“Good place to stay in Toronto”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed here several days while in Toronto on business.

Rooms small, but clean, cozy and good if you're travelling by yourself or as a couple. A small thing, but kudos for designing the lights over the bed in a way that allows you to turn the lights on and off without having to get OUT of bed (not as common as I'd hoped in many hotels). Cordless phone handset signal would break up a bit.

Close to easy mass transit access (subway, streetcar) and close to the Eaton Centre for shopping.

The on-site restaurant is OK, but just OK (with the intriguing exception of their Mediterranean Breakfast, which includes pita bread, hummus, tomato/cucumber slices, feta cheese, walnuts/almonds and an egg).

Wi-fi in at least some of the rooms (16, 17 & 19th floor) is pretty low power. There are internet terminals in the lobby, though.

Bottom line: a decent place to stay in Toronto if you can live without huge rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and experience about the Bond Place Hotel.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to it's fullest potential. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us as all of us here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of addtiional shopping options and hundreds of restaurants.

There is a charge for wifi access of $8.95 plus tax per room per day although we do offer business rooms and suites as well that include wifi access in the cost of their room.

We would be honored to see you again during your next visit to downtown Toronto.

There are newer reviews for Bond Place Hotel

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good location that we could reach the dining place, supermarket and shopping mall easily. The subway station is pretty close to the hotel too. We spent 9 days here and it was a great experience. All the staffs are very helpful and friendly. Besides that, I am very happy that the room is so clean. I would definitely recommend my friends to stay here in future!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and experience about your time at The Bond Place Hotel.

As you have experienced we are located in the heart of downtown Toronto just steps away from hundreds of restaurant, major tour attractions and in the midst of top shopping centers. The TTC, Toronto's public transporation system, is outside our door step.

We are very happy to hear that you had an amazing time with us as all of us at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our entire team as we take great pride in the service we provide to our guests.

Thank you for choosing The Bond Place Hotel and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The rooms are tiny but have all you need if location is the reason for your stay. We went to the Ed Murvish theatre and it was just around the corner. The Imperial Pub across the street is great also. The only draw back was the heater which was too close to the bed. Everything is close to the bed, but the heater was too much. Parking across the street was a pain too, although it was a super cold day. The hotel was very clean and the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. All in all it was worth the money.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are the same but next time I would get a larger suite.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shopping options, hundreds of restaurants and many theatres.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential ensuring each room is provisioned with a fridge. We do offer larger rooms and suites (our suites include microwaves) for those guests that desire more spacious accommodations. We greatly apologize if the positioning of the heater inconvenienced you. We will be sure to share your comments with our maintenance team.

There is parking available accross the street from the hotel and full in and out privileges are available.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went in Feb 2014 and it was perfect for what we were looking for. Very close walking distance to most things in Toronto. The room was quite small but it was nice and had everything we needed. Enjoyed the free coffee/tea downstairs all day, that was nice in the cold weather. Parking cost us $38 for 2 days, quite steep, and thats my only complaint. We would stay here again

2  Thank tpeterson10

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

I’m glad to hear that you took an advantage our key location, just minutes away from major tourist attractions, shopping facilities and hundreds of fabulous restaurants.

I do apologize that our parking rate did not meet your expectations, on the bright side we are known to have one of the lowest rates compared to any other hotels and parking facilities in downtown Toronto.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to it's fullest potential and we do have larger rooms and suites available for those guests that desire more spacious accommodations.

Thank you for choosing The Bond Place Hotel and we definitely hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My son and I stayed at the Bond Place Hotel whilst on a weekend trip to Toronto to take in a TML hockey match. We arrived late on Thursday night, and were met with a very friendly guy on reception who processed our check-in with efficiency and friendlyness. Room was clean, not overly large but sufficient for the two of us. There was a bit of traffic noise through the night, but it didn't impact sleep to any degree. We didn't use the bar or any catering facilities so can't comment. On check out, our cases were stored for us, and a lift arranged to the airport. The driver was very friendly and the journey passed quickly. All in all, the staff at Bond Place added to our overall enjoyment of our trip to Toronto. Would definitely recommend staying here, and will check availability when I'm planning my next trip to Toronto.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Gordon U,

Thank you so much for sharing such lovely feedback about your stay. The team loves to hear they were able to make your stay!

Glad you were able to enjoy a Toronto Maple Leafs Game! We love TML fans!

Hope you will be staying with us next time your in town for a game.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have lived and traveled in 4 of the worlds six continents. I have been to more hotels than i care to remember yet of all of them this was the worst. This sordid tale began one whole year earlier. There was a conference me and my wife had been planning to attend for more than two years. While I was in Kenya we had decided Bond would be perfect for our needs during the conference the following year. This was in 2012.

In 2013 all the arrangements were ready. My schedule as well as my wifes were very jam packed so it so happened I had to bring in the bags to the hotel first and this is where it all begins. I met the receptionist and informed them of the room and sure enough the booking was there. I was told a security deposit would be needed. I provided photo ID (government issued) which was copied. That was normal and fine and I was going to pay in cash. However because my wife booked the room with her credit card I was told she would have to be the one to do the check in, which was fine, So I left them with my luggage and I told them she is at work let her check in. I had one more business meeting to attend and I told him I would be back. I would finish the check in if there is an issue contact me and left my details.

In the middle of my meeting I get a call from my wife and lo and behold she cant check in. They claimed the hotel had not been paid for??????????Yet a week earlier my wife was in discussions about the cost of an extended stay. The next big issue was that she had booked it with her old credit card which had expired and they demanded (note the word demand) that only the original credit card (which had expired for more than 8 months by this point) was the only one that could be used for checking in ?????She calls her bank to confirm the payment of the hotel and they confirm that the the hotel had indeed been payed 12 months IN ADVANCE. On telling them this while the bank is on the phone ready to talk to whoever she is told the hotel had reversed the money to the card.

I arrive and my wife has been waiting in the lobby for two and half hours. I see the receptionist standing over her invading her personal space. My wife informs me that there is a suspicion on US of fraud??????FRAUD! "maybe its cause im black who knows i didnt see anyone else being put through such condescending looks,innuendos and supalative suggestions ," That the money has been reversed and the booking has been canceled. Under whose authority did they reverse the charge to the room when the principle card holder is right in front of them having produced all evidence of identity and factual knowledge of the details to the stay. I am dismayed and I go and confront the receptionist. As soon as I question him on who gave him the authority to reverse the charges he disappears to the back room re-emerges and suddenly our rooms are available. All they need is that security deposit?????Here is the best part and you tell me who was trying to defraud who? While I was transiting returning to the hotel the receptionist had taken my wifes credit card and tried to charge her card with an 8 night stay we had already paid for then a further $400 dollars for reasons I am unaware of. In total BOND HOTEL HAD TRIED TO DEFRAUD US OF $1500. lucky thing was that none of the payments went through cause that card had been maxed out. She was tired and just wanted some rest. So she gave them whatever they wanted.

We eventually checked in 4 hours after my wife had arrived at the hotel and half an hour after I had arrived. Of the four continents of the world that I have been to. I have never seen or experienced anything like this. Considering I have been to a few third world countries it says a lot. My recommendation be careful. I have consequently moved banks and put several restrictions on my accounts just in-case there some sort of identity fraud going on there.

Regard NEYA A.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Thneya A

Dear Thneya A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We truly apologize for any miscommunication that you experienced in December 2013.

Our team strives to provide 100 % guest satisfaction and ensure each and everyone one of our guests is cared for to the best of our abilities.

Currently I am unable to locate your reservation information in our system. If you would kindly contact the hotel, we can investigate the details of what occurred during your arrival and check in.

Again our apologies for the inability to have you checked in immediately, this type of delay is not a normal practice, and I am confident there is a reasonable explanation for why the agents were not able to assist you with your reservation.

Please be assured first that the team is not discriminating against any person, the Bond Place team is made up of employees from around the world. Second be confident we have never had any issues with fraud.

Please contact us so we may further investigate the miscommunication that took place regarding your reservation, as the team would not delay the check in process with out cause.

We are sorry for any misunderstandings, and would like to resolve any indictment that has taken place. Please feel free to call directly (416) 362-6067.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just got back from a weekend trip to Toronto. We searched for a decent priced hotel that was close to as much as possible. Bond place was literally a 2 minute walk from Eaton Centre and Yonge/Dundas Square. The room was small but clean and modern. The cost of parking ($20 a night) sucked but you had in/out priveledges. The concierge and front desk were very nice and helpful. Downside to this hotel, cost to use wifi (was under the impression it was free) and the walls are very thin) I would book this hotel again though as it is close to plenty of things, affordable, and well kept.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right! We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shopping options and an unlimited amount of restaurants.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago and we are very proud of the result. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodations with us.

There is a charge for wifi access of $8.95 plus tax per day per room although we do offer business rooms and suites that have wifi costs included in the cost of the room. There is also a parking charge but we do our best to keep our rates reasonable compared to the surrounding area.

We would be honored to see you again the next time you visit downtown Toronto.