“Very relaxing atmosphere in Toronto”

Cambridge Suites Toronto
Ranked #34 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Recent trip to Toronto to meet a friend where I stayed for 3 days at the Cambridge Suites, very well situated in Downtown Toronto near the Eaton Center. Liked very much the suite with a separate living room with small kitchenette (fridge, microwave, sink) and bedroom/bathroom that could be closed by sliding doors. There was ample space to accommodate 2 people without disturbing each other, one could sleep or watch TV in the bedroom while the other could work or watch TV on the other large screen TV in the living room. We had lunch of nice salads and delicious chocolate cake plus glass of wine, at the Portico, the restaurant adjacent to the hotel, and the prices were similar to other restaurants downtown. I took my breakfeast in my room because I had bought a lot of stuff (fresh bagels, cheeses, cold cuts, fresh fruits) at the St-Lawrence Market which is at walking distance from the hotel ( about 20-30 minutes walk). I rented a car to travel to Niagara and the parking at the hotel was very convenient ($25.00/day)- I flew to Toronto by Porter Airlines and could have walked from the shuttle bus terminal at The Fairmont Royal York/ Union Railway Station to the hotel if I had chosen to do so (20 minutes walk- 5 minutes by taxi). I did not shop a lot, even if we were steps to Eaton Center, because it was mainly our purpose to see Picasso Masterpieces at The AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario)-30 minutes walk from hotel to Dundas Street. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The hotel was quiet and relaxing. I enjoyed very much my stay at the Cambridge Suites and will return with pleasure when staying in Toronto. Really affordable for the comfort it provides ( home away from home!)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank lucecanada
timostrem, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Quebec,

Thank you for the kind review! I am pelased you had a relaxing stay and felt at home. I hope we are able to serve you again.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was there the first time in the 90's and it was excellent. Now, it is starting to show age, the furniture need some upgrades. The service is very good though and the location is fantastic.

Room Tip: As an Expedia Elite member, I received an upgrade to city view suites. It was good, but it's sti...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Yvon_Bourgouin

Dear YvonB,

Thank you for returning! I am glad you chose to stay with us again and found our service to be very good and our location fantastic. I was disappointed to read that the rooms felt dated; especially since we invested a great deal into replacing or refinishing all of our furniture during our renovations in 2010. The only are we did not renovate was the bathroom and we hope to begin them later this year - the design room looks great! Don't hesitate to let me know which room you were in so I can follow-up and ensure it is in great shape. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to ask.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have only stayed in Toronto a handful of times, but this was the best business overnight by a mile. The location was perfectly situated for my meetings in the city. The staff was incredibly friendly and upgraded my room upon arrival. The room was beautifully appointed and spacious- especially for a city! I have stayed in some that felt slightly larger than a walk in closet. The restaurant attached was excellent and again the service was flawless. There were dessert and breakfast vouchers that were provided which added to the value of the room which was already amazing at $179/night. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or personal stays in the city.

Room Tip: Cityscape rooms are on the upper floors and offer more space. You may get upgraded upomn arrival if...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jerseygirl10577
CAMBRIDGEGM, General Manager at Cambridge Suites Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear jerseygirl10577,

Thank you for staying with us while in Toronto on business. I was pleased to read that we delivered amazing value and our service was excellent. My team and I appreciate your kind words and hope we see you again on your next trip to our great city. Don't hesitate to let me know if I can ever be of service to you.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at the Cambridge Suites for 3 nights during our trip to Toronto and found the location to be excellent for everything on our trip. The rooms were clean, modern and spacious. We will bring the kids next time and the suites will be perfect for that! Lynn was great at the Front Desk, as well as the rest of the staff who helped us out during our stay. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Josh G

Dear JoshG253,

Thank you for submitting a review. I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us and I know Lynn appreciates the the special recognition. We look forward to selcoming you (and your kids) back the next time you travel to our great city.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I stayed at the Cambridge Suites Hotel for my 40th Birthday weekend. I had a GREAT time. From the minute I checked in the staff made me feel so special. I had such a wonderful weekend and it was all due to the hotel and their wonderful staff. Will defintely recommend this hotel to my friends and family and I am already planning our next trip to Cambridge Suites.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mjaron

Dear Mjaron,

Once again, Happy Birthday! Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community. I hope we see you back again for your 41st birthday. (or sooner)

Best Wishes, Tim

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Cambridge Suites this past weekend. We found a great deal for about $150 a night. I emailed the hotel in advance and asked for a room on a top floor with a view. When I arrived at around 12:30pm I was given an upgrade to a room on the 18th floor and comlimnetary breakfast was added which was nice. The front desk was very helpful and gave me a map and overview of the city.

The room itself was so well designed - I will all hotel room were like this! As mentioned there is a seperate bedroom from the living room (pocket doors seperate the rooms). A large dressing/closet/sink area and a lovely mini kitchen area with a big fridge, bar sink, microwave, dishes, plates and coffee maker.

The sauna and jacuzzi were lovely and had awesome views. We took their car service back to the airport for $58 ...it was a nice town car and accepted all credit cards.

Location was great and very central ...we walked all over the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Matrix02

Dear Matrix02,

Thank you for the thoughtful review. I was pleased to read that we provided great value for your trip to Toronto and I hope we have the chance to serve you again. If I can ever be of service to you, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

What a perfect suites hotel in downtown Toronto. The rooms really are suites. Large and comfortable. When it comes to downtown Toronto its all about location, location, location. This is right in the middle of everything. Its a quick walk to the Eaton Center, trendy Queen Street west, The entertainment district, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the St Lawrence Market, which by the way is probably the best farmers market anywhere in the world and on and on and on. The hotel is perfect for business or family fun. Breakfast in the lobby bar is extra, but worth it. It has just the right items to start the day. The staff is over the top friendly ( but then everyone in Toronto is ) must be a Canadian thing? I stay here all the time. I've stayed here 5 times and return again and again. Its a winner.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear xxqsme,

Thank you for your continued loyalty. I was very pleased to read that you continue to enjoy your time with us and I hope we have the chance to meet on a future stay; please let me know when you are returning so I can pass on my personal thanks. And yes, being over the top friendly is a Canadian thing, but we like to think we are the friendliest of the lot! Enjoy your travels.