“Nice Downtown Location”

Ranked #37 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
London, Canada
“Nice Downtown Location”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very nice hotel, spacious 3 rooms, nice working desk, two hd tv's , perfect location if you want downtown Toronto just a half block from Younge St. Also the Sunset grille had a great breakfast for about $10 at Younge and Richmond (Half block away)

Room Tip: Walking distance to the theater district
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear youcancallmejay,

Thanks for the review! If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Cambridge Suites Hotel Toronto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Houston
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I chose this hotel based on positiveTripAdvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. My wife and I with two adult daughters reserved a suite including one king bed and a fold-out couch. We had booked 3 nights, but were delayed and did not arrive until the next day. When I called to advise reservations of our delay they accepted my change graciously. Our suite was exceedingly comfortable and felt spacious with a sliding doors separating the bedroom from the sitting/couch area, a good touch for lending to the open feel of the room. The staff was positively friendly and helpful with everything including directions or any other request we had. Adjacent to the lobby is a very nice, upscale restaurant that we enjoyed both nights. Because our touring kept us out till late, we enjoyed light evening fare and good wine and then indulged in the splendid dessert offerings. Yes, we'll come back whenever we return to Toronto!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Quigley_8,

I was pleased to read that we lived up to our reputation and you enjoyed your time with us. We can't wait to serve you again!

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Whenever I'm in Toronto, I try to book my stay here. It's a nice getaway for both business trips and couple time. It's so centrally located but just far enough from the Younge Street madness. The rooms are immaculate and the beds are so comfy. I have bad allergies and I often find staying in hotels will kickstart them, but this place is so fresh and clean - not a single sneeze! The jacuzzi on the top floor is also amazing at night - wonderful view.

As a female, the only downside is that I don't particularly like walking back to the hotel alone at night. There always tends to be some questionable characters wandering around the area - it has nothing to due with the hotel but just thought it was worth mentioning. It hasn't stopped me from staying here though!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Smallsails,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest. I am delighted that you enjoy our hotel and appreciate the kind review. While our area is certainly very quiet, it is also quite safe. Be sure to let us know when you are returning and we will provide you with some tips to ensure you feel a little safer in our wonderful neighborhood.

Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I had a chance to stay again to this lovely place with my niece last week . Everyone that we had met this time was great Front desk staff are wonderful and room was meticulously clean.

We had dinner at your lovely Portico Restaurant and the food was delicious. Service from Cecile was great. She recommended the white fish from wild lake Erie along with oyster bay sauvignon blanc. Perfect!!!. Fabulous food, efficient ,attentive and friendly service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Dear alimar1,

It was nice to hear that you were able to reconnect with your niece and enjoy some quality time with us. Thanks as wel for recognizing Cecile - I know she appreciated the special recognitioI appreciate you taking the time the time to share your experience with others.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After searching for 3 weeks for a hotel in Toronto, we finally chose the Cambridge Suites and it exceeded my expectations. My husband & I were in Toronto for 5 nights 6 days for business. We looked at the Ritz, Intercontinental, and a few others but I had specific needs, we wanted a CLEAN suite with a small kitchenette and separate bedroom, and also it had to be close to the subway because we would be traveling to Finch Street everyday and I wanted all of that without breaking the budget.

Great breakfast every morning. More than the typical continental breakfast menu.

The bathrooms need updating but clean, but I loved the the long bathroom counter that was separate from the toilet and shower. It was great as we needed to get ready for work at the same time and one could be in the shower while the other could be outside the bathroom getting ready. Great feature!  The two TVs are great, my husband could watch the NBA playoffs while I watched a movie (just like at home).

Yes, I would stay at Cambridge Suites again!

Room Tip: We stayed on 19th floor quiet and great.
1 Thank CMMJ
Dear CMMJ,

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciated the kind words and suggestions. I agree, our bathrooms do need some updating. With the exception of our bathrooms, we finished renovating all our suites last year. We jsut finished our design bathrooms and hope to begin full bathroom renovations later this year. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever help.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cambridge Suites over Memorial Day weekend 2012. The location of the hotel is excellent-- I was six months pregnant when we stayed and had no problem walking to many attractions such as Eaton Centre, Dundas Square, and Lawrence Market (all within walkng distance!). It is also very close to many restaurants.
As far as the hotel goes, we informed them in our reservation that is was my birthday and that we were on our babymoon-- not only were we upgraded to a suite, we were given a personalized, handwritten card in our room that came with cupcakes! It was such a nice touch!! On top of that, we were given complimentary breakfast for each morning of our stay. The breakfast was very good: eggs, toast, cereal, ham, coffee, fruit, etc... very nice selection, and very friendly staff!
The room itself was very nice and well kept and clean (I am picky about cleanliness), so I was very satisfied with the room. Very large and comfortable bed, flat screen tvs, a fridge, microwave, and a dining area (we were placed on the 19th floor... very quiet, too!).
Overall, this was a fabulous stay. The hotel is wonderfully situated, clean, and has a friendly staff. We would definitely recommend this to friends and family, and we would most certainly stay here again. They were a large part in making our babymoon very special!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WashingtonDCgirl2
Dear DCgirl520,

Thank you for sharing your "Babymoon" experience with other tripadvisor readers. I am glad it was a great experience and hope we see you back when your little one joinst the family. All the best with his/her arrival!

Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I booked a City Scape suite and my friend booked a standard room. The extra money was not worth as the only extra thing I got was a chocolate and a bottle of water each evening. I did get a higher floor but the view was not great and in fact my friend had the better view despite being on the lower floor.

The hotel furnishings in the room felt tired and old fashioned and the rooms felt like they needed modernising.

Breakfast was very basic and consistently ran short especially of pastries which were very quickly taken were not replaced. Certainly not worth $13.99. In fact there was an excellent breakfast diner a few doors down fom the hotel.

Staff were excellent and very helpful.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jez W
Dear jezw,

I am very sorry you did not think the Cityscape Suites were excellent value. Our guests normally rave about them - especially following our extensive renovation last year. I really hope we have another chance to win you over and encourge you to let me know the next time you are in our great city. You can reach me at tostrem@cambridgesuiteshotel.com. We are very proud of our hotel and we want you to feel that you recieved excellent value.