“Excellent location, excellent rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bond Place Hotel

Bond Place Hotel
Ranked #55 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Excellent location, excellent rates”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

The first good impression at the very beginning was that my wife and I had a reservation for a Standard Twin Room (with two twin beds), we made the question related to changing it for a room with one queen bed (Standard Queen Room), they give us the upgrade without any additional cost. The check-in was fast and pleasant.

Pros: the best of this hotel is the excellent location. It is at one block from Dundas Square, a very oppened place with big luminous signs (like a small Times Square), with a big shopping center at two blocks, connected with all the city via subway and streetcars after a short walk. The other remarkable thing to say is that this hotel offers very affordable rates.

Cons: Standard rooms are very, very small, nice but small. Modern furniture, a nice LCD, but the worse is that there is not a reasonable wardrobe for your clothes. Only a place with hangers. We opted to maintain our things inside the luggage during all our stay, that was very uncomfortable. The other negative point is that wifi is not free, there is a daily fee. Independently of that, there are two pc’s available in the lobby with free access.

If the size of the room is not an issue for you, this is the perfect hotel (or you can try investing more money in a more expensive room in this hotel).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
BondPlaceHotel, General Manager at Bond Place Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Mr. SM-Travellers,

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel, along with our excellent location in the city. I agree that our room types are more quaint; however, we have done all possible to maximize space in our guest rooms. Should you be returning our hotel, we do have room types that are large and provide more storage, in addition to rooms and package that include internet. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We have stayed at this location twice and it is quickly becoming my favourite dowtown TO hotel around the $100 / night mark. The location is ideal, the staff is always super friendly and parking is just $15 overnight. The beds are so comfortable and the room always neat and clean. The rooms have an upbeat and modern feel with splashes of colour, frosted glass etc and a fridge which is faboo too. I would have no reservations about staying here again.

Room Tip: Go to the hotels website, they have the lowest rates and more options if you book direct.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

Picked this hotel based on reviews at Trip Advisor. The price was an amazing C$129 for a Sunday night, parking, wifi and breakfast for 2, booking into a business class room. That was over $75 cheaper than the chain hotel I was looking to book.

We got another 25% off the food at dinner at the pub across the street by using the coupon that came on our room key folder.

The room has a very Northern European feel (my way of saying it was small but well designed.) We had more than enough space but it was a one night stay - if I had my normal large suitcases with me, space may have been a challenge as there isn't a lot of storage room - enough but not excessive.

The room had everything we look for - clock radio that we can plug our mp3/smart phone into, iron, hair dryer, tv, free newspaper. There are ACCESSIBLE plugs through out the room, I counted 5, including at both sides of the bed and beside the mirror (for hair drying/styling.) This hotel is the best I've been in EVER in this regard.

The bed was comfortable, the shower was large and perfect. Lots of shelf space in the small bathroom (plus a 'window' into the room to allow in daylight.) We were on the 17th floor with a great city view. The place has opening windows, a real plus for us.

Location is excellent, although my Toronto-based nephew said to not walk late at night to the east of the hotel - N,S, W, were safe but east was a bit dodgy. There was a lot of street noise (not the fault of the hotel) and our room overlooked a building with a big screen so the blackout curtains at night were appreciated since the screen created a flashing light in the room.

I hate Toronto and avoid it as much as possible but that might be because I've been staying up by the 401. Here I found a great city energy and the room rate was less than I pay when up at 401/Markham Road. From now on I hope to be able to stay down here and perhaps come to like the city after all. We just parked the car and walked everywhere so traffic wasn't an issue.

Room Tip: Read the website descriptions of the rooms carefully and choose the option that fits your needs.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

The Bond Place Hotel is very nice. The location is great, right in the center of town with access to public transportation and within walking distance to many points of interest. I had no trouble with front desk and my room was very clean and comfortable. (Yes, it was small like other reviewers have noted, however, it didn't bother me at all). I was one the 17th floor so the street noise was not an issue. The noise of the other guests, however, was a problem.

My one major criticism of the place is that is right across the street from Ryerson University and I think that the students use the rooms to get drunk and party in on the weekends. The college students are very loud and are literally running through the halls at all hours of the night. I did call the front desk which quieted them for a little while but they were soon yelling and screaming again. The hotel is literally crawling with college students and while I am not unsympathetic to having a good time, I was traveling alone, for work and it was not appreciated. I also would not recommend this hotel for people who have children nor would I bother with their breakfast. I would go to the Senator Restaurant around the corner and get a good breakfast for the same price.

Overall, I would consider this hotel again if in Toronto mainly because for the price you cannot beat the location and if I was on a vacation and didn't care so much about loud college students and late hours. However, if I would think twice about using this hotel for a business trip or with small kids.

Room Tip: Higher Floors. Internet is not free for basic hotel rooms unless you sit in the lobby.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank librarianofbabel
Thank for your honest feedback. We hare happy that you enjoyed the amenities and service provided within the hotel, in addition to our great location in the city. We were disappointed to learn however, that there seemed to be a student group within the hotel that disrupted your stay and your dissatisfaction with our continental breakfast. We are currently completing renovations to our main restaurant and look forward to unveiling our new concept at the beginning of May. We looked forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back and being able to provide you with a more peaceful experience. Please touch base with our Front Office Manager Mark upon your return to the city, and we will ensure that you enjoy a stay that is more in-line with your needs and expectations.
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed here for a week through paddys day, March 17th. The staff were very friendly and helpful on check in, got a safety deposit box, at no charge ! The room was a queen bed, small enough room but grand as it was jst me. The usual coffe maker and toiletries there. AC if needed, flat screen tv and a very comfy bed !
Had a bath/shower so that was great, towels and room cleaned every day if needed, lovely cleaning ladies, very friendly ! The only gripe I would have is the toilet door is a sliding door and its not flush with the wall, so if u have company they can hear what ur doing in the toilet ha ha. other than that, lovely place. There was 2 pc's in the lobby, free to guests. Brekie was too early for me, finished at 9.30am !
Was my first time in Toronto, 30 sec frm Dundas Sq with everything you need, the Eaton Centre and AMC , subways, starbucks, food courts, shopping ect.
There is a great little restauraunt right around the cornor, Senator, ( left out the main hotel door and 1 min ltr ur there ) great value and friendly staff.
Would stay here again and recommend to any visitor.
The CN tower is a must see, great views. The ROM is very good also, see the Dinasour/Egypitan/Astec. The tour of the Rogers Centre is good too.
For retail therapy I went to Square One outlet mall, bus from Union Sq, big, decent, not a huge amount of discounts, Tommy was good for shopping and of course Old Navy, after that, it was jst like the high street, also went to the Yorkdale Mall, on the subway north line, was ok, again similar to Sqaure One, Tommy was good.
Over all Toronto is an expensive city for eating, drinking and shopping, even more expensive than Ireland, which i thought would be hard lol

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get the views of Dundas Sq.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at Bond hotel in November 2011, we decided to move to Toronto but we didn't have any idea about the city so we decided to spend a week and see if we would like it or not. The hotel is close to EVERYTHING. The price was around $70,00 a night which was pretty good for the location. The room was clean and every time we asked for towels they helped us with no problem. The only thing that wasn't amazing was the "girls" at the front desk, extremely cold and dry but not a big deal for me ... I would stay again for sure

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mikeyandjessy
We appreciate your feedback and are happy to learn to you enjoyed our hotel along with our great location in the city. We are sorry to learn however that you found certain agents at the Front Desk to be “cold”, as we typically receive very positive feedback regarding our exceptional guest service. Nevertheless, we appreciate your constructive feedback in order for us to continually improve our servicer. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Middlesex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Bond Place hotel in Toronto is UK 2 star and officially a 3 star. It is indeed well decked out in modern furniture and equipment and has flat screen TVs in the rooms and free internet connections in the lobby for guests, which is very handy. There are also free daily newspapers in the lobby each day.

The room is very good value for the standard. I got the room on a discounted search engine site 3 weeks before travelling and got 50% discount off listed prices (so it cost £52 per night instead of the listed £112). Breakfast is NOT included. Though these are off-peak rates for March travel.

The hotel is clean inside and well serviced, with lifts to all floors. Facilities seem new and well cared for and well maintained. Toilets and bathrooms function well.

Beds are really comfortable, pillows were good too. Nice linen and matresses. Everything you need for a good night's sleep except peace and quiet.

As the hotel is situated right in the centre of the City square, it is like being in Picadilly Circus and it is therefore very noisy. I asked to be moved to another room (my room was also beside the tram tracks which were extremely loud and ran every few minutes until 2am)! Staff tried to be obliging but were a bit "put-out" and not thrilled at my request to move. The second room was not really that much better and I just suffered it for the 2 night duration of my stay at the hotel. The main roads around the hotel had traffic which persisted for most of the night and there was also an annoying humming noise from the hotel's own external air conditioning units (or something). It was a shame as it spoilt the experience of what was otherwise a very nice hotel.

Good and central though if that is your main priority.

There is a shuttle to the airport costing approx. $27.

The hotel were also unable to offer me a "cork screw" after two nights of asking. Again, it seems odd that hotels of reasonable standard such as this one cannot provide simple loans services like this and it really lets the overall impression down.

Next time I will stay back at the Strathcona a mile or so down the road for just a tenner more a night it was worth it for the more peaceful location.

Room Tip: The higher rooms do seem to have less noise fomr the hotel's own exernal air conditioning units...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay! We provide ourselves on our newly renovated hotel and our great location in the city. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you experienced in trying to retrieve a bottle opener, which is rather unusual. As we are situated very centrally within the downtown core, greater street noise can sometimes be elevated. We do apologize for the poor reaction you received when requesting a room move from the Front Desk, as we strive for guest comfort and satisfaction. However, our Business room types are located on the top floors of the hotel and server as a great option to those guests who are noise sensitive. We appreciate all of your feedback, and look forward to welcoming you back to display that your past stay was the exception rather than the rule.