“pleasent, friendly”

Ranked #57 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“pleasent, friendly”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

pleasant, friendly staff, close to everything, secure area, best for people without cars as parking is out of the way and no disability parking available. Near restaurants, hospitals, shops and night time activities.

Room Tip: higher rooms are less noisy from traffic
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I came canada to see the city. This hotel is so close to every spot in toronto. and staff (ZIA) is sooooo kind to me. I was stolen my iphone when I came to canada. But he helped me. So I really enjoy my time in toronto.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Miotanne,
Thank you for such a magnificent review. It’s always good to hear about our staff providing service excellence to our guest. I will pass your remarks to Zia. Hopefully you can return soon so we can give you more great experience to remember.There’s no better endorsement than a 100% recommendation! Thank you.
Haifa, Israel
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I am Inbal from Israel. been in this hotel for 10 days and had a great experience. especially we received an excellent service from the bell man - Zia. He was so helpful for all expect. my shopping, resturent and everything else. every day he was extremly helpless and make us have an awsome vacation.
I recommend this hotel for my friends and family to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Inbal,
Thank you for recommending our hotel to the Trip Advisor community. We were extremely happy to hear that we exceed your expectations and you had an incredible time at the Bond Place Hotel. Zia is been here for more than a decade and is a superstar for our property. I will definitely pass your message to him. Looking forward to welcoming you back
Ontario
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wanted to stay overnight after a concert and found this downtown hotel to be just what we wanted for our budget. Here's the checklist: Spacious deluxe room has tv for queen and a tv for double bed! Newly renovated and clean with fresh smelling, comfortable great beds and bathroom, secure underground parking for only $15 a day and you can come and go all day for one price (lot is located kittycorner/across the street but we were able to park in front of hotel in another lot for $3 for a half hour while we unloaded our bags and went up to our room, then took our car over to park) onsite bistro has great reasonably priced breakfasts. Little issues: $150 deposit charged to room in case of damage...takes 5 days to come off charge card; bistro serves espresso not regular coffee

Room Tip: 8th floor still has noise from Dundas ie: A.M. trucks beeping when in reverse...wear earplugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Wegogolf,
Thank you so much for your checklist. It was a detailed review. I do apologize for the hold on your credit card. Unfortunately, this is a standard process from the credit card company and I wish they could come up with a better solution so that we do not inconvenience any of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here mid-Oct 2012 and had a good experience overall. Room was clean and relatively well designed (read: modern), location is one of the best (Yonge & Dundas Square, subway, downtown, etc).
Front desk service could be a bit faster but only because I was being impatient, overall good and pleasant manners. Consider Bond Place as an upscale motel and a comfortable place to sleep and you will be happy with your experience.
I am also extremely anal about checking for bed bugs (i.e. remove all linen, remove mattress & box spring, check all grooves with flashlight, etc) and found none! Yay!
Would stay here again for budget travel.

Room Tip: Get something high up and away from elevators.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I'm a tour bus driver an I have to come to this hotel every week from April til Nov. This hotel has made some major changes in the past year for the better and I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends. The bellmen are the best especially "Zia". He is always helpful to me and my passengers.

Rich S

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed at the hotel at the end of July this year for one week with my mum.

Positives:

Our twin room gave us just enough space to move around without getting in each others way too much or encoaching on each other's personal space.

The lobby was clean, as was our room.

Great security measures in place in the lift which required you provide your card to access your floor.
The concierge Donna was absolutely FANTASTIC - I cannot express enough just how helpful she was and how many great reccommendations she gave us throughout our week in Toronto. She made us feel like very special clients and greeted us by name every time she saw us.

The location of the hotel itself was great, very centrally located one block away from Dundas square (full of restaurants and bars) and the Eaton Centre (largest mall in Toronto). You can walk to the CN Tower in around 30 minutes for unparrallelled views over the city.

Negatives:

The en suite bathroom was the main drawback of the room, firstly because the wooden slidey door used to seal it off from the bedroom was incredibly loud. It wasn't just ours that happened to be loud, they were clearly all like that as we heard our neighbours on both sides at numerous times throughout our stay opening and closing their bathroom doors.

The walls were ridiculously thin as well in that you could literally hear when our neighbours were just washing their hands, flushing their toilet or just generally having a conversation. This meant that a couple of times during the night we were actually woken up by the noise and they weren't even making that much!

Our room was also situated directly outside the lift on the 9th floor, which was incredibly noisy as we heard all the traffic from the corridor and people going in and out of the lifts the entire week because the door was also not soundproofed. Make sure to ask for a room as far away from the lift as possible!

I particularly didn't like that we had to pay to use the wifi; and it wasnt cheap either! They did have computers in the lobby which were free to use but they only had two and in a hotel with 18 floors it is most definitely not enough!

Receptionist greeted us nicely but failed to make us feel like we were anything but a room number - I guess that is to be expected with large hotels.

All in all the hotel was EXCELLENT value for money, but I would maybe think twice in the future before booking there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room as far away from the lift as possible or you will get no sleep!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank e_s_m91
Dear Terry,
Thank you for your detailed review. I am extremely sorry to hear about all the issues you have mentioned in this review. All could be rectified while you were here. Next time when you stay with us we will make sure that we assign a room which is not close to the elevator or the ice machine and we will make sure that your room is in the higher floor. When you book with us again, please ask one of our agents to book you a room which includes internet. We look forward to see you again in the near future.