“Average with”

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #85 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Upon arrival we were assigned a room with 2 double beds. We asked to change it to a king or queen bed so we would have more room with possibly a sofa and center table. The room was small. Instead of a second bed it was simply open space where the second bed would have been. This is tight for a 2 double bed room. We were also charged $14/day for self parking. It was not fence/gated for added security so I did not see any value for my money except another way to charge hotel guests. Crowne Plaza did not offer any complimentary items, e.g. coffee, newspaper, etc. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel following your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed due to the lack of space in your guest room. Our hotel features different room types including suites, more specifically rooms on Executive Floor are very specious. When you check in with us in future, our Front Desk Agents will be happy to offer you room type options that better suit your needs. Also, we do provide complimentary newspaper and in room coffee. We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.
Front Ofiice Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza with my son as we were taking in a Jay's game and did not want to drive another 4 hours to get back home after the game. I was pretty pooped from our day of travel and walking around in the big city and looking forward at laying down in bed to relax.

The bed is a joke. It was as comfortable as a sheet of plywood - and I'm not exaggerating! I noticed in the elevator it said they had "pillow-top" mattresses for comfort. What a joke. 2 nights later and my back is still sore. Needless to say, I did not get a good night's sleep here. I think my hip is still bruised from sleeping on my side.

After an unpleasant night, I consoled myself with the thought that "At least I can take a nice refreshing shower" Wrong. I think my garden hose has more pressure than this shower head had. In order to be able to enjoy the little trickle that did come out, my back almost had to be pressed up against the wall behind me.

I booked on hotwire, so I got a decent rate. Good thing - because this to me, was unacceptable.

Staff was friendly and courteous. I am a clean freak and after a 15 minute thorough inspection of the room, I deemed it acceptable. Did not use facilities or eat at the restaurant, so cannot comment.

If you stay here.. I hope your experience is better than mine!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Madam-Coco

Dear Guest,

The time you have taken to provide the specific details of your recent stay is appreciated. I can assure you that we do continually gather, review, and compile the comments and utilize them in how to best modify practices/procedures and identify product deficiencies and opportunities.
Please be informed that we do have matress pads which are available based on request ; our Front Desk agents will be happy to provide you with options when you arrive at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport next time.
I am delighted to read that Front Desk/ Housekeeping team left you with the positive impression and if possible, I would welcome an opportunity to discuss the challenges you faced with you personally. Our goal is guest satisfaction and I would like to stress that sleeping experience you had at our hotel, is not indicative of the level of service the team at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel is committed to provide.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I paid a little extra to have an upgraded room. It was lovely, modern, with a very nice bathroom and bedding. It looked very clean but unfortunately some paper was missed under the dresser which made me wonder how well it had been cleaned in other respects. Aside from that, and the noise from planes, it was a great stay.
We had delicious room service and the kids really enjoyed the pool.
I would definitely recommend!

Room Tip: I didn't see a "regular" room, but I would go for the upgrade,
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank onvoyage_3
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing feedback of your recent visit to our hotel. Great to read that you had a pleasant stay and were impressed with the upgraded room you stayed in.
Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness issue. Our Executive Housekeeper has been informed and will address this matter with her team. I appreciate that you brought it to our attention and look forward to welcoming you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was booked here when I missed a connection due to a delayed flight with Air Canada. I was slightly disappointed with how far it was from the airport terminal. The shuttle was relatively quick late at night with no traffic, but took a little longer the next morning. I had to budget 20 minutes to get from the hotel to airport check-in (including the time for everyone to load and unload their bags). Perhaps I expected too much, but this was the low point of the hotel for me.

The hotel itself was very good. The man at check-in wasn't overly friendly (to be fair, it was 2AM) but he was efficient. My room on the top floor was very nice. It was quite spacious with two lovely beds. I note that the linens in particular were very nice and seemed of high quality. The bathroom was nothing special but had a nice shower.

The breakfast at the restaurant downstairs was excellent, but a little bit pricey (my voucher from Air Canada for 2 meals didn't even fully cover the breakfast). The lobby area is nice and spacious. Overall it was a more-than-adequate place to spend about 5 hours after a missed connection.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Aorport Hotel, it is greatly appreciated! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent with us, from our amenities to our friendly staff. Especially I was happy to read that that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to front desk and restaurant staff.

We hope that your travels will bring you back to our area in the future; it would be lovely to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your future trips.
Elena Naryjania
Front Ofiice Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have made this recently my hotel of choice when visiting Toronto for work purposes... The staff have been more consistent in their service and I appreciate the great service from the front desk staff, especially "Krystine's" personable approach and "Munir's" courteous greeting. Im happy to be a priority member and feel very regarded at this hotel - major change over the past year & especially the last 3 months. Many of that is also due to their new Customer Service/Corporate Sales Manager "Rupa!" This hotel is now my new stomping ground thanks to these people's noticeable efforts.

Here's what I like:
-friendly staff
-fair sized gym
-good breakfast options
-priority club points, upgrades etc
-members reception
-many great restaurants in walking distance
-shuttle service every 30min
-easy highway access

What could be improved?
-pool privacy
-priority lounge offerings

• Stayed: July 2013
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this great review and the 5-star rating! I am happy to read that you've noticed great changers and had a pleasant stay with us. I have forwarded your comments to Krystine, Munir and Rupa; they never fail to go the extra mile and truly are assets to our team . We are very proud to have a team of such hospitable and caring employees. Our team and I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had to stay overnight near the airport and the Crowne Plaza seemed to fit the bill (it was on our corporate list). I had stayed in Crowne Plaza locations before so I felt the stay would be good as well.

Overall the accommodations were very good; I found the bed to be very comfortable and the room was clean. As usual (for me anyways) the air conditioner was very noisy, however I was able to turn it off and open the window which was very nice. The other furniture was in good shape and I made good use of the nice desk/chair provided. I do need to point out that the safe and coffee pot did not work in this room; these were reported to the front desk the next morning.

The location is very well suited for those wishing to be near the airport; you can go door to door within 10 minutes depending on traffic. There are many other hotels in area as well. For added convenience there are also several restaurants within walking distance which is nice if you have no car. I did use the hotel restaurant for breakfast and enjoyed the meal (I had the buffet). The price seemed a little steep but probably is average for a hotel of this type in the area.

Hotels tend to do a heavy renovation about every 10 years or so; I am guessing that this location is likely due for it using that schedule. Many of the surfaces, fixtures etc. in the hotel are showing signs of wear and tear and could use some updating. I don't want to suggest that maintenance is lacking, quite the opposite.. these are normal wear type indications. As I stated I've stayed at other CP's and I would have to say that the other ones were in better shape overall.

To close on a positive note; I found the staff to be very friendly (hotel and restaurant) and professional. During checkin there was a large lineup with a difficult customer at the front asking for help with their laptop; the desk staff was able to politely deflect the issue in a professional manner and get back to incoming customers without being rude. Although I would like to try some other locations in the area next time, I would not hesitate to stay at the CP again if it was the best option.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel and our location suitable for your needs. Especially I was happy to read that that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to front desk and restaurant staff.

Front Office Manager

It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our housekeeping staff.Thanks again for staying with us.We hope to see you again next year!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Spent one night at the Crowne Plaza Airport and while the location was handy for our very early morning flight the $14.00 parking caught me by surprise.
We stayed in the "older" portion of the hotel and was asked if we wanted an upgrade but we thought for one night it would be okay with the regular. Now don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly adequate room but I personally didn't like mini pillows on a queen size bed.
Good water pressure on the shower and needs more outlets to charge phones/Ipads.
My biggest issue was the central air ... bloody loud and would come on and off through the night. My concern with turning it off for the night was that Toronto is in the middle of a heat wave.
All in all, not a bad place to stay but only for a night.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelMGT, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please know that your feedback is important to us as it helps us identify areas of opportunity! Your comments regarding loud air condition in the room have been forwarded to the managers concerned and we will ensure that your concerns are addressed.I am glad that overall your stay was pleasant and hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you again at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport Hotel.