“Great Value and Convenient”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #85 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice for the stay and park option when flying out of Pearson Airport. It is very convenient and cheaper or the same price as parking at the airport for the week only you get a night's stay, transportation to the airport and breakfast which was actually very good. One our first stay our flight was leaving too early to take advantage of the free breakfast so we were given free drink vouchers for the lobby bar. This hotel is clean and comfortable with lots of restaurants in the area. It is the best way to start a relaxing vacation without having to fight traffic early in the morning to get to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brandy W
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Staying close to the airport the night prior certainly takes some of the stress out of travelling on early morning flights. Glad that the hotel met your needs.
Hope you had a fabulous trip, and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Regards,
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great Location and staff. Everything was as promised. Great Price. Not to far from downtown as well. Everything was booked in advance online and everything was as on the website. I will stay again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff B
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay details with us. We are very pleased to hear that our hotel, location and services met your needs for experience.
Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future at Crowne Plaza Toronoto.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We got a wagjag for a night's stay and free parking during our trip so monetarily it was a good deal. The support staff was nice, and the room was updated and pleasant. The beds were horribly uncomforable - very firm. My husband enjoys a firm bed and these were even too much for him to get a good night's sleep. The pool is run down and dimly lit. The 'complimentary' breakfast doesn't start until 9am on holidays, which is ridiculous for a hotel near the airport, when most people need to get to the airport before then.

We left something in the room upon checkout. At the airport we called to ask if we could pick the item up upon our return when we picked up our car. The desk staff said no problem, just come to the front desk. So after a full day of travel, we return to the hotel for our car and the front desk informs me that because it's a holiday there is no housekeeping staff working that day. EVEN THOUGH WE HAD CALLED AHEAD. I left my information so they said someone would contact me. No one did. I emailed the General Manager and she was lovely. Got back within a day and mailed the item to my home.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy G

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting a review after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is important to us as we continuously strive to improve our facilities and services. Please be informed that our hotel features different room categories, some of which have softer matress pads. Our Front Desk team will be happy to suggest options when you check in with us in future. I am glad to read though, that you were pleased with the service provided by our team.
I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before we flew out for Jamaica. We had asked to make sure we had a room that was easily accessible due to an injury. When we arrived we found out our room was on the 12th floor. The problem was the elevator only goes to the 11th floor and then you are required to climb the stairs to the next floor. We were told that they had no other rooms available for us so we had to bunk with my mother-in law for the night. No discount was given. The air port shuttle arrives every 30 min which is a huge bonus. Jack Astor's is a five min walk away for some close food. The floor we were on was loud. We required a credit cRd wen we checked in and we didn't know that so we got a hard time over that as well. The hotel seems very unorganized even though our reservations were book a few months in advance. I dont think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Travelbug2013_28
HotelMGT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us feedback of your recent stay with us. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience and the frustration caused due to type of rooms available at the time you check in. Please know that this matter has been brought to the attention of our Front Office Manager who will address it with her team. I greatly appreciate that you have given me the opportunity to rectify this situation.
Thank you again for your understanding! I hope that we will have a chance to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Fariyal Hasham

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We got this hotel on a wag jag deal that came with parking. The location is great, the hotel is very clean and updated. The staff were all very friendly . The shuttle service worked great both times. I don't know what more you could ask for. Of course you hear the planes..,, but that's why we were there... To catch a flight!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank snowbaby369
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel and for the 5-star rating! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our facilities and services met your expectations. It will be my pleasure to share your wonderful comments with our team. We value your business and look forward to welcoming you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

First of all, I have to say I always used the Crowne Plaza for business, in my lineof work I travel often and me and my clients choose to use Crowne Plazza because of their standardized quality across north america, that was until this friday night.

I am flying back with my wife and 20 month old baby from NY to Toronto to Vancouver and because of the weather we lost our Vancouver flight. When we hear that we got a room booked at the CP I got excited and told my wife, this is not bad at all we are going to enjoy it. OH boy I was wrong

The shuttle took more than 40 minutes to arrive, we were waiting outside at minus 20, all other shuttles drove by a couple of times while no signs off the Crown plaza hotel. When the guy finally arrived he realized the amount of people waiting for the bus and the first thing he said "anyone from Air Canada?" .. we were all westjet

I arrive to the hotel, got a room assigned and 5 minutes into the room a guy knocks on the door. He received complains from someone around us that our baby was crying. It was not even 10PM and NO, our baby was happy. I asked him what do you want, you want me to shut up my baby? Maybe hold his mouth? it is a baby, what do you want me to do. HE answer, just keep him quite. I said, how?? It is a baby, you understand that.. this retarded conversation lasted like 5 minutes. I had to go downstairs to complain. My baby did not cried the whole night.

Around 11, we decided to do for dinner, the moment we are walking into the restaurant there is a guy waving his "NO" sign to us, he said, "this part of the restaurant is closed" but there were people dinning there, I will assume the baby once again, so we ended up "placed elsewhere".

The next morning when we are leaving the hotel the same thing happen, the driver selected the people that will take the shuttle first, asking once again for "air Canada passengers".. It turn unto an argument with several people involved. It was very cold, my wife was holding the baby but he wouldn't let her in, I had to push my way in.

In general it was very disappointing, I will make sure to pass my comments to my clients, I bet they have families as well and will not appreciate this.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JoseAntoniooo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback of your stay via this detailed review. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some areas, however, I would like to assure you that your comments will be discussed with our management team and opportunities will be addressed. I am very sorry that you had to wait an excessive amount of time to be picked up at the airport. Our Guest Services Manager has been informed and will address this matter with the drivers. Rest assured that this negative experience is not reflective of our normally high standards. Thank you for staying with us; we hope that you will give us an opportunity to welcome you again to Crowne Plaza Toronot Airport Hotel.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got this hotel on wag jag deal, great price with airport parking included. The breakfast buffet was also included and it was super good! The room was nice, it needs darker curtains though, it only had sheers, and with it being so close to the airport and all the lights the room was too bright for sleeping. The hot tub needs to be fixed it was not hot at all and the jets were not working but the sauna was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank LissyAnn_77
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Guest,
I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel. I am so glad that you had a positive experience and enjoyed our restaurant and sauna.
My apologies on the dark curtains... a good night's sleep is very important for the travelling the next day!
I have passed along your comments about them to Executive Housekeeper and her team. I hope that you do come and stay with us again, and please mention this!