We stayed at the Ambassador in last February. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon arrival due to some booking confusion, they kindly upgraded our room to one of the larger nicer rooms at the same discounted price (February appears to be the slow season). The Ambassador Inn has been very expertly remodeled and the rooms are charming especially with the ceramic/stone tiled bathrooms and jacuzzis. All in all, it was a very enjoyable experience which is why I rated it at 4 dots. The rest of the review concerns why I did not rate it at 5 dots:
Firstly, although discounted for the season the price struck me as somewhat high given the following lack of amenities that you might find elsewhere:
1) There was no DVD/VCR player in the room. Canada is a cold place in the winter and it snowed while we were there. I had brought DVDs in expectation of potentially being snowed in. Fortunately I also brought my own portable player that I use in Airports.
2) There was no internal thermistat in the room (that I could find). They do supply a heating unit that you can plug in for additional heat but even Motel 6 allows you to adjust the heat and air conditioning. The room was neither too hot or too cold given the weather but it would have been much more of an issue in excessively hot or cold weather.
3) Breakfast. I would say that if you stick to the fruits, cereals, and croissants you'll be very satisfied. As for French Toast and Pancakes, because of the friendliness of the staff I would give them an A for effort, but clearly IHOP they are not.
On the positive side, the things I liked most about the Ambassador Inn are:
1) Well remodeled and very clean
2) Big Rooms available with nice bathrooms
3) Convenient location (public transportation, restaurants, convenience shops)
4) Friendly helpful staff
The Ambassador Inn is a nice place with a friendly staff that aims to please. (Can't say that enough) For me, moreso than anything else, good service makes for an above average review-- thus I give it 4 stars (*)s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ambassador Inn is one of the finest B&B boutique inns in downtown Toronto. It provides affordable accommodation with luxury, comfort and style. Situated in the heart of downtown's entertainment, tourist and business district, Ambassador Inn is surrounded by public transits, shopping, restaurants, theatres, galleries, museums, and many other attractions. ... more less