“Good choice for overnight Park n' Fly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport

Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport
Ranked #75 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Brights Grove, Ontario
“Good choice for overnight Park n' Fly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Our travel agent recommended this hotel for an overnight stay with the Park n' Fly package. The hotel is easy to access right off Dixon Road and a 10 minute ride to Toronto Pearson. The shuttle runs every half hour and is prompt (sort of). The rooms are on the small side, however, very clean and modern with all of the amendities. The beds are comfortable and noise was at a minimum considering this is an airport hotel.

Now to the bad. We decided to have a pre-dinner drink at the hotel lobby bar and was totally ignored by the bartender. It was not that busy and It became a bit of a joke with the other patrons. After about 20 minutes we finally complained to the restaurant hostess who appologized and provided free drink vouchers, nice touch. The other problem was pickup at Terminal 3 upon our arrival. We waited by post 22 as instucted by the drop off driver for 45 minutes in the freezing cold with only light jackets while watching all the other hotel shuttles driving by again and again. It was only after a phone call to the front desk that the driver finally showed up. He appologized saying that he was stuck over at terminal 1 waiting for a flight crew which never appeared. Perhaps management needs to address this issue and while flight crews are a large part of the hotel's business, we are customers too.
Overall the stay was pleasant and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms next to the elevator and stairway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
Ontario Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

In mid December, we parked our car ( free with one night stay), and stayed at this hotel
one night on our return 10 days later. Well lit, non fenced area, car in A-1 condition.

This hotel is very close to the Pierson Int. Airport and they have a good free shuttle service.They tell us to phone after we got our luggages and where to wait. Fifteen minutes later they were
there, this well after midnight.

The hotel shows some old age , the hallway carpets were stained on the 6th floor and
the bath room is small, very small vanity and dented tiles and bath tub.
Room size OK, and clean. We slept well, even with the planes flying just above the hotel
were not a problem.
The shuttle driver and the reception desk personnel were nice. Quick service and as we
arrived late, I assume they gave us a room in a quiet corner for a good night sleep. Thanks.
Several restaurants near by.
We choose this hotel for one reason : good value ( Room and free parking and shuttle)
We will seriously consider to repeat for our next trip if less than 15 days.( free parking limit)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times. It's a nice hotel and there are 5 restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the front door. Makes having dinner easy and without hassle. We use this hotels "sleep and fly" package and have paid between $119-$150 for it.

Try to get the best rate available. Through talking with other guest the rate really varies.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear “painterjay” thank you for your recent review and for staying with us at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport. Depending on the time of year you book the price of a room does vary; however with a “sleep and fly” package the cost of parking your vehicle is also consumed into the rate. For 8 days of parking that is a value of $112 which is part of the room rate.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night, they only had one customer service agent on that night and it was a long line up with pilots and flight attendants checking in, but overall the lady at the desk was very nice and the line went pretty fast. The rooms were clean but small. When I was checking out the next day there were some charges to my room that I did not do and the gentleman at the front desk took care of it and was very polite. The only downfall of the hotel was the buffet breakfast, there was a variety but the hot food was cold once it got to your plate (good thing we had vouchers for it).Overall it is a nice hotel to stay at if you need somewhere to stay for a short period and close to the airport since it is literally 5 minutes away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear “ldantimo” Thank you for staying at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport and for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your comments have been passed on to our Executive Chef for immediate action.

Kind Regards,
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located within the area if the aiport so there is no where really to go, but at least it has some restaurants crossing the parking lot (walkable). My room wa the size of a big city hotel (NYC). They are regular in size (not big nor small). However the dated big furniture in the room took away that space that ten room could have. The furniture was not damaged but it was definitely big and bulky. The room felt tight and dark, especially the bathroom.

Overall, the room was clean, I felt safe and it was doable for one night. But I would lounge around the room if I was stuck there for no reason.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelMGT, Rooms Division Manager at Crowne Plaza Toronto Airport, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear “CecibelB” thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your room. Please note that aside from our “Classic” room which you stayed in, we also have an inventory of Modern rooms, Quite Floor rooms and Crowne Executive rooms that would fit a more contemporary taste. All these rooms are available either through our reservations department of through our website.

We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to try one of these option on your next visit.

Warm regards,
Niagara Falls, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at the crown Plaza Toronto Airport when I was in Toronto for a training class. I was able to get the room on a hotel discount site.

The staff was friendly and efficient at check-in.

They have a huge parking lot, yet they still charge for parking. I was not really sure how they enforce who has paid or not for the parking, and perhaps I could have gotten away with not paying, but I did.

The room I had had 2 double beds and was a little crammed, but not uncomfortably so. There was a flat screen TV in the room as well as a desk area for working. Internet in the hotel has great signal and is fast. The bed was comfortable and loaded with pillows. The room being so close to the airport has enough soundproofing, that I did not hear planes taking off and landing.

I utilized the workout room that was there, which had elliptical machines, bikes, treadmill, nautilus and free weights. I was able to get a fine workout in with what they had.

I did not have breakfast on the site, so I am not sure if breakfast was provided or at cost (I was provided breakfast by my Training provider).

They have a bar and restaurant on site, I did not use the restaurant, but did use the bar. Bar staff was friendly and drinks were reasonably priced.

I would not mind staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear “dak1124” we are happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. The parking lot is patrolled and monitored through license registration either at the front desk or through the pay parking meters. If guests do not provide the information it would automatically generate a $20 ticket so we are happy that you were able to register your vehicle with us.

Thank you again for the kind words regarding your stay.

Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice I think, when I needed a hotel close to the airport. I find for the price I've paid it is a good value versus other hotels in the vicinity.

The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The beds are have been very comfortable. The desk setup for working is a two-level desk where the lower portion can slide in or out, which is not my favorite setup but it works and has ample space. The wireless internet has been fast. The bathrooms have been clean functional. Plenty of tv stations and good quality tv's/reception if you have the time. Overall it ranks at the same level as other Crowne Plaza's I have stayed at (Charlotte, NC, Seattle, WA come to mind). It's not as high end as the brand image some may have in their mind, but it is premium and can usually be booked for sub $100.

The staff have been very friendly and helpful. I have not used the exercise room. I have not eaten on site, but there are some good (though slightly pricey) restaurant choices nearby, some a short walk.

They do charge for parking ($10 or $15). But if you have a rental car and a flight in the morning, you can return your rental car that night then utilize the free airport shuttle in the morning, thus saving a day's worth of rental car rate and the parking fee.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business