“Simply Average Stay”

Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Ancaster, Canada
“Simply Average Stay”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Visited Bond Place Hotel in September for a Bachelorette Party. The location is excellent - close walking distance to entertainment, AMC, restaurants, shopping, however it is very close to sketchy neighborhoods and I didn't feel safe walking around at night. The exterior is run down. We stayed during TIFF and the front desk told us we were "very lucky" as we were the final room available and they almost had to give our room away because they overbooked...? How is that lucky!? I would've been fuming if the group of us were turned away! The hallways smell like smoke, most be from years ago but it is nasty. The room was very simple, but clean. We had 2 double beds, and barely squeezed in a roll away bed as well. Short, quick overnight stay, hotel was just ok, looks much better in the pictures online. I was expecting to be blown away, but I found it just ok.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Emily,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent visit. It was unfortunate that your expectations were not met upon arrival but am pleased that we could accommodate you. I have thoroughly investigated your matter and I have discovered that your reservation was not guaranteed with a credit card as a result it was cancelled at 6 pm on the day of arrival. We tried many times to call you or to reach you before your room was released. We strongly suggest to all of our guest to guarantee their room with a valid credit card especially during TIFF. Your other concerns have been addressed to all departments. I do hope that you can return and allow us to redeem ourselves in the very near future. If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact my Front Office Manager at 416-362-6067.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I found Zia, Donna and rest of your staff to be above excellent and very helpful. I'll tell all my friends to stay at Bond Place Hotel when they visit Toronto. The hotel is clean and i like that.
Also if you plan to stay more than one day you better say that on your first day at the front desk...
otherwise you may not get the room in the hotel anymore...this hotel get's bus load of tourists.

Room Tip: Please make reservation in advance and corner suites are large and sunny.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Madison, Wi USA
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Clean!! That is the most important thing that makes this hotel attractive. Good location. The usual ammenities in the room; lotion, shampoo, coffee and mini fridge for our use. We originally booked a queen suite, but the new toilet was inoperative. The hotel was full so we were downgraded to a twin room for one night and then offered the suite again. We were fine with the twin room and the nice discount they gave us so we stayed in the twin. If papercups upset you, go to another hotel. You have to pay for breakfast, but why when visiting a new city would you want to eat in a hotel?? Just my opinion, so many fine dining experiences in this city. They could add a few more computers to the lobby since they only offer free WiFi in the business and suites, but that is noted on the room descriptions. We had great service from everyone we met at this hotel. Great concierge,also.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a great experience staying at the Bond Place Hotel for a long weekend trip in Toronto this month. Our room at the Bond Place Hotel was clean and bright with a chic-modern feel. The room was small, however, we weren't hanging out at the room much as we were out and about exploring the city. As many people have already noted, the location is fantastic - within walking distance to shops and restaurants and not too far from some local spots. It is also only a block from the Dudas subway stop and the popular 505 streetcar line.

At first I was skeptical as the outside of the building looks outdated and run-down. However, the inside is completed remodeled. The views are awesome and although some people expressed a distaste for the opaque bathroom walls, I thought they were aesthetically appealing and they still allow for privacy (they definitely are not see-through).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I just spent 2 nights at this hotel on a weekend in the city with my Mum. General comments would be that yes the location is good and the rooms are clean but the space is cramped and the small touches like wifi, glasses in your room and a good air con system are all missing...for $390 for 2 nights I would expect those.

The main issue I had with this hotel came when I returned to our room on Saturday afternoon to find that the pile of 'things I dont need today that will add weight to my purse' had been messed with and my blackberry had gone. I had specifically left that phone in the room as it is a UK one and I had taken my Candian cell out that day. My Mum and I turned the room upside down looking for it but it was not there. As if having something taken from you is not upsetting enough, the reaction (or lack of) I got from the hotel staff made it much worse. I was simply told that no one would have taken it and I must have lost it somewhere else. I explained that I had nothing to gain personally by reporting this - I just wanted them to be aware this had happened and expected someone would at least say they would conduct some sort of investigation.

I left it with them and was told someone would contact me in the room on Sunday morning at 8am. By 11am no one had got intouch and so I had to go to reception again only to be told by the head of housekeeping that it was not taken from the room and I must have taken the phone out with me. The staff at the front desk made no attempt to have a proper conversation about my issue, they left me just stood in the middle of the lobby and did nothing but tell me I was wrong.

I left the hotel very upset, not only at having had something taken from me but to have been made to feel the way these dismissive, rude and unprofessional people made me. As a HR Manager I fully understand the process that should have been followed on me rasing this issue and wonder if the management team have given any thought to the message that not even looking into my complaint properly sends to their employees about stealing from guests!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chloe T
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Chloe,
My sincerest apologies for the issue you have raised in your post. I am sorry that you feel that this was not handled properly but, can assure you that the matter was taken seriously and investigated thoroughly.
I have addressed this matter to the housekeeping department and advised our guest service team that they need to be more sensitive in handling situations like this in a more professional manner. I appreciate the time you have taken to write your review and I would like to invite you to contact my Front Office Manager directly if you would like to discuss the details of the findings.

Travelers are raving about these Toronto hotels

Melbourne Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Good location but that is all it has going for it. No WIFI, No Safe, Airconditioning located so it blows straight onto your face when lying in bed from 300mm away.To small for twin beds & suitcases.Expensive at $180pn (does not include breakfast). Disposable plastic cups. Reception unwelcoming. Overall, dont stay here, look for another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Goferit
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. However, I would like to address your issues. As for the WiFi, our standard rooms do not come with complimentary internet service. However, our Business Rooms and Suites do. We also provide computers in the lobby with complimentary internet access to all guests. We do provide safes. They are located at the Front Desk and are complimentary.The standard rooms are smaller to be more efficient and are meant for the basic traveller who is in need of basic accommodations. We also have beautiful Suites and Business Rooms that have more space and more amenities. Also, the Business Rooms come with complimentary WiFi.As for our rates, they do fluctuate according to our occupancy. If the hotel is in high demand, it will be reflected in the rates. We also have packages that offer breakfast and parking. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I will reflect your comments to the staff and will take action on how we can improve.
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife & I were celebrating our Golden Wedding anniversary and for three weeks we had the good fortune to stay at the Bond Place Hotel right in the heart of the city. On arriving we were greeted by staff who coulden't have been more helpfull and frendly and we found the hotel and our room that was on the 15 floor absolutely spotless and maintened that way by the cleaning staff who did a fantastic job.

Janet & I started off each day enjoying a well cooked breakfast in the hotel's 'Pomanar Grill' which would put many top resturants to shame. However we found that the hotel's greatest asset was the consierge Donna she helped my wife & I on many occasions and I witnessed her delivering the same courtious assistance to other guests - she made everyone feel special - SHE'S WORTH HER WEIGHT IN GOLD

Room Tip: We had no problem with our room on the 15th floor and I imagine every room would be of the same high...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Firstly, Congratulations on your Golden Wedding Anniversary! We are happy that you chose us for your celebration. We take pride in providing top-notch service and we are happy to hear that Donna, our Concierge, added that special touch for you. She will be quite pleased with the recognition.I will be sure to share your wonderful compliments with all of the staff. We hope to get another chance to exceed your expectations! Looking forward to see you again.