“Excellent”

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Visiting toronto and looking for somewhere close to downtown to stay you can't go past the bond. Very nice cosy little place in the heart of downtown. Rooms are comfortable and nice, but the location is the real winner. Would stay here again tomorrow.

BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Wow - thank you for your very kind words. We are very happy to read that you had a wonderful stay and liked that you felt that our location is the real winner. We hope that you will return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Great White North
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here prior to me having surgery at St.Mikes hospital. He wanted to find a place that was in walking distance to the hospital, had comfortable beds and was somewhere we could go to relax. This place allowed for all of the above - they also gave us a reduced rate for "liking" them on Facebook :) The staff was friendly and although no parking was available (we had to park at the lot across the street) everything was great. The only downfall was that there was no hair dryer - normally I bring everything but figured I would leave mine at home because "all hotel bathrooms have a hair dryer;" needless to say I made do but just a word for the wise... Ladies - DON'T FORGET your hair dryer lol :)

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing your experience. I hope you are doing well. We do have hairdryers in all the rooms and it is placed underneath the sink. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

So TripAdvisor wants me to share my experience.....here we go: there were two parts to my experience of the Bond Place Hotel on December 30th and 31st, 2012. First, a group of friends and I stayed at the hotel a couple of nights where we enjoyed a 3 bedroom suite, easy access to the subway and the 'bright-lights' of Yonge-Dundas Square.

But this is where my enjoyment ends and the reason for my 1 star rating begins. Promptly after checkout my friends and I proceeded to return to our residence located about an hour north of the city. About halfway on the car ride home I realized that I had left a few valuables in the room that I had forgotten to collect and pack up. I instantly began to panic thinking of the sentimental value they had to me and the fact I had forgotten them in the hotel room. I immediately called the hotel in an attempt that someone had found my lost valuables. The receptionist transferred me to the clean services where I could only get a hold of the answering machine of the cleaning services manager. Given the time sensitive matter I felt I had to have the room checked immediately so I hung up and called the hotel back. The receptionist now informed me that the cleaning staff had left for the day, so I proceeded to communicate with the hotel manager. After thoroughly explaining to the manager the circumstances of my situation I specifically detailed where I had left my valuables and she said she would be glad to search the room for me.

After a reasonable amount of time the manager returned to the phone telling me nothing was found in the room or the garbage used by the cleaning staff to clean the room. The manager finally assured me that she would discuss the matter with the cleaning staff the following morning and took my information to follow up with me the following day. The following day passed without me receiving a call so I took it upon myself to follow up, only to find that the manger wasn’t working that day and I was left with the feeling my valuables were lost forever.
So to sum up my Bond Place experience, the hotel is decent given its quality to price point ratio, but the staff lacks honesty and professionalism.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank FG_Toronto
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am sorry to hear about your missing valuables. I did speak to lost and found and nothing was logged in the lost and found. I am truly sorry that no one has gotten back to you on time. I would like to apologize for not handling the matter in a more efficient way but I would like to assure you that we would be looking at improving the way we are handling lost and found. We do look forward to see you again in the near future.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel is awesome. Well located, near the dundas square, in a new building, excelent room with mini fridge and LED TV. The staff and concierge were fantastic with me. The only problem was smoke smell but when I told to the attendent in front desk it was solved immediatly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Hvargas303506
Thank you for a glowing review of our hotel and the staff. I was shocked to hear about the smoke smell as we are a non smoking hotel. I would like to welcome you back again in the near future.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

My family of four (2 parents, 2 college age kids) stayed there twice over the holidays. Great suite with 1 queen and 2 twins, perfect for a family. The location is only a block from subway, right near Eaton Centre. Very vibrant part of town, easy to get around. And parking was only $15/night (unlike the usual $30-$40/night). Room was comfortable with fridge, hair dryer, and extra towels provided promptly upon request. Desk staff very efficient and polite. Online reservation went smoothly, Great place to stay in Toronto on a budget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SharonPatel
Happy New Year Sharon.

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. We are glad that you chose The Bond Place Hotel to ring in the New Year and enjoyed your time with us. We strive to make you feel like you are at your home away from home. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel sometime soon.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

One-night stay on Boxing Day prior to returning home after Christmas vacation with relatives. Handy location (close to Eaton Centre for shopping, subway for transit links). Was on the 17th floor above Dundas and there was some street noise but that was from the snow plows since Toronto finally got some snow that evening. Would stay again for the right price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for you amazing review of the Bond Place Hotel. You will always get the right price if you book it through our website. We look forward to see you in the near future.
Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was the perfect hotel for location and value. Nice clean rooms and bathrooms. No frills but for the very reasonable price, who cares? I agree about the key in the elevator - irritating, we didn't have that in either of the other hotels we stayed in in Ontario - unnecessary. The soundproofing isn't great and there were a lot of people coming in late and being noisy. Location is perfect - very near the Eaton Centre and there is a very friendly pub with nice food opposite - the Imperial. Also really close to the bus station. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year and thank you for taking the time to post a detailed review of you stay at the Bond Place Hotel. Sorry to hear about the key issue. Most of the downtown hotels do have this feature on the elevator due to guest security. We look forward to your next visit