“Horrible Service!”

Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
London, Canada
“Horrible Service!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

we stayed at this hotel in march 2013, Its nice and good location but the service is horrible!!!!!!!!!
My husband got food poisoning from the dive across the street and couldnt even keep sips of gingerale down, so I went to my floors ice machine for ice and all i got was Brown Water!
so i went back to my room and called the front desk and got a very rude lady and she said ice machines are on 3 9 12 and 17. so i said fine and went to the 17th floor.. after spening a few min on the elevator going from main to 17 cause IT WOULDNT LET ME PICK MY FLOOR i went to 17, it had a note saying sorry for the inconvience but this ice machine is broken please try 3 9 12 15 ( which was my floor and it didnt work)
so i went to 12 again the same note.. I thought ok.. ENOUGH playing on the elevator I called again and told her i went to 3 floors and the machine had notes saying they were broken.
and I didnt even finish and shes like ok i will send some up.. An hour later STILL NO ICE so i called again and shes like its on its way.. 2 hours later still no ice.. so I went to bed and in the morning i didnt have the ice.. when we checked out the front desk people didnt even ask how our stay was I wish they would have cause then I would have told them its a horrbile service hotel and i wouldnt recommend it to anyone .. not even the fleas on a dog..

Room Tip: Holiday Inn downtown is the best hotel i stayed at in Toronto
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haybaby7
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear haybaby7:

Thank you for your feedback on the Bond Place Hotel. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns and are looking into resolutions to the issues.

We feel bad that your husband got food-poisoning and hope that he is feeling better. As per the ice machines, our Maintenance Personnel have been notified and I am happy to tell you that all machines have been serviced and are in good working order.

As for the service that you received, having to wait 2 hours is completely unacceptable and I sincerely apologize for this. I have reiterated our procedures in this case to our staff and have some feedback from them as well to better serve our guests. I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to discuss these matters further with you. If you can contact us at 416-362-6061 and ask for Allison Cormier, I would be more than happy to clear these issues with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We traveled to Toronto for the first time and found this hotel online. The location was great, within walking distance to a bunch of restaurants and public transportation. The room was small, but had enough room for a decent sized bed and places to store our luggage. The hotel was very modern, so we didn't mind the size of the room. Everything was clean and the staff was nice. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night to attend a show at Massey Hall. This hotel is ideally located for activities in the downtown area.

The room was small, but nicely organized and very clean. I particularly liked the use of the refrigerator, and the convenient shelves and outlets.

I rated it only 3 stars for a number of small reasons. I do not understand what designer decided that a bathroom with half-door shower stall that allows the floor to get soaked, combined with slick ceramic tile on the floor, was a good combination. The elevators were a bit glitchy as well.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This hotel is newly renovated in a very clean and modern style, it even smells fresh and clean. The staff are all friendly and helpful. I love that they put laminate flooring in the rooms instead of carpet. Also, you can request a room with 2 single beds, which is a rare but greatly appreciated option depending on who you are travelling with. Bathroom is also clean and modern and the beds are very comfortable. So the rooms are small, you are in Toronto, why are you staying in your room, go do something! You are just steps away from the Eaton Centre, theatres, restaurants, the subway, and walking distance to many attractions.

The only slightly negative thing I noticed was that I could hear voices. These were different from the voices in my head, I'm pretty sure they were coming from another room but it wasn't coming through the wall or from outside, possibly through the ventilation? But it wasn't loud or annoying, just something I noticed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank WhiteZone
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We just came back from staying at the Bond Place Hotel - March 16 to March 19, 2013. Hotel is AWESOME! The hotel is very clean, the staff is very informative and helpful and always smiling. We got a great deal on our room!!! It is worth the money. The room is very clean and tidy and all you need in a hotel room (we weren't there very much). I am a huge fan of the water pressure both in the shower and the toilet (even though the toilet can be a bit loud flushing you get use to it). I can't speak to the restaurant that is located in the hotel because we did not get a chance to eat there (too busy exploring Toronto). The hotel is very centrally located and you are able to get to everything and every place quickly. It is right beside the Eaton Centre (7 floors of wall to wall shopping) and it has many surrounding restaurants such as the Hard Rock Cafe. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be central to downtown Toronto. It is very close to the Dundas Square and I am only too sure in the summer it would be awesome to see the outside performers! We will definitely stay there on our next trip back to TO.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank sexysmidge
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We were told breakfast was included. It was not on this booking. The noise from slamming doors to other rooms was constant and loud. The toilets flush like on an airplane (very loud vacuum) so those sleeping are awoken, the bathroom door is a very heavy sliding door that does not close off the room and there are no black out drapes to block out the sun, especially needed on the east side of the building. The restaurant (PomAnar) while promising large vegetarian and fresh fish selection, not only did not have as they said they would but they wanted to add on another 15% "room service charge" even though the meal was eaten in the restaurant.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Not at the Bond Place
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cb1155019
BondPlaceHotel, Front Office Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear cb1155019,

Thank you for your feedback on the Bond Place Hotel. We apologize for the misunderstanding about breakfast. We do offer packages that include breakfast such as our All-in-One Package and Bed-and-Breakfast Package. If you booked one of these packages, please let us know and we will be sure to investigate this.
Upon our recent renovations, we installed Environmentally-Friendly Toilets to try and impact our green footprint. These toilets are slightly louder than a normal toilet as the mechanisms are a little different. However, we do have larger rooms where the bathroom is further away from the bedroom which may be more efficient for those light sleepers that may be affected by this.

We would like you to contact us directly, as we would like to address your concerns. Please give us a call at 416-362-6061 and ask for Assistant Front Office Manager.

Once again, thank you for your review. We hope that you give us a second chance and that we are able to clear these matters with you.

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It is just one block from Yonge-Dundas Square, and from Eaton Centre, the main shopping mall in Toronto (and its fabulous, amazing food court). Access to public transportation (subway and trams) could have not been better. We were looking for a reasonably priced, no-frills hotel, and this was it. Our room was advertised as a double, but it could sleep 4 as it had two twin beds in the "main" room and a double bed as well. The bathroom was simple but clean, in sync with the rest of the room. The only problem is that the hotel works with tour groups, which is not exactly the problem, but if you happen to see a tour bus parked by the hotel, be patient because both the front desk and the elevators will be clogged with group members for about an hour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends