“I would stay again!!”

Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada
“I would stay again!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had stayed 3 nights at the Bond and found it to be great! The price was great considering how convenient it was to go to hospitals, shopping and eating. I liked the elevator feature where you had to insert your room key for access to our room - a great security feature. Very accomodating staff in the restaurant - I am lactose intolerant - and Zia was very informative in the lobby with any questions we had.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda O
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Linda O,

Thank you so much for such lovely comments and feedback about our hotel and our staff. We are so happy you enjoyed being right in the middle of the city and from the sounds of it were able to take advantage of everything the city has to offer.

We are so pleased to hear such comments about Zia. He is a wonderful asset to our team and I am glad that he was able to assist you the best he could.

We really hope you will choose to stay with us again here at The Bond Place Hotel when you visit Toronto again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I felt that this hotel was not worth the price we paid, and in hindsight, would have paid a little extra for something much nicer. Although the location is convenient, I found the staff very unwelcoming. The rooms were not very nice and the fan in the room smelled badly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Adele B
Dear Adele B,

We really do appreciate your feedback and would like to find out more information if you would not mind sharing with us. We take your comments seriously and would like to ensure the staff in all departments are welcoming you in every which way.

Your experience allows up to improve and make necessary changes on a regular basis to continue to improve the service provided to you, our guest.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the property and were able to enjoy your visit to the city.

If you could be so kind to inform me of your room number as well I will be able to have the issue with the fan resolved for all future guests.

Please email me at info@bondplace.ca if you have the time, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.
Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been staying in brand name hotels in Toronto forever, but a friend recommended Bond Place. When I looked at the price I thought it would be a dive, but thought I would give it a shot, thinking I could leave after one night if it didn't work out. Best move I have made in hotels in a long time, other than the Blue Horizon in Vancouver.

I had a little problem with the website so sent an email to the guest services manager. She made sure I got my corporate rate and my booking was done. I will admit that the rooms are quite small but they are spotless. Bonus is that the windows open and there is a fridge in the room also. Business rooms include free wifi, breakfast and water service. I liked that the floors are not carpeted.. Rooms are bright and newly renovated with nice modern plumbing and I think the entire hotel has only LED or CFL lighting.

My room was fine for a solo traveler but I do not know if they have larger rooms, which I would want if I was travelling with another person. My sis joined me for one night and we just got another room for her but it was still about the same price as one room to accommodate both of us would have been at the places I normally stay.

The restaurant on the main level serves a decent breakfast but you should also try the Senator, which is less than 2 minutes from the hotel. The night my sister stayed over she arrived a bit later than expected and was a little tired so I asked the concierge about the restaurant since we just wanted a nice meal and a glass of wine to catch up. The restaurant is not licensed, however he spoke with the manager and they set us up at a corner table in the very comfy lobby with our own bottle of wine and we had a very simple meal along with it .. nicely cooked chicken kabobs with rice and baba ganoush and fresh salads served to us by the owner. It was perfect for what we needed and the staff were so great.

It's not the Ritz Carlton, but it is a clean, safe, comfortable hotel in the center of Toronto with exceptionally friendly staff. I'd stay here again definitely. For the difference in price from what I normally, I had nice dinners every night I was in the city.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the higher floors if you can. I had room 1817. The website says you have a lake vie...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aceone,

Thank you for you sharing your experience and lovely comments. We are so pleased we were able to make your stay.

It was our pleasure to asssit you in any way we could and I am so glad you had a fantastic stay with us. The lovely comments about the staff will be shared with the rest of the team.

Your comments and feedback are truly appreciated. We hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 2, 2013

If you are looking to hang around downtown then this hotel will do the job for you.
very friendly staff.
We got the business room because we wanted free internet, however they limit access to maximum 2 devices.
The location is very continent.
Negative: lots of noise ( police cars,ambulances,firefighters....)
Very small room considering we got their business room.

Room Tip: Check with hotel for the size of the room, I got he business room but was disappointed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mehrani7
Dear Mehrani7,

Thank you so much for posting your comments about your experience and stay with us.

We really appreciate your comments about the staff and they will be shared with our team.

For the internet upon request we can issue you more than two codes if your inform us you have more devices. This is not a problem at all and we are more than happy to extend internet codes per room when you have WIFI included with your stay.

I really hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future, and I suggest you try one of our Jr. Suites. The Queen Jr. Suite room includes internet and is very spacious. This room also includes a sofa which has a pull out in case you have additional guests. This type of room is not much more than a business queen and is really worth the difference when you want some extra space as well all of these rooms are located on higher floors and tend to be very quiet as the street noise is floors away.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel and I hope to see you stay with us again in the near future.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed there for two nights on the 10th floor. Room was small but okay with vinyl floors. Noisy air conditioner which was right next to the bed and blowing directly onto your head. The restaurant was okay but limited in its menu with no alcohol licence. The staff were friendly and helpful. The doorman was especially friendly and helpful. Handy to Dundas Place and the Eaton Center. If you just want a room this will suit.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Serena S, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments and experience about your time at the Bond Place Hotel.

We renovated our hotel approximately 2 years ago utilizing the space of each room to its fullest potential. We greatly apologize if the air conditioning unit was of any inconvenience to you during your stay.

We are located in the heart of downtown Toronto placing you close to all major attractions, the Eaton Centre as well as hundreds of other stores to choose from and an umlimited amount of dining options sure to please any palette.

There is a restaurant called the Pomanar located in the lobby area although it is owned separately from the hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with the restaurant staff.

I will be sure as well to pass your kind comments along to the hotel staff as well. All of here at the Bond Place Hotel care a great deal about every guest that stays with us and take great pride in the service we offer to our guests. We have staff on site 24 hours per day to assist you anytime you desire.

We would be honored to accomodate you and your family if you are ever to return to the city of Toronto.

Thank you so much again for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!
Edinburgh
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was worried about booking this; many of the hotels in Toronto seemed very expensive for not much value, and this one seemed to be a reasonable price but some reviewers indicated it was in a bad area. I am glad I went for it; it was a good find. Very central- basically just off the main square which is the Toronto equivalent of Times Square. I was worried it would be noisy but was fine, although this may have been because we were on the 18th floor! Staff were friendly, checkin was efficient and they booked us a day trip to Niagara which was fun. The room was fine for what we needed - we didn't really spend much time there- and the place felt secure and clean. Overall it did exactly what we needed for a lot less than other places. Happy to recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments with us about your stay and experience at our hotel. We truly appreciate all your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed the hotel and found it to be fairly marketed.

We thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel and hope you will choose us again when your next visiting the hotel.
Berkeley, CA
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room and public spaces were very clean. However, the staff's good efforts do not make up for the design problems with the facility. The room was small (smaller than it appeared in the pictures), as was the bed. There was barely space for one chair, and no place to relax. Also, there was no privacy in the bathroom. The bathroom door was a glass sliding door, which did not stay shut, and left the bathroom visible to the bed via the mirror. I would not recommend this hotel unless you plan to use the room only for sleeping. However, even for that, there appear to be places nearby that are similar quality and less expensive, particularly considering that wi-fi and parking are not included in the standard price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Neil G
“Dear Neilmg,

We truly appreciate the time you took to post your feedback and comments based on your visit. Thank you for the lovely comment regarding our staff and service. I do apologize that the room was not up to your preference. We have recently renovated our hotel with a European design and décor. We also have deluxe rooms & suites that are more spacious that you can take advantage of on your next visit. Upon your comment, we had called several hotels in the downtown core and found parking rates were more expensive then ours. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi access in our business queen & junior suites; also we have 2 complimentary computers that are located in the lobby for our guests. We hope to see you again and have a wonderful day.

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel