“Hidden gem , great value”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #83 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Got a great deal through a Groupon that included a week parking, internet , full buffet breakfast and shuttle to the airport as I was heading south. The room was lovely, comfortable bed, clean and spacious. The breakfast buffet was excellent and included Starbuck's coffee. It is a bit hidden behind a strip of restaurants but that came in handy to as you can walk across a parking lot to several decent places to eat in or take out. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly and my overall experience was excellent. I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank trisha07
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Aorport Hotel, it is greatly appreciated! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us, from our amenities to our friendly staff. Especially I was happy to read that that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to front desk and restaurant staff.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area in the future; it would be lovely to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your future trips.
Elena Naryjania
Front Ofiice Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Confortable but no style in this hotel. Very noisy of course because of its location at the airport. No servive at all. Very small rooms.
Just right for a night stay when you have to take an early flight the next morning. Shuttles to all terminals are very practical, working 24/7.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Estee38
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay via this review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that you particularly found our shuttle service reliable and efficient. We hope that you will soon visit us again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel and inquire about different room types which could better suit your needs.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed 2 nights while attending a retail show and was delighted with the hotel and staff. The room was nicely decorated, very clean, fresh crisp white linens on a very comfortable bed. There was absolutely NO trace of cigarette smoke, unlike other non smoking hotels. The breakfast deal was very generous and very good with an excellent selection, and the coffee was premium and Starbucks. The wifi was free and always reliable. The air conditioner was a little loud, but after reading some of the reviews, I think some people live to complain.

Room Tip: Room 444 was perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lindavpastandpresent
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for posting such a detailed review about your stay at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel and for giving our hotel a 5-star rating!
I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that our services met your expectations. We hope that you will visit us soon again when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed for 1 night upon reaching Toronto.... problem no. 1 - could not find the hotel, very badly marked. 2) terribly noisy airconditioning - goes on and off all night very loudly. 3) lumpy bed - very uncomfortable. 4) tiny bathroom, not at all suited for a family of 3. 5) terrible breakfast... Needless to say, we were glad to get out of there. In desperate need of a major renovation - but obviously caters only to passengers on cancelled flights, unfortunately.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SwissTiffin
HotelMGT, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
The time you have taken to provide the specific details of your recent stay is appreciated. Let me first of all apologize for everything that made your stay with us such a negative experience. All your concerns have been brought to the attention of our management team and will be discussed with the respective department heads I can assure you that we do continually gather, review, and compile the comments and utilize them in how to best modify practices/procedures and identify product deficiencies and opportunities. If possible, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the challenges you faced with you personally. Our goal is guest satisfaction and I would like to stress that the experience you had at our hotel, is not indicative of the level of service the team at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport is committed to provide. I hope that we will have an opportunity to change the negative image you currently have of our hotel.

Faryial Hope

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have stayed here many times when travelling by air from Toronto. Although I arrived this time quite late, I had the pleasure of having a Queen Suite and it was really nice. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the separate shower and bathtub. The staff have always been great and very accommodating as has the shuttle driver to and from the airport. I think this is a great hotel to stay at before or after a trip. I did not eat there this time, but the restaurant has great food and reasonable room service rates.

Room Tip: I have never had a bad room and have stayed here several times.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear guest,
Welcome Back and thanks for your loyalty!!
I was very happy to hear that your recent stay with us provided a positive experience from your initial point of contact by using the airport shuttle, through to your check-in, and best of all, that the staff were great!
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport again in the near future.
Elena Naryjania

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I was somewhat nervous about staying here because of some poor reviews I had seen. We stayed for three nights (Mon - Wed) and could not have been more pleased. Our room had a king bed (we booked queen) and was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean and had the largest shower head I've ever seen. Room was cleaned quite well every day. We could hear airplanes overhead, but never after 11:00 pm. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The only thing that could have been improved would have been a HD tv....but that wasn't what we were there for. Overall, a very nice stay. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport . It is greatly appreciated! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us, from our amenities to our friendly staff. Your comment about HD TV has been passed and will be reviewed by respective Department Heads.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your future trips.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Upon arrival we were assigned a room with 2 double beds. We asked to change it to a king or queen bed so we would have more room with possibly a sofa and center table. The room was small. Instead of a second bed it was simply open space where the second bed would have been. This is tight for a 2 double bed room. We were also charged $14/day for self parking. It was not fence/gated for added security so I did not see any value for my money except another way to charge hotel guests. Crowne Plaza did not offer any complimentary items, e.g. coffee, newspaper, etc. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed due to the lack of space in your guest room. Our hotel features different room types including suites, more specifically rooms on Executive Floor are very specious. When you check in with us in future, our Front Desk Agents will be happy to offer you room type options that better suit your needs. Also, we do provide complimentary newspaper and in room coffee. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Front Ofiice Manager