“OK place”

Ranked #56 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Munich, Germany
“OK place”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location of the hotel is perfect, the room was clean and good enough. The price was high, even higher than our hotel in New York just a few blocks away from Times Square. Toronto is not New York, Dundas Square is not Times Square, so we are missing the rationale for the rates here. We picked this hotel because we had only 2 nights in Toronto, and did not want to loose time getting around. The info desk at the hotel was not helpful at all. When we asked where we can buy some water, the lady said that they have machines downstairs. When she realised we are not interested, she just said "of course you can also buy somewhere on the street". She simply tried to sell their tours and services, rather than being helpful to someone who is new in the city. if we ever go back to Toronto again, we would choose an accommadition around China town I believe. There are more options to eat and shop in that area.

2 Thank festival33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed in April, 2013. Was given an extremely small TWIN bed room for three people. Was told I could upgrade for $20 more a night. I made an agreement with the night manager that instead of paying the upgrade fee, I would only stay 3 of the 4 days. He agreed. After I left on the monring of the forth day, I was charged the upgrade fee. Very underhanded. I called and spoke with the night manager and he denied ever making the agreement. I asked the actual hotel manager to call me. I called three more times and left messages. Finally got her on the fourth time. Not at all professional.
As my title reads, I was very dissappointed.

Room Tip: Be very selective with this hotel. Get the room you need in writing and don't trust the managem...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Nancy3918,

We are sorry you feel this way, as we had explained previously the room you received was exactly what had been reserved for you. The standard twin room.

Our hotel does have many room types available and therefore the upgraded room was offered to you which is normally $30.00 more per night and instead to somewhat assist the situation the manager on duty had discounted the upgrade to $20.00 per night and only charged the upgrade of $20 per night for the first three nights. Unfortunately with such discounted rates with our online partners we could not discount the upgraded room further for you.

As we previously discussed departing one night early would not be something that would assist the hotel or help discount your room in anyway and thus is not something the hotel would offer our guests.

The offer provided to you still stands if you will return to Toronto and stay with us on your next visit.

Thank you for staying with us, and we genuinely hope you will return so we can take care of you.

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Having picked this based on Trip Advisor reviews, we were not disappointed! We found the location very convenient to walk to restaurants and see the city sights in the area. We found the concierge, Donna, to be extremely helpful, so if you need anything, she is the woman to ask! The hotel is just a block away from the Hop On-Hop Off Tours pick-up spot, which we enjoy very much. The rooms were small, but always seem to be in affordable hotels in big cities. We never spend much time in the room, so were not influenced by this. Do give this hotel some consideration when traveling to Toronto!

Dear Kingsport_Traveller,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our hotel. We truly appreciate them.

We are happy you enjoyed the location and will pass on your lovely comments to Donna as I am sure she will be happy to hear she could be of assistance!

We hope to see you again for your future visits to toronto.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bond Place Hotel.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel.......the room was a standard and quite frankly hospital rooms are larger than this. The bed sheets could have fitted the bed better....I think they used double sheets on a queen bed. The bathroom was small but very clean, my only complaint was they do not supply conditioner, i know Its a girlie thing but I need it! Hotel staff were very cheerful. Location was good

Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My first visit to this hotel this year and I'm pleased to see standards have been maintained. Special mention must go to the lovely Zia, ace bellman, who always works so hard to ensure that me and my guests enjoy their stay - he is such an asset to the hotel and nothing is too much trouble for him! Looking forward to going back again soon.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jenni B,

Thank you for your comments, most appreciated! I am sure Zia will be very happy to hear your wonderful comments about his service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Thank you for staying with us at the Bond Place Hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is comfortable, clean and is in a great location downtown (2 minute walk to Eaton Center).

The staff was helpful and pleasant to deal with (easy check in / check out). Not much service included in the hotel, but irrelevant because I was there for business and was out for most of the day.

Due to location, cleanliness and cost I would recommend this hotel to anyone (business or pleasure) staying in downtown Toronto for a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ivasju
Barry's Bay, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times and always find the staff...front desk...housekeeping...bell hop...very kind and attentive to my needs....Central spot for all needs and places to see. They now have a nice little restaurant which is handy for food and tasty..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo