“Not the best hotel...and I've been to a lot of hotels.”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Not the best hotel...and I've been to a lot of hotels.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

First and farmost the pictures that they have on their website look NOTHING like what the rooms look like. The rooms are SO tiny and small, there is literally only room for the bed and nothing else. The hotel grounds itself are pretty old, and while you're walking in the hallway to your room, you almost feel like you're walking through some run down cheap motel..... They seemed to only have 2 elevators as well that took forever to get to each floor, so each time you'd want to go up/down the elevator would be packed with people.

Another thing was the rooms are not sound proof at all. While you're in your room, you could hear people talking in the hallways VERY clearly. The beds aren't that comfortable, the hotels/rooms are not up to date, and it is not soundproof AT ALL (you could hear everything from the busy city to the people walking in the hallways). Service was ok, and the location is prime, but it's not enough to bring my review of this hotel up any higher. I don't think I'd ever find myself back at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Elle S
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for posting your review as we truly appreciate it. All of here at the Bond Place Hotel strive to improve all our property has to offer on a continual basis. The property has been her for some time although we did renovate our hotel in entirety 2 years ago and utilized the space of each room to its fullest potential. We do have larger rooms and suites available for those guests that desire more spacious accommodations. We have 3 elevators within the hotel and one of them was out of service but it has since been repaired and all 3 elevators are fully operational. We apologize greatly that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. There are guest rooms facing the side street to provide a quieter stay. Here at the Bond Place Hotel there is staff on site to assist your 24 hours per day with security on site through night time hours. Just a quick phone call by dialing “0” and there is someone to assist you with a smile. Even if there is noise being heard in the hallway please do not hesitate to call for assistance and will be there for you!

We do pride ourselves at the Bond Place Hotel for our location being right in the heart of downtown Toronto close to all major attractions, unlimited shopping options from the Eaton Centre to boundless shops up Yonge Street and hundreds of restaurants. We welcome you to return to our hotel and allow us the honor of accommodating you and your family once again. Please call the hotel directly and we will be more than happy to arrange accommodations for you facing the side street to ensure an enjoyable stay.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed August 13, 2013

As far as 3 star hotels go, this was definitely the cleanest and more modern of the lot. The other thing that this hotel has going for itself is the proximity to Dundas Square and the East Dundas Subway Station. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants convenience and a good clean room. The only annoyance is the lack of free wi-fi (they have a paid service), I was not too bothered as I had a data connection on my phone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Desmond D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are pleased you enjoyed the location and were able to take advantage of the city.

We hope you will stay with us again when you are next in Toronto. Please choose one of our business class rooms or suites as they all include wifi with room and avoid the additonal charges.

Thank you again for choosing the Bond Place Hotel and sharing your comments with us!

We hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband is going to be a patient of StMike's hospital at the end of the month for brain surgery. We were given a list of hotels from the hospital that give compassion rates to families of patients. This hotel was on the list. I inquired about booking a room they told me I couldn't get the compassion rate ($79-$89/night) that it would be $136/night because it was the busy season. I was appalled. Apparently compassion has black out dates.

Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Averysma
Dear Averysma,

I do apologize for any misunderstaning that has occured over the phone. I know you have not actually stayed at the property and would like to share the information that was misunderstood.

We do have a compassionate rate and that was the rate offered to you which is discounted largely.

We do not have such a low rate as you quoted during any season. The compassionate rate is much cheaper than our regular best available rate and is therefore only offered with some evidence of a hospital visit. Please visit our website for pricing information to view regular rates available.

Please contact the hotel if you need to know what would qualify as hospital visit information.

I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and would really appreciate if you could call the hotel and share with us who had informed you of such rates as they are far below any rate offered at our hotel.

We do not have black out dates but are sold out on many dates during the end of August as well as the beginning of September.

I hope what I have shared assists with the misunderstanding and confusion as we offer a compassionate rate each and every day. Once sold out we can not accomodate anyone.

Please call the hotel directly at (416)362-6061 and ask to speak with the Front Office Manager or Reservations Supervisor for further information about the compassionate hospital rate offered. We would love to reserve a room for you at the appropriate rate.

Thank you, and we hope to hear from you soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel is fairly basic, but our room was functional and very clean. The desk staff were very helpful and friendly, giving us directions to various places.
The breakfast was well cooked, but not always what was ordered, I ordered the vegetarian omelette on the first morning and this came with ham in (luckily I'm not actually vegetarian). Also, the same 2 breakfasts on consecutive mornings were charged at different prices.
The area appears to be undergoing some kind of regeneration, but the hotel is steps away from the main entertainment and shopping centre.
Overall, this is a hotel I would stay in again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Celesius,

Thank you for sharing your comments and feedback about your stay with us at the Bond Place.

We really appreciate you taking the time share your experience.

I do apologize for the errors made by the restaurant and will pass the feedback on to the management of the Restaurant as they are not operated nor owned by the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your feed back we hope you will stay with us again in the near future!

Thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 11, 2013

On a recent trip to Toronto, my wife and I stayed at the Bond Place Hotel due to its central location and TripAdvisor rating.

Be advised that if you arrive in the late afternoon, the parking garage could be full and you are on your own to negotiate a price with the 'open' parking lot across the street. We checked-in and found out-of-service elevators and of the one working, the key-card reader that allowed it to operate was extremely sensitive and cumbersome (we noticed that every person using it had difficulty).

Upon entering the "Business Queen Bed" room, I surmised that this was equivalent to a small European business hotel (of which I've had plenty of experience); just enough room to walk around the bed and nothing more with little or no room for luggage. The facilities were OK, typical low-flow water. The ice machines were every other floor so it was necessary to head down a floor every time we wanted ice. The coffee maker had been mis-used by the previous guest (they put the coffee grinds in the water reservoir) and had to be replaced.

We didn't use the restaurant associated with the hotel, but rather enjoyed the wonderful ambiance and food at the "Senator" just around the corner on Victoria Street – excellent coffee and house-smoked salmon!

My wife and I commented to each other that we found this property to be somewhat "odd"; not a dump, but obviously a lot of wear & tear – clean but worn. I wouldn't consider this hotel for any kind of romantic-weekend getaway, fine for families and those on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Patrick S,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we greatly appreciate the time you took to post them.

We do apologize regarding the elevators, they are all repaired and in working order. Our service provider was not able to assist in having them working until Monday. We thank you for your understanding and promise we do take such issues very seriously. The service call had been in place on Friday when the issue occurred.

When using our elevators the safety device of having the key reader swipe does require all guests to swipe the room key and wait for a green light to allow the floor to be selected. Main thing to remember is the green light gives you the go ahead. A slow swipe usually gives you a green light.

Thank you again for sharing your comments as they do assist the hotel to continue to improve our standards.

We thank you for staying with us at the Bond Place Hotel and hope you will stay with us again in the future.
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Bond Place hotel from July 11th to the 16th. We had a little trouble finding the entrance and the hotel itself but as soon as we walked in we were impressed by the lobby. Our check in was prompt and friendly and because we arrived earlier than expected we were given an early check in (we had to switch from two beds to a queen bed but neither of us cared because we were so tired from our long train ride). Note: There is an extra charge applied to your credit card ($130 I believe) that is for incurred damages but it IS refunded to you once you check out of the hotel. The lady at the front desk did not explain what the extra charge was for (I was so tired that I forgot to ask) but when I inquired about it later the staff happily explained the process to me. The rooms are small but comfortable! There was plenty of room for my friend and I. We loved the decor, the huge TV, and over all cleanliness of the room (the cleaning lady for our floor was so friendly and would greet us each morning). The downsides are the noisy toilets, no adhesive mats in the bathroom (huge hazard), and the washroom door offered little privacy and was noisy. The elevators were annoyingly slow but I didn't let it bother me too much (I was on vacation after all!). The location of this hotel is amazing! It is almost in the heart of Toronto's "Time Square", the Eaton Center, and many restaurants. I probably would not recommend the hotel for larger families (it might be too small) but the hotel itself is excellent for younger people (we are in our mid twenties and saw many others who were similar in age). However, we did see others on business and a few older couples who appeared as comfortable as we were. As someone who is from a small community in NL, Canada and who is used to friendly people, I was really blown away by how accommodating the staff was to us and to the other guests. The kindness, cleanliness, and location would definitely bring me back to his hotel in the future (no matter how loud their toilets are!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review based on your visit to the Bond Place Hotel.

We greatly appreciate all feedback we receive from our guests. We renovated our hotel and utilized the space of each room to its fullest potential providing a comfortable stay for our guests.

We greatly apologize if the imenities provided in the bathroom within your guest room caused any inconvenience to you. We will be sure to inform the maintenance department of the noise caused by the toilet and bathroom door. We are currently looking at upgrading the mechanism on our bathroom doors to ensure they work smoothly and more quietly.

We take great pride in our location and are very pleased that you were able to take advantage of being right in the heart of downtown Toronto, just minutes away from shopping centers, major tourist attractions and hundreds of fabulous restaurants.

For those guests that desire a accommodations providing a larger room with more space we do offer larger rooms and suites. We take great pride in the service we offer to our guests as we care deeply about each and every guest that stays with us and do our upmost to provide an enjoyable stay for all.

Thank you so much for choosing the Bond Place Hotel, we look forward to having the honour of accommodating you on your next visit to downtown Toronto.

We hope you enjoy the remainder of your summer!
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Reviewed August 7, 2013

this is a very functional, no frills hotel that sits in the prime activity corridor of downtown TO. Since we didn't go to visit Toronto and sit in our room, served our purposes well. great pricing, safe to walk in vicinity alone in the evenings. the customer service is pretty much non-existent-- what concierge???? had booked through hotels.com and prepaid, so there was no hassle. room was clean, spacing on comparison to european hotels, so americans may feel cramped and let down. take a refreshing walk to Yonge St. instead! one elevators wasn't working during visit and couldn't be fixed due to union strike. so it goes! had cool view from our 11th floor room that was a plus. there are some odd mood lighting "touches" in the room and our bathroom didn't have towel racks-- go figure? AC was a little erratic-- ran too cold or got warm during the night. still bearable, though.

Room Tip: higher up is a better view, of course. would also suggest going for a room that overlooks the Dunda...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your review with us as it is most appreciated. There is a concierge onsite until 5:30pm and they are always ready and willing to assist with any questions or needs about the area. After 5:30pm the front desk staff here at the Bond Place Hotel are ready to assist anyone in need of directions, suggestions on points of interest, dining, etc. We renovated our hotel in entirety approximately 2 years ago and we utilized the space of each room to its fullest potential. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience that was caused by one of our elevators being out of service. The lighting in our guest rooms are energy saving bulbs and once they are on for a few moments they brighten. The elevator since has been repaired and is fully operational. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our maintenance department to ensure the air conditioning is operating sufficiently. We greatly appreciate you feedback as we constantly strive to improve the service we provide to our guests. We thank you for choosing the Bond Place Hotel, we look forward to having you stay with us once again. Enjoy the rest of your summer!