“Great Location, Decent stay”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at the Bond Place for a couple nights to spend a little time in Toronto and do a quick getaway. It was also during record cold for Toronto, and the lobby reflected it even with the air curtains over the doors. The room was clean and decently equipped for a business queen. We only ran into a couple issues during our stay- a bundle of sheets left in the room by housekeeping, the phone not working, the refrigerator freezing yogurt we bought for breakfast with us, and no bottled water left after the first night. However, I do have to give management credit. I was able to go down to the desk and they worked to try to resolve the problems. The staff were also very friendly and willing to help answer questions. The only thing we wish we had known before hand is that it is cash parking when you pull in. Location is great. You're maybe 2 blocks to Dundas station and the AMC building/Eaton Center. Overall it was a decent hotel and worth what we paid for the stay. The bed was good and the room was clean. We would probably stay there again. Overall it was a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Take a higher floor. It lessens the noise from the street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank billbuffny
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We greatly apologize that housekeeping left the linens behind in your room. We wil be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping department to ensure this does not happen in the future.

We are very pleased that our management team worked to rectify the issues during your stay. All of us here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us.

Parking is available at a fee of $19 per night per car in our parking garage located accross Dundas Street from the hotel.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shopping options and an unlimited amount of restaurants to choose from.

We would be honoured to accommodate you again during your next visit to Toronto!

There are newer reviews for Bond Place Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We love the location relative to walking to the Elgin Theater and Ross Petty`s great shows . Our room had a Queen and 2 single beds which is perfect for our family needs . Beds were quite comfy . We found it too conveniant for Eaton Centre shopping and will dread my bride`s next month credit card .

Room Tip: get a higher floor if possible for noise reasons
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are so happy to hear you were pleased with your accommodations. We do have large rooms such as the room with one queen bed and two single beds like what you were in during your stay as they are perfect for families or guests that desire more spacious accommodations.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shops to choose from and an unlimited number of restaurants.

We would be honoured to accommodate you and your family during your next visit to Toronto.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed at the Bond Place Hotel January 2013 after a recommendation from one of my husbands colleagues. Our Business Queen room was situated on the 17th floor and had an amazing city view! The room was modern, clean and spacious. Our flight to Toronto was delayed for several ours and we arrived at about 23 PM. This was no problem at all. We had a nice stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend because of it's great location. However we do agree with other quest reviews that the staff has to be more, welcoming, attentive and polite.

Room Tip: Make sure you book an upgraded room since they are more spacious + free WiFi and request for a room...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MurielleWF
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in one of our business queen rooms that include free wifi in the cost of the room and the view that came with the room.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, hundreds of places to shop including the Eaton Center and an unlimited amount or restaurants.

Our team regularly undergoes customer service training as we are constantly striving to improve the service we provide to our guests.

We invite you to return to the Bond Place Hotel as we would be honored to accommodate you again and show you how much all of here truly care about each an every guest.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed for two nights and perused the Trip Advisor reviews before making the reservation. I gleaned that it might improve our experience to book a business queen, because those rooms include free wifi access and are mostly on the higher floors which potentially could eliminate a lot of noise issues. I booked the room from the Bond Place website (instead of using a travel site, like Orbitz or Expedia). I requested that our room be on the 18th (top) floor, in the corner, and away from the elevators. I got exactly what I requested. The room was not large, but we liked the modern decor and it was clean and comfortable,The hotel was easy to get to from Union Station on the subway and centrally located for shopping and exploring. I felt I got a good value for the price and will stay at the Bond Place again next time I'm in Toronto.

Room Tip: Business queen rooms on the higher floors can be quieter. Be sure to make your request when you book...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our business queen rooms which include free wifi access as well as our suites. We are also pleased to hear that our team were able to accommodate your request to be on a higher floor.

We look forward to your return to the Toronto area and would be honored to accommodate you during your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here for two nights just before heading out to an airport hotel. I knew from my years living in downtown Toronto to not expect a large room, and I was right, but I was impressed with the apparent remodel of the room. Both rooms I had (will explain shortly) were very clean, tastefully decorated, and good for my sleeping needs. As a solo traveler I was fine but I think had I been traveling with someone else or if my stay was longer, I might have found the walls a bit too confining.

Early evening on my first night the room next to me had what seemed like several people staying there and I was getting a lot of smoke, not from cigarettes either, enter my room. Once the nausea started I went to the front desk and though they tried to pinpoint the exact source of the "smoke" we deduced that it could really come from any room. I was impressed that they came to my floor to check this out and when I explained I still had two work days left and if I could be moved to another floor, it was done without hesitation. I was only in my room less than ten mins when a gentleman knocked with a new room card for me.

This hotel, as others have stated is in a Central location. The Eaton Centre is mere steps away as well as the major subway station, Dundas. One can walk the downtown core from here and accessibility to other parts of the city is easy via transit. Plenty of food/coffee options all within mins from this hotel as well.

For me, I think this hotel would be best suited to someone who is in town to do a shopping trip; a wedding or business with plans only to use the room for sleeping. It is not really the type of room with expansive sitting areas to unwind an read in, or even entertain. Both rooms only had one desk chair so when my friend popped by, he took that and I sat on the bed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing West and East are more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and experience at the Bond Place Hotel.

We renovated out hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We do have larger rooms and suites available for guests that desire more spacious accommodations.

We apologized greatly that you were disturbed by others from a neighboring room and we are very pleased to here that our team assisted you promptly to ensure you were comfortable during your stay.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shopping options and an unlimited amount of dining options near by.

We would be honored to accommodate you again in the future if you find yourself in the area.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The hotel is in a very central location, very close to the Eaton's Center and the busy downtown. The area directly around the hotel is a bit run-down looking but we felt safe. There was a wonderful breakfast place right around the corner - the Senator restaurant.
Our room was clean and tidy - not much extra space to walk around but if you just want a bed for the night in a close location, this is a good deal. We were able to stash our bags after checking out with the desk staff, sparing us from lugging them through the ice-laden streets on our way to breakfast. The checkout was fast and efficient and staff were friendly.
Water pressure was good in the shower, even on the 17th floor and facilities were clean and seemed newly updated.

Room Tip: We chose a business room since it was only a couple of dollars more, but there weren't too many...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous679
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right! We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of addtional shops to choose from and an unlimited amount of dining options. The Senator Restaurant is one of them located around the corner from the hotel.

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We do have larger rooms and suites available for those guests that desire more spacious accommodations.

All of us here at the Bond Place Hotel truly care about the happiness of each and every guest we encounter. We do offer luggage storage to guests free of charge in a locked room making it available to pick up any time you need.

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are nice and modern. The bed was super comfortable. The location is awsome. Very close to shopping, restaurants and the train line. Only one small issue was the charge for wifi, the only hotel on our trip that it wasn't free. Oh and the staff were very helpful, the Aussie concierge was great.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We are so please to here that you experienced a comfortable stay with us.

You are right! We are located in the heart of dowtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Center as well as hundreds of additional shops to choose from and an unlimited amount of dining options.

All of here at the Bond Place Hotel care greatly about the happiness of each and every guest that stays with us. We will be sure to share your comments with our Concierge as well as our entire team!

We would be honored to accommodate you during your next visit to Toronto.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.