Stayed for a weekend in September.
+ Knowledgeable front desk staff; smooth check-in
+ Platinum recognition, upgraded to 2nd floor 'suite' (it is one room that is a bit deeper than standard rooms)
+ Wonderful beds, quality linens, effective blackout blinds, slept great
+ Quiet, effective A/C unit
+ Ergonomic showerhead with solid pressure
+ Good soundproofing, planes above are a modest, tranquil hum
+ Excellent rates for a CP property
+ Scrumptious dinner with wonderful service (Wai is a star, so much life in her)
+ La Brasserie was open until 1am on the weekend for food, very much appreciated
+ Tasty breakfast with a wide selection of hot and cold items, included for Platinums (thank you)
+ Peaceful pool/jacuzzi with powerful jets in the jacuzzi, sauna also pleasant
+ Platinum lounge is the size of a double room with several sofas and some fruit and tea/coffee
+ Easy access right off the 401; a 20-minute drive to downtown Toronto (30-45 in rush hour)
- No microwave or fridge in room (would have been useful given all the dead space)
- No HD channels
- Room size is on par with a standard Holiday Inn property, slightly more for the suites
- If using public transit, it will take 90+ minutes to get downtown (outside of Mon-Fri 3-6pm)
- Breakfast service confused; asked twice for vouchers
- Claustrophobic ice/vending machine area on second floor
Useful tip: If utilizing public transit, The 191 Rocket Express bus to/from Bloor Subway Station only runs 3-6pm Mon-Fri (Google will not tell you this). Outside of these hours, to get downtown, take us #82 bus outside the Sheraton on Dixon Rd. (5 minute walk though the parking lot) to Lawrence West Subway Station. Be sure to get a transfer upon boarding the bus in order to ride the subway downtown. The bus takes 50-60+ minutes to Lawrence West Station (not the 35 minutes on maps), with 38 stops. The subway takes 25-30 minutes to Union station. Note that bus #82 back to the CP is not terribly frequent late at night.
Overall, a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned only 2 km from Pearson International Airport and 25 minutes' drive from Toronto city centre, this hotel offers a complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle and an on-site restaurant. Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport features an indoor pool with a relaxing hot tub and sauna. Guests can take advantage of the 24-hour fitness centre, then work in the on-site business centre. The guestrooms at the Toronto Airport Crowne Plaza offers convenient amenities such as flat-screen TVs and free wireless internet access. Additional amenities, such as a work desk with ergonomic chair and cable TV, ensure a comfortable and productive stay. La Brasserie Restaurant at the Toronto Crowne Plaza serves international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. After dinner, guests can relax with a drink at the hotel's Rendezvous Bar. Toronto Congress Centre is 2 minutes' drive away and Toronto International Centre is 10 minutes' drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel Toronto
- Park Plaza Toronto Airport