“Good, not great”

Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Good, not great”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We spent a night at the Bond Place instead of driving to Aurora and staying with family. It may be a little unfair to review this hotel after our week at the Fairmont Banff Springs - where we were upgraded to a suite but the Bond Place was clean and OK for a quick trip. The room, a Queen Business Class is very small for two people. If we were staying for more than a night, I think we would have found it claustrophobic. The room was quiet, not hearing any noise from adjacent rooms or from the room above. We liked that the elevators required room keys, which helps keep transients out of the property. A huge plus for this hotel is the location - adjacent to Ryerson campus, a Balzec's cafe a block north and the humming Yonge Street and theatres a few streets over. Not someplace for a week in Toronto, but more than adequate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard B
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear REB250,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

You are absolutely right we are not able to compare ourselves to our a 5 star resort as we do not have the land, or beauty of mother nature to surround us. Banff is a gorgeous place to visit being as peaceful a place I have ever seen. With that said its very different from our City Center fast paced hotel.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the city of Toronto and took advantage of the location we are in.

If you do visit Toronto and stay with us again I would suggest trying out one of our bigger rooms, some of the rooms have plenty of space and different bed type options up to 3 beds in one room. The extra space is great for family visits, especially when you have a few pieces of luggage or shoppings bags to store. The upgrade prices are very modest increases depending on which type of room you are choosing and can really change your experience if you are someone who enjoys having some extra space.

Again, we thank you for sharing your comments about our hotel and for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at The Bond Place Hotel over the weekend, the service was outstanding and the staff at the hotel were professional, kind and gracious. We visited just for the weekend and the staff assisted us with our shuttle service, transportation in and around the city and took great care in recommending areas for us to visit. The room was lovely, very clean and we were provided a lovely view of Toronto. Once I had left and as I was boarding my flight back to the US, I realized my gold charm bracelet was not on my wrist, after a flight filled with panic as this bracelet not only holds monetary value but is a cherished irreplaceable piece of jewelry, I called the hotel and explained I was sure it had came off my arm while I was in bed. The staff immediately advised me they had my bracelet and would ship it to my home in the US. This gracious act of kindness and goodwill should impress upon anyone who is traveling that this is a hotel whose staff values their customers and possesses the greatest amount of honesty and kindness not always found in todays world. I cannot express my gratitude in words, this is by and far the best hotel I have ever visited and I would recommend Bond Place to anyone who is traveling to Toronto.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Patti J,

Thank you so much for your kind and lovely comments. We truly appreciate your review so thank you for taking the time to share them.

The Team and I were so pleased we were able to find your bracelet and send it back to you. We were so pleased we could do this for you as we know it meant a lot to you.

Your bracelet is in the mail and I hope you will receive it before you receive my message.

Again we really appreciate your wonderful comments and hope to see you here again soon!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Bond Place Hotel.
Kingston
Reviewed November 4, 2013

As a frequent traveller to five star hotels all across Canada in my business life I always look forward to a delightful change when I stay at the Bond Place in Toronto, where the friendly staff always recognize me. The location for visiting Toronto could not be better, right in the midst of both downtown and the transit system. It is within walking distance of a number of the best hospitals in Canada as well as a number of long term care facilities. The hotel is always exceptionally clean, there is a cafe on the premises and both a Starbucks and Tim Horton's right across the street. There is usually some activity going on in Dundas Square and you are one block from the Eaton's Centre as well as all the activity on Yonge Street. Zia is a man of magic, and can get you anything you need, always smiling and asking what he can do to help. Paul at the front desk, as well as other front desk staff are friendly, courteous and very helpful. As a frequent visitor I always look forward to seeing Paul who gives you a wave as you go in and out and always calls me by name. It is the personal touch that means so much. The rooms are small and there is not a lot of space if you wish to lounge around in your room all day however it is exactly what you need if you intend to spend a lot of time out of your room. It is not a luxurious hotel but neither are the prices. There are lots of young people around and visitors from many different countries but I have never encountered any noise concerns. I have always felt exceptionally secure both at the hotel and in the area.There is bus transportation to the downtown hotels from the airport and I often arrive very tired from a long flight. It is so nice to be greeted warmly, recognized, and know I can tuck into a nice clean room. I have already booked my next two visits! Thanks Paul.

Room Tip: There are various combinations of beds in rooms so be sure to ask for exactly what you need when boo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Marilyn B,

Thank you sharing your lovely comments regarding Zia and Paul. They are more appreciated and I know that the staff here would love to hear them. Of course they will be shared with everyone here.

We really appreciate you taking the time to post them and are pleased to hear you had a great visit.

Hope to see you here again really soon!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Best Location next to Eaton Center and the Tour Buses, the greek in front of the Hotel...super cheap and yummy!!! And the best part of the hotel Zia who is so polite and helpful, the ladies that offer the tours are incredible both

• Stayed October 2013
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Khidalgohotmail,

Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments about your experience! We truly appreciate it and hope when you visit Toronto again we will have the pleasure of you as our guest again.

Your comments about Zia are very kind and they will be shared with him and the rest of the team here, as I am sure they will be most pleased to hear them.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel and for being our Guest!
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My trip to Toronto was for 2 days and I organized my stay as 1 day Niagara Falls, 1 day Toronto downtown. Since I had a big luggage I wanted to leave it at Toronto Hotel so I could travel Niagara Falls easily. Leaving luggage is always welcomed in every hotel I have visited all around the world but just to make sure I called Bond Place prior to the booking and lady on the phone told me its ok to leave my suitcase.

When I arrived to the hotel on 25th of October just to leave my suitcase, the questioning reaction of the receptionist was derogatory and felt like she was doing a huge favor to me by accepting my luggage. Later on another receptionist came to pick my suitcase with a highly displeased manner.

After handing my luggage I realized that I had to get something from there and asked the second receptionist in a polite way to have my luggage back and he really got angry with me asking if am I going to continue asking for my luggage all day long back and forth. I was treated like a little child but not like a customer.

I stayed at the hotel on 26th and was staying on the 7th floor. I do not know if there was a some kind of teenage reunion on that floor because all day long people literally partied on the 7th floor alley and the worst part is in the middle of the night some people were knocking on our door and running away.

Well the location was good and that was the only reason I chose the hotel for 160$. But never again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Bilge C,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we really appreciate it as it gives us the opportunity to correct service provided and continue to improve daily.

The hotel accepts hundreds of pieces of luggage on a daily basis so I am very shocked to here that your bags were not taken with the same courtsey we provide daily. My sincere apologies for such an experience.

Regarding the youth that sounded like they were "hanging out" near by your room or in the hallways. I am so sorry you had these people disturbing you during your visit, we do have security on every single day patrolling the entire hotel including the corridors.

Anytime noise or other guests are causing a disturbance of any sort security can be called up and will ensure the problem guests are removed from the hotel. We have a strict no party policy in effect and do not allow any guests to create such a disturbance. Had the event been reported to us we would be able to pin point the issue and resolve it.

Again thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I would like to hear who you were speaking with that caused you to feel unwelcome so I may resolve it. Please feel free to call the hotel direct at (416)362-6061 and ask for the Front Office Manager.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Got got back from an amazing time in Toronto and the Bond Hotel with our friends. In the last 4 years the Bond Place is the only place I've ever stayed (5 times in one year!), mainly due to the location. No matter the weather you're only a few steps from the Dundas/Younge subway station. Rooms are very clean. Staff are very friendly from the front desk to the girls you meet in the hallway. My only complaint is the hot water. Long long time running but it'll come eventually, just in case you're wondering. I often say I will try another hotel next time but at reservation time I always book The Bond! The coffee (Americano) is fantastic in the café off the lobby!
Front of house staff means so much to me personally and every time I leave this hotel my last vision is always Donna. Another reason I keep coming back :)

Room Tip: When you read the reviews on The Bond keep an open mind especially the reviews that are not that gre...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

You are right. We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, the Eaton Centre as well as hundreds of additional shopping options and an unlimited number of dining options sure to please! The city's transportation system, the TTC, is literally outside our doors.

All of us here care greatly about each and every guest that stays with us and take great pride in the service we offer to our guests.

I do apologize the hot water took a few minutes to warm up for you. Depending on what floor your on it can take a few moments as the water has to travel multiple levels through the system to reach the guest rooms.

We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us from out front office staff to the restaurant in the lobby. We will definitely be sure to pass your comments along to Donna as well as the entire team here at the hotel.

We would be honored to accomodate you once again when you return to Toronto.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel again and again!