“Great location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Waterloo, Canada
“Great location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our room was quiet and clean, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good pressure. This is pretty much all we needed.

My husband and I shared a room with two more people and so the cost per person was quite low. The hotel is very close to the Eaton Center and subway stations.

The staff was friendly. One of them, Zia, was very helpful!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear CS1729,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us.

We really appreciate the lovely comments you have posted and are pleased to hear the team was taking such great care of your during your visit.

Glad to hear you were able to experience all the city has to offer and also your comments about Zia are very nice to hear and will be shared with the team.

We hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.

Thank you again for Choosing the Bond Place Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel is pretty good overall. I have been going there for years now. It has significantly improved its services in years. Rooms are beautiful. Trendy and modern styled rooms are a treat. Although there is no pool, the location is very good. Just steps away from Dundas square and Eaton Center.

Zia works there and if you ever have any questions or concerns, just let him know! Every time I go he is there for me whenever I need. Just ask him and consider it done.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Sam the Great,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments about Zia. He is a great asset and member of our team!

We really appreciate your comments and are pleased to hear that you enjoy your stays here. We are pleased that the updates on our service provided on site are to your liking and we really appreciate your feedback to help us continue to grow.

Your comments will be shared with the rest of the team as well!

All the best, and we hope to see you staying here again with us!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel, we really love having you stay with us.
Surrey, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Unfortunately this hotel was a bad experience for me. I could hear people talking outside, the elevators are key card operated ( which never seemed to work properly), and the staff were unhelpful. Will never stay again nor would I recommend it.

3 Thank Ilona S
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Ilona S,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback about your stay.

First of all I want to apologize for any confusion experienced with the key system. They can take a moment to get use to but are in place to ensure non-guests are not able to access the floors of the hotel, allowing for the most safe environment for your stay. The most important thing to remember is that the light must flash green before you can select your floor.

Regarding the noise in the halls, we do have security on site each and every night and would be more than happy to send them up to specific floors when required by our guests, asking other guests to keep the noise levels down. They do regularly patrol the property as well over night.

We really are sorry your stay with interrupted by other guests and hope you will consider us in the future.

Our tip on a return stay: Request a higher floor/corner room and we would gladly placed you in a corner on one of the top floors which has less hall way traffic and thus allows for a peaceful night in your room.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Bond Hotel was disappointing to me as a business traveller. The hotel was clean and staff were friendly, however their attempt at a modern and trendy style fell flat. The rooms reminded me of my university dorm room, small and sparsely decorated. The wood flooring may be easy to keep clean, but I could hear every footstep of the lady wearing high heels in the room above mine. The hotel is located close to the Eaton Centre and downtown but is a bit off the beaten track and the area seemed a bit sketchy at night. For the $217 that I paid, I was expecting something nicer. As a frequent traveller to the city, I know there are nicer hotels in Toronto which are just as well located so I will not be returning to the Bond Place Hotel.

1 Thank Lisa H
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us about your stay. We are happy to hear your comments regarding the staff and cleanliness of the hotel rooms.

Our sincere apology for the noisey heels above you, and please know had we been aware we could have gladly moved you to another room on the 18th floor so that no one would be above you.

Also please note if you visit bondplace. ca you can find great early bird deals which will allow you to reserve with us at a lower price.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the future in one of our larger upgraded rooms. I believe the Jr. Queen Suite would be the perfect room with lots of extra space and a small desk area and living room if you need to bring your work with you. This room also includes wifi, and some other extras which would have made your stay perfect.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you will give The Bond Place a future stay in a Jr Suite.
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel is very very well located. A block from the Eaton centre, the Dundas square and walking distance to the AGO. The rest of the city is easy access through the subway and buses/trams.

The hotel service was impeccable! We were greater by friendly and courteous service. The room was ready upon arrival, even though we were before checking in time.

The room was clean and spacious enough for two, although there was no sitting area.

All in all, it was a great stay. However, because we were there during the tiff, the rate was too high for what we got. Would probably return under a regular rate, but for that price, we expected a lot better accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VeronicaM020
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bond Place is a well kept hotel very close to the King & Yonge Subway station. We left the car at home and took the VIA Rail to Toronto and traveled by foot to theatre, CN Tower and hotel. The lobby is very classy and clean. The staff extremely friendly. The room was great. We had a Queen Bed and two singles for a family of four which was perfect. One TV to share. View of Toronto from the 11th floor was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Itzmoi,

Thank you sharing your experience and comments with us. They are most appreciated and we are thankful for the time you have taken to post them.

Yes we are located in the middle of the city and are literally beside the subway (1 minute walk to the Dundas and Yonge subway station which is in the middle of Dundas Square).
The hotel is located on Dundas with the main intersection being Yonge and Dundas.

King and Yonge is only about 6 minute walk south from our hotel.

We are pleased ot hear you were able to take in all the city has to offer! Glad you enjoyed, we hope you will be staying with us on your next visit to Toronto.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This review has nothing to do with this hotel. I booked the hotel through Expedia.ca which I have used in the past it was simple and I naively believed they did get me the best price. \
After booking my hotel through Expedia I noticed their price guarantee and was curious if they were the lowest price. So I went directly to the hotel web site and looked at their best rate. It was $ 20 per night cheaper for the exact same room in the same hotel. With in the 24 hours you have to make a claim I did so a total of 3 times. Each what appears to be an automated bot denied my claim. The denial was generic and did not address anything specific to my claim so I am sure they reject all claims and never pay out.
Expedia price guarantee is a farce.
Expedia does not have the lowest prices and it seems they never even look at a claim. It is just automatically rejected.

Again no beef with the Bond Place hotel but I will never deal with Expedia again.

They did not honour my legitimate claim and never called or followed up beyond the canned bot denial.

Do Not Deal with Expedia.ca - they are not the cheapest and they do not honour their price guarantee so image if you had a problem that was more than $ 20 you will get screwed on that for sure.

Avoid Expedia.ca