“Good Location”
Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #58 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location in the heart of Toronto. We were able to walk to shops and restaurants. The room was small but clean and warm. The hotel was quiet and the staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan D
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback and review on the Bond Place Hotel.

We really appreciate your comments and are happy you enjoyed our fabulous location. We can't wait to see you again in the near future!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,759)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My stay at the Bond Place was great. There was coffee and a refridgerator in the room, and the gym on the 2nd floor was good! The bed was very comfortable, and I slept well.

The front desk staff were really helpful, especially Sam. He advised me that my flight to Northern Ontario had been cancelled and called the airport, a taxi, and connected me with a family member to advise him that the flight would be delayed by one day.

I really appreciate the service that I received!

Thanks, Julcsa

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Julcsa_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post an amazing review based on your experience during your stay. I’m really happy to hear that Sam was a great assistance to some of the challenges you were facing due to your flight cancellation. We will definitely pass on the message to Sam and to our front desk agents. I can reassure you Sam and the rest of our staff at the Bond Place Hotel will be looking forward to have the opportunity to accommodate you and your family on your next visit to Toronto. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this hotel with my girlfriend for the pride weekend through booking.com, found a great deal. Was a bit skeptical at first seeing the outside of the hotel as it does not look to inviting. We checked in and got to our room. I was surprised, the room is very clean and the lighting that is situated in the room such as just above the bed and under the t.v contrasts very well with the blue interior design. I would recommend this hotel for couples as the room has a more romantic cozy feel. Staff were nice, the cleaning staff were very polite and courteous. The location is right in the heart of downtown Toronto. The only thing I did not like, the room was a little smaller than I would have liked, the key card takes a while until it will scan so you can get into your room or in the elevator, and the noise from the music playing on Dundas square in the late/early mornings, though you would expect it for being in the heart of Toronto.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We are soo happy to hear your lovely comments about the Bond Place Hotel after your stay with us. Your comments will be shared with the rest of the team and we truly hope to see you here again on your next visit to Toronto.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel. And for sharing your wonderful experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's OK, but should be cheaper. The bathroom wasn't very clean, there was hair on the floor, in the tub, in the sink and on the counter- as well as water spots and soap scum. I had them come reclean the bathroom and it still wasn't the way I like it but whatever. The floor in the shower was cracked and uneven. The shower door doesn't close so when you shower it soaks the tile floor in the bathroom and makes it very slippery, there are no non slip mats. Also the towels are oddly small. The lament floor in the small room looked a little off, I'd imagine it's hard to get clean looking, I just wore my flip flops. It's all pressed Ikea stuff that looks great in pictures but not so nice up close. I always check the bed for bedbugs (None!) and when I did the sheet they used instead of a fitted sheet didn't cover the mattress all the way... I could see bare mattress, which was odd but it was clean! The rooms aren't very sound proof, anything that's happening on the street or in the hall is heard in your room. The front desk staff was very nice though and the restaurant made REALLY great coffee. I'd pay $89 a night for this room, not the $129 I was charged. Good location depending on your plans!

2  Thank Heather M
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

“Dear Heather M,

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your feedback regarding your stay. I’m happy to hear our location was a convenience for your visit in Toronto. I also have brought your detailed observations to our executive housekeeping manager and we will carefully review the mentioned discrepancies to improve our facilities for our valued guests.

Just to mention, we offer early bird specials, and low-online promotion rates when you book on our hotel's website! Take advantages of our featured packages and deals next time you plan to stay at the Bond Place Hotel. We will be happy and looking forward to accommodate you again in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I would recommend this hotel anyone wanting to stay in a five-star hotel for an affordable price. The room are beautiful and very clean! The staff, especially the front desk managers, are willing to go the extra mile to make your stay pleasant. This definitely won't be my last time staying at The Bond!

• Stayed: June 2013
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Spicegoodess,

Thank you so much for your lovely review on The Bond Place Hotel. We truly appreciate the feedback and your comments will be passed on to our team and I am sure they will be happy to see them.

We hope to see you again in the near future and would love to know when your returning next.
Please give us a call before your next visit! (416) 362-6061

Again, thank you for choosing the Bond Place as your Downtown Toronto Hotel.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just left the Bond Place 2 days early because my husband hurt his back and was in severe pain! We had booked 2 rooms ( friends were with us) , through Orbitz. We called Orbitz immediately last night to see about a refund ( non refundable rate), and they were fine with it, however, the managers at the hotel, Joyce and Serena were SO unsympathetic to our situation !! The decision was theirs and they chose to. NOT refund our rooms . We stayed 1 of the 3 nights booked. We were told to wait till this morning for the"big" decision from the manager . So instead of getting the medical care my husband needed, we stayed and got the BIGGEST run around ever!! Nothing that was promised by the manager was done and we kept being told she would be down to see us and never came down!! The 2 front desk girls ( janet and harika kept putting there 2 cents in and it didn't concern them at all!! Definitely there is NO regard for the customer in this hotel!! If you want to deal with RUDE staff, this would be the place!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Kimmi899
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Kimmi899

Our apologies you feel this way after departing the hotel, as we had informed you that the rate booked was in fact a non-refundable rate, and we understand that the back pain for your husband was caused by driving to Canada and therefore you wanted to drive back home immediately upon arrival to the hotel. As well you had mentioned other reasons you wanted to depart.

The rate was offered at a deep discount as it stipulated the rate was guaranteed and not refundable in any circumstances. We do understand that your main concern was why a friend you also had with you at the hotel was able to cancel the rest of her stay. She had booked a rate with another online website that offered a cancelation as her rate was not booked as guaranteed - nor was it offered at a further discount.

Management did meet with you several times and did inform that it was a non-refundable rate. The policy is in place to offer and accommodate our savvy guests with the ability to receive discounts when completely sure you will be in Toronto for your stay.

The company you had reserved with had not actually called us back and this is what was looked, as they can refund you separately from the hotel in extreme circumstances and this is not what they had offered.

The staff at the hotel only tried to assist in the situation and we are sorry you felt that any one may have been rude to you during your stay.

Again our most sincere apologies for any misunderstanding.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Location is the biggest plus. Right at yonge and Dundas, and if you're bored, is your own fault. Great location if you're in Toronto and want to walk around and enjoy the city.

Rooms are nice but very small. But if you're planning to spend time in your room,you're missing the point of being at that location. Super friendly staff, very helpful. Very nice decor, but ,issuing some of the small touches. Plastic glasses kind of spoil what they're trying to do.

Gym is very small, not much equipment but its newer. Problem is that the room is very hot with little air circulation. And oly one of the televisions worked in the gym.

I was on the third floor, thought the street noise would be bad but not at all.

Beds were fine. Linen was a little coarse, one of the small things they could fix to give it more of a boutique feel. Another thing would be to redecorate the hallways on the floors. It's really the oly place that hasn't had a facelift, and it shows.

All in all, great value for the location.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be quieter.

Dear Vitamin B,

Thank you for taking the time to post an amazing review based on your experience at our hotel.
We certainly are located in the heart of the downtown core, where we are just steps away from the major tourist attractions, shopping centre, restaurants etc. We are happy to hear you took advantage of all Toronto has to offer.
To ensure the best quality for our guests, we have renovated the entire hotel and I am really glad to hear that you have noticed our unique décor and structure of our rooms.
We definitely will and are on the process of updating our facilities and our property for the benefit of our valued guests. We look forward to having the opportunity to accommodate you in the future, and for your next visit be sure to check out our Deluxe rooms which are more spacious. Have yourself a wonderful summer and we hope to see you again soon!