto. Check in was very pleasant and the staff were very nice.The hotel is situated right off Younge Street so it is easy walking distance to Eaton Centre, and all the attractions. The subway stop was about a block away.
The room was situated facing the street so it was kinda noisy as there is a hospital nearby so there is lots of sirens, etc. However with the windows shut it's not too bad. We really liked the layout of the suite; the bedroom had a flatscreen TV and was separated by a french door from the living area which also had a flat screen. This was nice as my family could watch TV as I can sleep and not be disturbed. The bathroom was very spacious and I loved the showerhead.
We did use the jacuzzi once ( there's no pool:() it overlooks the city. It's located in the gym area which is not convienient in the sense you're dripping water on the gym floor as you leave. The gym set up is nice-cardio equipment with lots of hand weights and balls.
Being that it's off of Younge Street, there are endless opportunities for dining and shopping.
I have to say, we enjoyed staying here and I think the price range is about the same as a regular room in other hotels so for a family of four or so may be better.

Room Tip: If you like more quiet maybe ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank sylvie.mac
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear sylvie.mac,

I am soo pleased that you enjoyed our great little hotel and appreciated you sharing your thoughts with others. I hope you make the trip from Ottawa again soon - if you do, please don't hesitate to let me know if I can help.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Thanks to the reviews on TripAdvisor (#11 of 117), I knew this would be an enjoyable stay. Cambridge Suites is centrally located downtown, walking distance to everything and nearby to the TTC (subway), as well. The Deluxe King Suite was big, modern, comfortable, with a living room/dining area and separate King bedroom with flat screen tv's in both rooms and a big bathroom with tons of counter space. We stayed on the 21st floor (there are 22 floors), with a great view on the city. The hotels' Portico restaurant is one of the top rated in downtown Toronto as well.

The rooms are under $300/night and some rates include daily breakfast in Portico. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HeatherReviews,

Thank you for truisting Tripadvisor to help you choose your hotel - I am glad you were not disappointed. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service with future travel plans.

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pros:
- Check-in was fast and easy
- Underground parking
- Spacious and clean hotel rooms
- Decent view
- Minimal street noise
- Subway, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, etc. all in the vicinity for quick food options

Cons:
- When I got the bill, I was charged for all the parking when no one in my room was driving. It would be nice if they asked whose bill the parking goes on rather than assuming.
- The bar fridge was over priced.. the water was more expensive than the red bull and beer

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would use it again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nothappening B,

Many thanks for the recommendation. I appreciated your helpful review, but am very sorry you experienced some billing challenges. I assume our team took care of them promptly for you - if not, please let me know so I can help.

All the best, Tim
Calgary
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I met for a girls getaway in Toronto this weekend and could not have been happier with our hotel.

The rooms are set up in such a way that the bedroom, living room, sink in a huge vanity and then the shower/watercloset are all in separate rooms with full doors. This is perfect to accomodate two girls with lots of space for our suitcases, sharing the mirror and ones ability to get up and relax, read or whatever if the other is still sleeping.

I am sure 2 guys would feel the same way about the set up.

The service at the hotel was quite good although we were disappointed with the young gal working the concierge desk. She wasn't very friendly and gave us the bare minimum of information we asked about (for example - 'loosely' explained where we could catch the streetcar but didn't fill in any extras like how frequently they run, the cost, the exact corner we should catch it) which would have been helpful. We stopped at a Starbucks up the street and they were more than willing to help us with everything we needed.

The hotel loccation is fantastic! It is a short walk to the Air Canada center, there are a million restaurants around for every type of meal or outing you may want, local pubs, coffee shops and 2 blocks from the Toronto Eaton Center with fantastic shopping. We rarely came out of the hotel and didn't see cabs sitting out front waiting for a fare. The area is incredibly safe for 2 girls to walk at night. The hotel is within 2 blocks from the subway and street cars.

Would certainly book this hotel again.

Dear JulesFTravels,

It was great to read that we helped facilitate a nice girls getaway - great overview, thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with the Tripadvisor community.

Cleveland
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We visited Toronto over Labor Day weekend for my husband and sons' birthdays. The suites are HUGE and perfect for staying with a toddler (who usually need their own space to sleep!). There were two TVs, an eating nook with a table, a fridge, and microwave. It was perfect, really.

It was close to many things and easy to get around (the subway is right across the street).

And the service! They left us cupcakes for our birthday celebrations. Truly, above and beyond what we could have hoped for. THANK YOU!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear ashleymarie6,

It was nice to read that we helped your family enjoy your visit to Toronto. If I can ever be of service to you on a future trip to our city, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely, TIm
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were in Toronto for TIFF and wished that we could have spend more than one night. The hotel was welcoming and accomodating. The rooms were spacious with a separate sitting area. We loved the corner room with lots of windows. The location was walking distance to the theatres we attended. We would have used the guest bikes if it hadn't have been raining. We also enjoyed good meals at the Portico restaurant.

Dear Peter W,

Toronto sure is a great city to visit. I am glad you enjoyed your TIFF experience and that we were an excellent home base for your stay. Wa also look forward to your next visit - don't hesitate to let us know when you are returning. Be sure to check out our blog and Pinterest pages for suggestions on other things to see and do while you are here.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I loved this place, it was humble and under-promised and over-delivered. I had a corner suite and it was amazing with great big windows with sheer drapes which made me feel like i was staying in don drapers office. cool for that alone. Lovely staff and all very user friendly.

Room Tip: ask for a corner suite, great light and sun.
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jean M,

Great review - thanks! We love the upscale, but classic design of our hotel and glad you appreciated the design. I love the Mad Men reference - as long as folks don't feel it is ok to smoke in their "office." :)

Cheers, Tim